Tired facing SWF as Killer

Options
Viceus
Viceus Member Posts: 145

Hello Guys This is honestly my Opinion. That why I want to discuss it. Recently I play killer until my rank is red. Here is my opinion. I basically hate SWF party with Discord running at background. They have a lot of Information especially with Perk Triple O ( Object Of Obsession ) , Head on save locker, Gen rush ( prove thyself ). Already Unbalance for killer and the worse one after that they mock me when game ended in game chat.

And then , I just play survivor and meet match management near the setting below to allow DLC killer or not, perk , etc ( you can check or un-check that)

I hope killer receive same things like survivor having match management ( allow party survivor or not )

If u ask me How long I play this game. I just play couple hundred of hours play this game before this game change to hatch game. ( 2 players run the game end as draw and before last standing perk become left behind perk )

Comments

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408
    edited April 2020
    Options

Thats how red ranks have always been, its normal.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

SWF is already known to be the most powerful type of way to play.

A good killer can't compete with a decent SWF. Best BHVR is doing for killers is changing map layouts, making smaller loops to cut chases quicker and nerfing 2+ Survivor gen speed.

Hopefully with these changes, some killers can have chance at more hooks and more ways to end chases.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Welcome to the club. It is far more common on console because it is easier to make groups there.

• Viceus
    Options

I hope Dev read this. My friend help me to sent E-mail to Zendesk and he get warned to post at forum.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

What are you going on about? The Match Management screen shows up is a bug and does not allow you to affect anything in regular gameplay.

• Viceus
    Options

make it real then... very simple.... fighting high level swf or high level dlc killer ( sure nuts )

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

tired facing legion as survivor. who cares?

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372
    Options

I beat a good red rank swfs last night and got a perfect 32k game. I get many 4ks when I vs swfs *shrugs*. They will never be needed so killers should just deal. Like survivors have to just deal with the trash killers who camp and tunnel. I don't camp and very rarely tunnel.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

As a survivor, I'm tired of getting camping killers.

• sanki
    sanki Member Posts: 261
    Options

If you feel tired about them, why not try to join them?

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

No offense but there's like a million posts about being tired of dealing with SWF. I'm pretty sure the devs are aware of people saying this.

I'm pretty sure the whole gen progression with multiple people nerf was specifically targeted at this level of play. I don't know what making another cookie cutter post after they're already buffing killer side is going to do.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    Options

More survivors nerf=more unbalanced for solo survivor=more SWF.

More chasing's nerf to survivor= more genrushing.

• Viceus
    edited April 2020
    Options

Ban voice program running at background then... Simple.... They can't do a things without communication...

• Lavos99z
    Lavos99z Member Posts: 117
    Options

Here's what I propose: Make it known who is in a SWF. Make it easy to see that they're in a party together. Other games do it. Other games show who is in a party and who isn't. If you want to dodge a SWF, just look for some kind of little mark near their name is what should be done. BHVR should do this ASAP as it requires a bit of doing on Steam to detect who is with friends and who isn't. I imagine it might be worse on console.

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107
    Options

Just add a debuff for SWF, problem solved.

I don't know why devs are so scared to touch SWF. If people wanna play with their friends their gonna do it. So why not add a "hard" mode debuff to balance it.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

I see so many "tired of SWF" posts, yet I'm willing to bet over half of those were good solo queues that destroyed you lol.

I know I've been accused of being SWF before. Don't use it as an excuse, just work on improvement.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited April 2020
    Options

As you say:

"Low quality bait" from killer mains.

Also this https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/143726/killers-logic#latest

• Viceus
    Options

what ? I just see his name on his lobby. all Thailand, all from Malay, all from Indonesia. What do you expect ? not party ?

Accused for ? you are nub. Hahaha. It's not just me to ask for nerf SWF. Famous streamer also. They are trolled by head on party or OOO party. IF not party how can they are use that skills ?

• Viceus
    Options

You can see their steam profile while u are in a room and see their are SWF or not... Logic ? that really SWF.. How about 4 of you shows stream background and I can see discord beyond that DBD software...

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

I didn't know there were only 4 people in Thailand, Malay or Indonesia.

Some people are just good at the game. You will get there one day if you practice, however blaming SWF will get you nowhere.

• Mason_Cheryl
    Mason_Cheryl Member Posts: 16
    Options

lmao, so if I see 4 players from the same country, automatically they are SWF ? ._.

• Real_Cheesus
    Real_Cheesus Member Posts: 20
    Options

Give killers a post-game BP multiplier for facing SWF groups.

Or if they want to actually improve game balance, have bloodlust accrue more quickly for each lobbied survivor in the game. SWF teams basically have 3-4 extra information perk slots, so killers really need some tangible boost when going into a game with that serious of a disadvantage.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,457
    Options

Exactly how would the devs do this? I dunno about other platforms, but on Xbox the party chat is entirely separate from any game, and I believe a few years back Microsoft mandated any game they accept cannot interfere with the party chats at all.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

"Play another game for a week. Try civilization."

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    edited May 2020
    Options

One of these things was designed for the game while the other was clearly not.

Well I guess Legion isn't designed all that well but he was designed for the game. SWF was certainly not at the forefront.

• ArthurFiNCHr
    ArthurFiNCHr Member Posts: 78
    edited May 2020
    Options
  • madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options

I am a solo survivor and I am equally tired of SWF as the OP. Whenever I end up in a game with 2 - or worse yet, 3 - other players running SWF, I feel equally as dejected as when I see a secret offering at the start. SWF steals 90% of this game's magic, as well as goes against virtually all horror movie tropes that DBD is based on, one way or the other ( Halloween would have turned out to be a very different movie if a group of concerned citizens of Haddonfield banded together and hunted Mike Myers down instead)

I always bring Kindred, with every single character even if I only have it at one. For solo survivors, it tends to be as essential as Sprint Burst or Self-Care. While the benefit of seeing the killer close to the hook is nice, and having the same shown to others when it is you that is hanging, the far more important benefit is seeing what and where all other survivors are when you are not the one on the hook.

Seeing the others behavior during this particular stage of the match tends to usually reveal if some of them happen to be running SWF, (nevertheless, it still needs the post-match confirmation of seeing their equipped perks). Unless other survivors also happen to be using Kindred , there is no way for any random group of solo survivors to ever be this coordinated duriing the hooked phase, as there is no real way for players to signal to each other built into the game, aside from waving your arms while on the hook to signal killer's proximity.

As a solo survivor equipped with Kindred you end up with a particular POV. Some of the action switching between the other survivors in different corners of the map is simply surreal, as it is both outside of Bond distance and occurs before Empathy can possibly kick in given health states. Knowing where the person is hooked only provides a point of reference for the killer's previous location but without additional perks survivors know nothing about the killer's path. The only ones that have any such info are those equipped with Kinded, and the survivor currently on the hook. Eventually, more information can get revealed to those survivors equipped with Bond/Empathy/Dark Sense . but only Kindred provides this unequivocal knowledge with regards to the direction the killer takes off in after hooking a survivor.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Its not swf, its gen speeds. Both of these games were swf

One team focused on gens and did them efficiently. The other didnt. Simple as that