Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Mixed feeling on the claudette contest skin

Stitch7833
Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

so its nice claudette is getting a new skin, its different from her others which is great however...

my issue with it is i feel every female cosmetic tends to be about having less clothes on, always in some crop top showing off their waist and belly... not to mention she has a thong so damn high up it always feels like its forced on teh female characters.

on the other hand its different like i said which is good! and its also not really dark and may encourage claudettes not to always play blendette and actually use other cosmetics.

PS. id still like a lab coat please

Comments

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

Agreed, its why i want a lab coat personally to fit in. as for the revealing its just a shame its always so damn popular, i feel every female is getting one, not two weeks ago we not another 2 crop top things. its like people havent seen a female belly before lol

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

May I introduce you to Shirtless David?

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,003

You're not wrong, but I already feel that way about some of Claudette's existing cosmetics.

They could probably find a way for this new outfit to work if they were able to justify some of the others she has.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

That's not what I said. Personal reasons can be just about anything. Also you're specifically complaining about revealing skins for females when David King gets to run around half naked - literally. You realize what this makes you look like, don't you?

As for "lore" @Iceman described it perfectly: "There could have been a point of time where Claudette went outside of her comfort zone."

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

What's so uninspiring about it? Have your heard of the saying less is better?

It's obvious that the designer realized that this wasn't a current outfit in the game. It was a smart choice to be the one to pursue it.

This particular outfit have been very popular amongst stars within the pass year. Especially with those kind of glasses. I really hope that the designer know his/her design is very much appreciated by others.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Yes, very popular. Hence my comment about how generic it is, I could look outside my window for the last 20 years and see fifteen people wearing it. Not a lot of thought or creativity in that, I suppose.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

I'm sorry but this is not DBD runway. Although you may have seen it in rl for the past 20 years it has not yet been implemented in DBD.

There's a lot of details in this outfit that makes it stand out. Only thing I ask the devs is to give us the version with the hoodie on and not the beanie

• SlingerKing
    SlingerKing Member Posts: 65

Claudette shouldn't have gotten it. Politics.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Am I the weird one when I want costumes that are very different from the usual stuff characters use?

Am I the weird one when I want a xmas collection of costumes? Or a metal band one? Or a medieval time one?

What's the fun in keeping everything the same kind of stuff?

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

It's just immersion breaking. I don't want to see all the survivors running around in Christmas costumes. This is SUPPOSED to be a horror game.

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165
    edited May 2020

if the problem is immersion breaking the line was crossed a long time ago with elf dwight, ash's puppet, looks like people want to use claudette to fill an agenda here

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

Hey now I loved that Jane skin. Much better then the Claudette skin imo. But maybe I'm biased as a Jane main, although I definitely don't like all her outfits.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

It just feels like the winners were just easy/more capable to make into a cosmetic than other complicated ones like the Nea Viper snake cosmetic which had extraordinary detail and flair about it. I've only seen a handful of entries but the winning ones I'm not a fan of at all.

Having said that the winners deserve credit for sharing their creativity in a sea of close competition.

• walrusthemighty
    walrusthemighty Member Posts: 28

When people like you will realize that LORE is nothing but a small non-important part of this game which developers have no interest at. If people like you want some LORE in the videogame where you do gens while killer is trying to kill you, maybe try some other game?

• Han
    Han Member Posts: 196

it's an 18+ game, I think showing some skin is more than ok.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I mean, if you'd have put lets say... Nea? The wild child who has street perks and so on in an urban outfit with a whale tale, that'd have fit better. Claudette was just an odd choice, given her lore yes. However, I don't see the harm in folks who'd like to see more diversity in their choices being happy with this either. She's the one black female character in the game, and not everyone who plays her because they identify with that wants to be a more conservative botanist.

I will say I appreciate that DBD isn't oversexed like many games on the market though. Hopefully it doesn't go beyond something like this, which is pretty tame in comparison to many.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Revealing outfits on females has kind of been a big part of horror flicks. Tons of slasher movies have chicks in bikinis getting killed and cheesy sex scenes.

Something about the contrast between carefree fun and horrible death I'd guess.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

SHIRTLESS CLOWN. SHIRTLESS CLOWN. SHIRTLESS CLOWN. SHIRTLESS CLOWN.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited May 2020

I'll be honest, I did not even pay attention to the survivor side of the cosmetic contest I was too busy hooting and hollering that the super cool Legion skin I saw (and everyone knew it was gonna win, let's be honest, that man went all out even with a trailer for the skin) made it in. Was not paying attention to the survivor side at all this time around

Even though I hardly play Legion at all, mad respect to the guy who created such a cool cosmetic idea, hope they can nail the LED mask and it's multiple expressions.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761

Please don't take my shirtless David away from me lol

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Yeah, that is my biggest gripe with that one as well. It doesn't fit her character or personality.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

A skin is a cosmetic, it doesnt have to fit the character or anything, more variety we have the better, another coat would have been boring as frick.

• Aven_Fallen

I dont have any problems with shirtless David :P

But he comes to my mind every time when someone complains about female characters being sexualized. Like, they are showing their Belly, Kate has too big boobs/unrealistic Body, Spirit is naked/a Schoolgirl.

But the muscular, half-naked guy is ok.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Even though I agree the Claudette skin is a bad fit, I feel sorry for the poor swine who drew it. There has been quite the backlash about the decision.

• Aven_Fallen

Agreed. I just wrote on their wall to appreciate the work.

The design itself is really great, and I am pretty sure that quite a bunch of people will be happy when the Skin is in the game.

• AgitatedPenguin
    AgitatedPenguin Member Posts: 93

I can't wait to see everyones thoughts when we get the swimsuit pack. 😂

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Same here. Imagine winning contest and being told that your hard work wasn't good enough to win.

I personally love the cosmetic, regardless of it "fitting her personality." I mean, clown is a brutal Killer, yet he's walking around as an cuddly cute elephant mascot and wraith, a candle. Lets keep the same energy for everyone.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761
  • Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I think its more character base sense Meg has some tight clothing that leaves little to the imagination but no one cares sense she is a runner and thus would have tight clothing.

Anyways getting back to the thread: This Claudette outfit makes me think more of Nea's rebelliousness nature(The beanie doesn't help this either) rather then something Claudette would ever wear due to it looking almost punk-like in style

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I think it's great, they could add some separate lore to it, where Claud was peer pressured into going out or something. Because in the picture that was drawn, she looks a bit nervous to me tbh.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

i hear what you are saying about the not fitting part, just because Claud likes science doesn't mean she has to be always in science attire of gardening gear, the drawing is great, but for me the thong, on anyone i guess just i think should be tweaked