QoL for Dance with me

Volfawott
Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
Little buff to dance with me.
 It's currently a really nice perk don't get me wrong but I feel because dance with me is linked to fast vaulting, I thought it would be nice to make it so that if you have the perk and it's not on cooldown you will always do a proper fast vault and not have to worry about doing the medium one. 

Kind of like how balanced landing used to work before it got buffed 

Comments

• oke
    oke Member Posts: 102

This is a good idea. If it makes you always fast vault when sprinting, that's great. It would work nicely with Quick and Quiet, although I still think that both perks shouldn't have a cooldown. It would give more options to lose the killer instead of having to loop him.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Quick and Quiet not having a cooldown is actually not a bad idea. I'm not sure how to feel about the original post though. Dance With Me by itself is not a bad perk. I've been running it with Lithe lately and getting excellent results losing the killer with it.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,555

I dunno, I sorta' feel like dance with me is fine as is. I'm using it along with Iron Will, Lithe, and Q&Q and it's pretty powerful. One well planned vault is usually enough to lose most killers (unless you're injured, then blood usually gives you away).

The only thing I might want to see changes is making it so it only activates when you can actually move again. It currently activates as soon as the vaulting animation ends, so if you use it from a second story window, you lose a large portion of the perk's effect by the time you hit the ground and wait for the stun to wear off.

• Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    I love the idea of quick and quiet not having a cooldown. I also really like the suggestion for dance with me! Do it, BHVR.
  • KwwB
    KwwB Member Posts: 75
    edited September 2018

@Peanits said:
    I dunno, I sorta' feel like dance with me is fine as is. I'm using it along with Iron Will, Lithe, and Q&Q and it's pretty powerful. One well planned vault is usually enough to lose most killers (unless you're injured, then blood usually gives you away).

The only thing I might want to see changes is making it so it only activates when you can actually move again. It currently activates as soon as the vaulting animation ends, so if you use it from a second story window, you lose a large portion of the perk's effect by the time you hit the ground and wait for the stun to wear off.

This is exactly what I came here to talk about. I've been running Lithe, Q&Q, and Dance With Me for awhile now and it is quite strong if used the right way. The only downside is what Peanits said here. If you vault from anything and then drop some distance you lose some if not all of the Dance With Me time. I would love to have it be 3 seconds of running time, not just 3 seconds straight after a fast vault.

• KwwB
    KwwB Member Posts: 75

Oh, and about Quick and Quiet not having a cooldown. I think that would be too much. The 20 second timer currently I feel is just fine. I've use it multiple times back to back while a killer is looking for me after losing me in a chase. Quick exit from a locker, go around the corner, wait a bit, killer checks locker. Come back and fast enter the locker. I wish I recorded some of these Q&Q uses because they are quite funny.