The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I am leaving DBD for some time, which games would you recommend

Todgeweiht
Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I think I have already reached the burnout point in this game and I want to leave it for some time, any interesting games you guys have been enjoying?

Comments

• Todgeweiht
  • Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I HIGHLY recommend the Resident Evil franchise.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited April 2020

Resident Evil for sure.

Post edited by DocFabron on
  • Todgeweiht

Yikes, im not a big fan of it, I played it at one of my friends house and I simply couldn't get myself to like it.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

If you're looking for single-player: try XCOM 2. Far more than just a strategy puzzle!

If you're looking for multiplayer (optional, not required): look into Monster Hunter World. This one I highly recommend. Play alone as much as you want, but there's easy drop-in/drop-out with others online. The battles are epic and you're likely to become as absorbed in it as you did with DBD. Oh, and the multiplayer is all cooperative, so there's very, VERY little toxicity.

• Todgeweiht

XCOM 2 is great but I suck at it, I always get stuck in. the part where the aliens attack your ship and you must get it going again.

I haven't tried Monster Hunter world tho, so I might give it a try. Thanks for the advice

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

What genres are you into it?

• Cephalon_Lebron
    Cephalon_Lebron Member Posts: 60

Dark souls :)

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I agree with DL. Staying on tapic with zombie survival, State of Decay 2. The game just got a massive overhaul, and all DLC is free. The stunning graphics and smooth gameplay is great. There's a lot to learn, though. If you have time, I'd pick it up.

• Hero_awesome
    Hero_awesome Member Posts: 301

The last of us is amazing. Loved every second of it. U have uncharted 2 Which is one of the greatest games ever. Or batman games if u wanna fight alot.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I highly recommend Hollow Knight. It's a lot of fun and the game is massive. The lore, the gameplay, music, and art are all amazing. It's a Metroidvania type game if you're wondering. It's a great game and it's only 15 bucks.

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324

fortnite

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited April 2020

Try Resident Evil Resistance like the rest of us. Doesn’t seem like its going to have legs so might as well get into it while you can.

No matchmaking, overpowered skills/equipment as both survivor and killers, random crashes.....you’ll feel right at home coming from DBD. Except its not quite as frustrating.

or take Cote’s advice and play Civilization. Not joking it’s an absolute blast you’ll put hundreds of hours into it. Go with 5 though 6 was a let down.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

Im on xbox so Stranded Deep isnt new but ive taken a liking to it very productive and fun

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Overwatch is a good game

• lordtomato
    lordtomato Member Posts: 204

Pokemon

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    edited May 2020

If you like a solo game i would recommend subnautica its very hard tho

Edit: its very hard if you dont use the wiki and youtube videos

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

I'd recommend Minecraft. Not stressful, you can use your imagination as you want, don't have a toxic community and they have devs that care

• Sydraen
    Sydraen Member Posts: 102

I'm skipping right to the comment without reading if someone already recommended this or if you've already played it because if you did you have to replay it and I will scream and shout this game into the void and back because of my great love for it BUT!! Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines!!!! Its such a good roleplaying game, the story and characters are realistic and engaging and the graphics and voice acting is top notch and I'm literally having my heart rate increase just thinking about how much I love this game, God.

You're gonna need an unofficial patch to run it because it is OLD, but steam discussions probably have that covered for you, or GOG version comes with it already added. Its usually pretty cheap and goes on sale often and its soooo damn good. Its vampires, you're a vampire in a vampire world, and you do vampire things! I love it, best game I've ever played and everyone who loves RPGS needs to play it. Yes yes, VTMB!

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800
    edited May 2020

If you want a REALLY hard game that is fun with alot of replayability, I'd recommend "Dead Cells". It's a souls-like metroidvania, with some tough choices and rougelike elements. It may just be me, but despite it being really hard, I never felt like it was bullshit, if you died, you felt like it was your fault, not the games fault. It also has some science to it! (example, would you rather take a easy path, or a harder, longer, but much more rewarding long path).

If your interested, I can say a little more, but I don't want to spoil everything.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

The Souls series is fun. If you have a PS4, Bloodborne is amazing. Lots of action, and each game is different. It has multiplayer, too, so it has some staying power.

Valley by Blue Isle Studios is a great single player game. You explore a valley in an exo suit. I found it quite fun.

• The_Pig_Simp
    The_Pig_Simp Member Posts: 2

Highly Recommend the Dead Rising series. Mainly Dead Rising 1, 2, and Off the record.

Dead rising 3 is alright and I haven't touched the 4th one.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Jurassic World Evolution was fun.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

I been playing assassin's creed odyssey and gta v:) I also been playing fortnite :)

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

I play my old console games when tired of the PC gaming.

I am actually rebeating old Final Fantasy 1 on my NES on the side right now LOL

• Blendette_will_Evade
    Blendette_will_Evade Member Posts: 69

If you are into zombie shooters, I'd say left 4 dead 2, if you use steam, the game may be old but it's still fun to play with a bunch of downloadable content and mods.

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230

try playing mortal kombat 11 if youre good or fine with being stomped. If youre looking for something extremely unique and singleplayer go for hitmam 2. It's expensive but it's worth it if you are a fan. Or you culd wait for a sale.It depends on you to like Hitman though. Some people find it slow and boring and some love it due to its aesthetic and unique gameplay. Relly dpends on you but mortal kombat is pretty fun if you want to learn it.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328

Slay the spire

• Todgeweiht

Guys I already came back, thanks for your recommendations

• Saucynuggets43
    Saucynuggets43 Member Posts: 22

If your into zombie games than dead rising is a must. The basic premise is your stuck in a mall filled with zombies and you can use anything as a weapon to survive. Made by the same guys who made Resident Evil.

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230
    edited June 2020

I also suggest The greatest battle royale of 2020 warzone; absolutely nothing not even Apex Gaylends and Focknite got for it. (Except focknite with the global real-time events)

Rise of the tomb raider can be a fun immersive game and the best part is you can play endurance (survival mode with treasure hunting and starvation/freezing mechanics). Would also suggest: Stranded Deep ( a survival game which can be played split screen with controllers), Payday 2 (Rob banks get paid self explanatory),

You can also give BATTLEFRONT 2 a chance if you have a console. Another game i would recommend for singleplayer fun is infamous second sun. The story almost made me cry, and it's cool that i have influence on it. You can also give Death Stranding a Try. Stay home but feel connected and it makes you feel like youre working and that work is going to help someone else in their journey. Just really more fun in gameplay than paper, deliveries.

Sublime choices that most likely wont disappoint you are Until Dawn, Man of Medan (make sure to try it in Coop with a friend, its really fun that way, and has huge replayability value like Until Dawn but a tad shorter.) Horizon Zero Dawn is also really fun and its coming to PC. Wait for it to come to PC trust me. Also a Sublime Choice would be Marvel's Spider Man on the PS4. Awkward cast, but it feels like a classic even now. Detroit Become Human has a lot of replay value ( i have played that game about 10 times on my ps4). I would suggest getting it on ps4 if you dont like Epic Games and fine with 30 fps Limit.

The nintendo switch is also really fun if you want to have casual fun with friends. Mario kart, You got it. Animal crossing chill and vibe with friends, Yep!

Oh ######### me i forgot to mention infamous second son is like AMERICA right now with the protests. But imagine you are the strongest conduit human being and you can control the whole goddamn nation if you wanted to or make good environmental chance and make conduit human beings coexist with normal human beings. Your choice, and it is also really similar for detroit in that context. You are an android, dirty bomb the city and it's yours, OR go peaceful through protesting as the leader of the deviants. Meanwhile you get the perspective of a hunted and prosecuted android mother trying to protect her "child". Of course if you wanted to you could end this ######### show with Connor, or go help the deviants get their freedom.

Post edited by OhMyWords on