Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Question for the Youtube Q&A

Comments

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

Have you considered making the shadowborn FOV the default FOV? It feels a lot nicer and makes killer feel less claustrophobic I personally love using shadownborn on all killers but on some Killers it's jut not worth the perk slot.

• doesntmatter
    doesntmatter Member Posts: 5
    Why was some of the blood removed from Neas prestiged clothes?
  • HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    I honestly think the ability to see lockers should be a built in perk for The Huntress, like The Pig can see jigsaw boxes and The Hag can see where she placed traps.
  • thicc_boi
    thicc_boi Member Posts: 15

Can you please make a bar where you can select what type of music to be in the menu and in-game music chase?

• FunC
    FunC Member Posts: 65

Since you have the roadmap and every chapter is planned - does it mean that there will be no more licensed killers?

• Hail_to_the_King
    Hail_to_the_King Member Posts: 183
    Console Update to fix framerate and a ton of the other bugs on console.
  • NickMilian
    NickMilian Member Posts: 81

Are licensed killers a thing of the past since it is unlikely we'll be able to use auric cells to buy them or any cosmetics?

• wall_0f_wonders2
    wall_0f_wonders2 Member Posts: 10

what are the next list of perks you guys will be looking at? if there is any.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Can we get stats again?

Escape rates against all Killers on all ranks.
    Most popular Killer Perks.
    Most unpopular Killer Perks.
    Most popular Survivor Perks.
    Most unpopular Survivor Perks.
    Most popular Killers.
    Most unpopular Killers.
    Most popular Survivors.
    Most unpopular Survivors.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited September 2018

Have you considered making the shadowborn FOV the default FOV? It feels a lot nicer and makes killer feel less claustrophobic I personally love using shadownborn on all killers but on some Killers it's jut not worth the perk slot.

They have actually it's in a Q&A video.. they also mentioned toning down the brightness from the flashlight a bit as well... I dont think they will increase the FOV that much because they mentioned that if they did that if we then use M&A or shadowborn then we'd see the killers shoulders and it wouldnt look good lol.. but I also would like to know Devs... if any progress has been made on these 2 topics the fov which is incredibly frustrating and the blinded effect from flashlights are there any plans to adjust these two in the near future? Pretty please? 
  • BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

Are you guys actively trying to get more rights for more licensed characters?

• Akhaten
    Akhaten Member Posts: 125

Can you rework the totems so after they are cleansed the related perk still can be used? Like make the perk less effective from the original one. If you want to see what my idea is check this post:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/11437/hex-perks-rework-idea

Also can you make a scoring event for pallet stuns like the unhook event? If a survivor gets hit by the killer and gets the stun it shouldn't be a rewarding play (1000bp). It should be something like a unclean/clean stun event.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Will you please now consider adding colorblind options to the game? Thanks.
  • Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198

After we cleared the general issue why we can't get the charity case as a regular dlc on console i asked myself if it wouldn't be possible to sell it on the cosmetic store? And what happened to the dlc exclusiv cosmetics for all the other old chapters like we got one for the Leatherface dlc? Thanks and keep up the great work!

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Can we get support for people who are color blind? Maybe change up the aura reading color(totems, generators, survivors) Scratch marks also. Color blindness affects more men then women and with so many aura reading perks this is an issue.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Hello! I just wanted to ask if there was any talk about colorblind support for this game. 
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Please consider adding colorblind mode. Please take a look at the Wishlist thread created for that purpose. Thanks

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    With the releases of the Trapper and Huntress masks in mind, are there plans on more merchandise for other killers? (Such as a doctor coat, wraith weapon or clown drugs)
  • LukeOak
    LukeOak Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2018

Hello guys, I'm interested in dedicated servers. I keep joining to high ping lobby almost after every game. Also I'm meeting 2-3 lag-switchers every day with is so unfair. Probably with actual network setup there are some players with bad upload and waiting for survivor whole eternity. Are you planning some upcoming changes for this part of the game?

• BenAcid
    BenAcid Member Posts: 34

I hope I didn't miss this question or its answer already, but are you considering using concepts of the community or at least parts of it?

• SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
    edited September 2018
    Is it possible to share my vids on the forum I create DBD content on YouTube and want to share it with the comunity  most recently  a DBD Alice in Chains Parody song. Booster. For now it's only viewable @Sh1fty 423@YouTube  make sure to space betwine Sh1fty and 423 if ya search it on YT thanks
  • KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165
    edited September 2018

Any plans on changing the badges/rank/pips earned in game for killer and survivor or are you happy with where they are at right now? (adjusting the numbers for acquiring different tiers of badges)

Post edited by KillJiggy on
  • LostWanderer
    LostWanderer Member Posts: 16
    Hey Dev I know this is off topic. If we get Official upated about the trapper mask 1:1. That was announced late last year. Thank you for providing us with amazing game.
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    How different are the game play statistics W/L, overall game time and bloodpoints across platforms looked at in terms of overall gaming experience across multiple platforms? I was wondering this as PC and Console are very different gaming experiences. Is there any plan on making game mechanics, ie one button for most for multiple actions like console, more streamlined? 
  • XxBECKsMANxX
    XxBECKsMANxX Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2018

What about selling add ons/ offerings back for bloodpoints ? For example : I got this Map offering or any 50% BP boost, but I don´t want it and sell it back to the entity for half the price (bought for 3000 sold for 1500 BP) !? This would be great I think.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

Since some killers are clearly not strong enough for rank 1, why not give to each killer his own rank?
    i'm rank 1 right now and it feel bat to know that i can't use some killers cause they are too weak for that rank.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Can you add an option to opt-out from SWF? If people want to play with friends they can always play KYF. SWF is extremely unfair to the killer. It is one sided favoring the survivors enjoyment of the game, while completely disregarding the killer's experience. It is full of toxicity. It is unbalanced to the point where you end up versing 4 red ranks while your killer is level 15. Players should have a choice if they want to play against a group of people on comms, instead you are taking it away. We do not play the game to entertain a group of 4 survivors.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

What about selling add ons/ offerings back for bloodpoints ? For example : I got this Map offering or any 50% BP boost, but I don´t want it and sell it back to the entity for half the price (bought for 3000 sold for 1500 BP) !? This would be great I think.

Omg Yeassss please! I have like so many items that I will never use! 

• BarreZ
    BarreZ Member Posts: 3

Any plans to add a colorblind mode? I love to play killer but its realy hard to me see genes auras and hooks (and definitively i never play trapper).

• Jakey_Park
    Jakey_Park Member Posts: 1

I know this nerf is probably already set in stone. But what if, With dstrike if you are the obsession you can still hop off the shoulder but if you are not it simply just stuns the killer. But if you are the obsession using dstrike will put you in the broken state for the rest of the game

• Wolfy
    Wolfy Member Posts: 25
    Cant swf group abuse the report by submitting the same thumbs down if they feel they want to troll a killer that killed them?
  • guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149

Will there be devotion rewards?
    As I see it, for now, devotion takes a lot of time and is useless: nobody can see that you're devotion 1,2 or 3.
    Will there be any changes about that?

• Basiq
    Basiq Member Posts: 11

Any thoughts about making a map creator for Private lobbys? (Like CS:GO or PORTAL)

• Grimbergoth
    Grimbergoth Member Posts: 293

Will there be any changes to SWF ? Options I see and have heard from earlier post include : a opt out for killers to keep swf groups from joining their game . Removing exp and bloodpoint gains from swf groups . Remove swf option all together . balance the game around swf groups and this organization with voips instead of the solo gamer . combine swf and kwf into one game . Or "its working as intended" while less and less killers play daily ?

Those seem like the most viable options and it seem a very large part of the community wish to see something done but hear nothing about the subject .

• Are the devs aware of nurse's animation/sound bugs that often occur when she is charging her blink? It is extremely annoying to hear her moans going extremely fast while trying to focus.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

I really really Really REALLY want to know, what were the hints to the Spirit, alluded to, before the first trailer was released?
    There was a post to suggest that there was info out there...

Many thanks!

• Tipper117
    Tipper117 Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2018
    Can we please get a update on framerate issues for console?  I play PC mostly, but have friends that play on PS4 from time to time that I'll hop on with.  On PS4, the  framerate is poor as survivor.  And the framerate playing as killer can be near unplayable at times.  For example, I'll hit survivors and they'll be impossible to track up close when they get their speed boost because the framerate is so bad and choppy.  And tracking their movements leading up to a hit can be difficult with the low framerate as well.

Also, any possibility of controller settings getting smoothed out at all, especially for killer.  Using a controller in DBD, especially as killer, is kind of rough.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!!!
  • Ranthe
    Ranthe Member Posts: 8

Hello there, Huge fan :)
    Have you ever considered adding a time limit to the end of a match when an exit is available? This could make for some exciting / pressured plays when survivors have to choose whether to go for a rescue or run out. It could also limit the number of games that are held hostage at the end.

• Wildartfly
    Wildartfly Member Posts: 2

Will we see any nerfs to killers movement speed? And if so..Will it be through add-ons or just in general.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    With identity V getting a 8 v 2 mode, is there any chance that we could get one here in dbd?
  • GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Will you plan on adding more perks per bloodweb or make it so that perks are among the first to be acquired in the bloodweb? So much bloodpoints are used just to get the basics
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I got one when are the devs going to patch ps4 survivor's from lagging everytime I play as survivor my game lags so bad I'm running away 15-30 meter distance yet I go down when killer is not even near me or I glitch backwards and forwards as I rn meaning I jump back about 5 steps for every 2 I take so please when will that be patched so the lagging stops or at least tell us why its happing
  • xdamienz
    xdamienz Member Posts: 9
    Will you optimise dbd on consoles maybe 60 fps? 
  • AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Is editing in Gameusersettings.ini and Engine.ini allowed? If not, any plans to give us players more options to adjust the quality of the game for low end PCs?
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Is any work currently being done on the skybox to add dynamic stars or clouds? Whenever I stop to appreciate the environment, the sky suddenly feels decidedly un-atmospheric, and I was curious if any of the developers felt the same way.

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

Why was the shattered bloodline DLC released at full price unlike Clown which only cost 5€ after release? I prefered the way of releasing it with the Clown because it actually felt like a reward to bu the DLC early

• Babatom
    Babatom Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2018

Once all teachables are unlocked, survivors have no gameplay differences, whereas killers have unique abilities and mechanics. What is the reason for this design choice rather than, for example, giving perks greater efficiency when played on their originating character, or having each survivor posses a unique item? E.g. Claudette has the med-kit, Jake has the sabo toolbox

Do you have any plans to make the survivors feel more individual in terms of gameplay?

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233

Where is Youtube Q&A #3? I see it on YouTube, but I don't see it in the forum (and I really appreciate the table of contents on the other ones that are posted in the forum).

• Chubster
    Chubster Member Posts: 197
    edited September 2018

can we get some information on if you guys are working to fix broken add ons for maps, the chilli add ons for the cannibal, deliverance not working and diversion having noise notifications up in the air?

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

Hey, me again I asked about Leatherface in this thread but I have another question:

I was just wondering if you were able to tell us which licensed killer you have been given the go ahead to make cosmetics for. I remember Mathieu Cote saying that there was one when you had the play with the devs a few weeks back.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.