Auric Cells are too expensive / costumes too expensive (shards)

Maybe I'm too poor xD
But I think Auric Cells are too expensive. I think 1 USD for 500, 2 USD for 1100... 6000 Aurics = 10 USD

300 lvl is like 50-60k shards, purple costume cost 21 600k shards for one. I think it's to much, maybe I'm wrong, but I think about 900 for bronze (like now) 1500 for yellow, 5000 for green and 8000 shards for purple :)

What do you think about it?

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I dont care about cosmetics.
    In all games I see cosmetics as a way to support a game I like. In DBD I feel uncompfortable spending anymore money because I want to show the devs that we are not heading into the right direction

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2018
    They definitely are. $10 for one very rare outfit is too much. I would decrease the prices (and increase some of the cell values) to $2 for 500 cells, $5 for 1100 cells, $10 for 2250 cells, $20 for 5000 cells, $35 for 8000 cells, and $50 for 12500 cells.  

As for shard prices, I agree with your values for brown and yellow outfits. For green, I think they should cost between 3000 and 4000 shards and purples should cost anywhere between 6500 and 7500 shards.
  • dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 680
    Maybe the prices are to high but whats wrong with grinding for what you want.
    Im fine with earning your progress though skill and grinding
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited September 2018

Cosmetics that nobody needs - everyone played without them before they came out, game works the same.

Grind, pay or don't use them.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I'm fine with the $ value simply because I'm paying to support the game. I will however say that the Shards do take too long to grind. I play a decent amount after work with free time and barely make anything. Unless you have some serious time to commit you cannot reasonably get a cosmetic set (high tier).

Sure cosmetics may offer no real advantage (maybe stealth on some) but they are a part of the overall enjoyment of the game.

• MegaWaffle

@SenzuDuck said:
    Cosmetics that nobody needs - everyone played without them before they came out, game works the same.

Grind. pay or don't use them.

Cosmetics add a reason to keep playing. Its good to have a goal to grind towards but if its too much then you lose interest.

I've had this game since day 1 and have almost everyone P3 with perk builds. If there were no cosmetic items I'd have gotten way more burnt out than I am now.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@MegaWaffle said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Cosmetics add a reason to keep playing. Its good to have a goal to grind towards but if its too much then you lose interest.

I've had this game since day 1 and have almost everyone P3 with perk builds. If there were no cosmetic items I'd have gotten way more burnt out than I am now.

I played this game for 2K hours before the cosmetics came out, so did many others. If people weren't grinding out cosmetics they'd be grinding out perks anyway.

If they made the "grind" too easy and quick then people would leave anyway.

• MegaWaffle

@SenzuDuck said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@SenzuDuck said:

I played this game for 2K hours before the cosmetics came out, so did many others. If people weren't grinding out cosmetics they'd be grinding out perks anyway.

If they made the "grind" too easy and quick then people would leave anyway.

A huge difference between making the grind "easy" and making the grind reasonable.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    I honestly don't understand this opinion.

Using the most expensive way of buying Auric Cells (500 for $5 USD), 1 Auric Cell is 1 cent. By that math, costs are as follows...

Very Rare outfits are $10.80.
    Rare outfits range from $6.75 to $8.10
    Uncommon outfits are $2.70
    Common outfits are $1.35

By comparison, an outfit in Fortnite ranges in cost from $8 to $20. Other games have similar pricing on cosmetic outfits, and some are much more expensive.

These prices are very reasonable.
  • LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

But Fortnite is F2P and DBD cost 20$ + DLC (around 50$)

• Megaris
    Megaris Member Posts: 105
    They have to earn a lot of money from DBD because Deathgarden made a blunder ;-)
  • HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

If I could change one thing about the cosmetics, I would make them all available for shards. Otherwise, no outfit has gotten me to spend money up to now, although I did buy all the dlc's (excluding the soundtrack) directly from steam.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

This is their business model to remain profitable. You don't have to purchase them. Having pricey fluff items is better than having a pay to win game or dumbass loot boxes.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

@Jesya said:
    This is their business model to remain profitable. You don't have to purchase them. Having pricey fluff items is better than having a pay to win game or dumbass loot boxes.

The OP has an issue with the pricing, not the existence of the business model. This straw man comes up every time someone thinks that prices are too high.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

@HookedonDemand said:

@Jesya said:

The OP has an issue with the pricing, not the existence of the business model. This straw man comes up every time someone thinks that prices are too high.

See my second sentence.

• kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2018
    With paid dlc and prior paid game I hate that there are microtransactions. The cells are connected to cosmetics so that doesn’t bother me too much though I feel shards are adjusted according to the microtransaction economy instead of a fair grind.