Playing against oni

Options

i have trouble playing against the oni while his blood fury is active, and I would appreciate some tips on what to do while he’s in that phase.

Comments

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

Spread out, most likely he has infectious freight. Stay away from gens unless he's in a chase. Once his power runs out, he's a m1 killer.

If you're seen, find a long wall and loop him there. He can't catch you with demon dash unless he's got top-knot. He has to chase you normally, but remember that he has still an increased lunge.

You can use lockers as well to tank his hit, but they won't buy you much time, just like with any other killer.

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349
    Options

^ pretty much that. Loop around places with a lot of turns. There are some tiles like in mount ormond that are way too curvy to be consistent for the Oni. Curves are good just like irl and against the Oni

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

As an oni main let me give tips,

1, if you hear him go sicko mode HIDE its the best way to avoid getting SLAMED

2, try hard to deny him early game hits Oni is at his weakest at the start of the game the longer you keep him there the better.

3, take tight corners and stay near objects or walls that are too tight for him to turn.

Other than that play him if you get the chance best way to learn how to counter a killer is to play them and learn them. Hope this helps.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Yeah unsafe loops are where Ive had the most success with Oni as he can turn sharp enough to stay behind me, and I THINK when hes not running and trying to demon strike if you time it right run straight at and past him as i dont THINK he can do a 180...i THINK

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

1) Your best bet is not being found in the first place. Make sure to play around BBQ and Infectious Fright and play safe until his power is over.

2) If you are found, loops with tight turns are effective, unless the Oni has top-knot. If he has top-knot, you're pretty screwed if the Oni is good.

• RaginRendon
    RaginRendon Member Posts: 279
    Options

All this feedback is very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to do so :)

• Epicu2
    Epicu2 Member Posts: 46
    Options

If you hear his loud stomping when running, just hide behind something, and make sure you are not seen (he can't track you like Legion)

But if you are his 'obsession', you can't hide so you're basically screwed, sorry.

Overall, hide, and don't become the obsession.

(I actually have Oni, and it's hard to find people if they are not the obsesion, so just hide as well as you can).

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336
    Options

If he’s running at you in a curve, take a sharp turn to the opposite direction. That way it doesn’t matter how much he flicks, that’s gonna be a dead angle.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

The Oni can see scratch marks while dashing, and obsession means a lot of things, are you talking specifically with Nemesis and PWYF?

You can still hide as obsession, but theres a perk that lets you and the killer see each other when you look their way.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Oni can see scratch marks while using his power unlike legion.

And his power has absolutely nothing to do with the obsession.