It's threen gens bannable?(Not a doctor build) - SOLVED

Options
ClawsOfHell
ClawsOfHell Member Posts: 68
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

So i was trying to ask if doing the three gens strategy is bannable but for some reason my post got deleted but there was anything wrong about it.

First - I'm not saying that i want to use a doctor build on a specific map with, distressing, overcharge, ruin and things like that no! i'm talking about using any killer but keeping an eye on the gens to make sure that survivors do gen in a way that me as a killer can have a better map pressure.

Second - Last post i said that i got banned already three times to give a emphasis that if you don't play in a way that survivors aprove yout get banned that's a sad fact but it's and not complaing about it, i stopped playing with my favorite killer(Huntress) because i got banned for "wall hack and aim bot" three times but there's perks to see survivors auras and i have ears and a good prediction i know that survivors can think "it's hack" but again i'm not complaing about my bans i just said that i don't wanna look as hacker because like in my old times with huntress because i don't wanna get banned again and that's why i'm asking on the dbd forum if it's bannable to use an estrategy to force survivors to three gens themselves because a lot of them say that i'm holding hostage but i chase and i down but again i'll not chase you if you lead me to a dead zoned on the mape.

Third - To just make sure that everybody understand what i'm trying to explain is i'm not faking be friend of survivors and force them to make the gens that i want or that i'm using a build on a specific map to get advantage! no like i said i'm playing normally but i'll not chase you if i notice that you want my attention to force me leave my pressure area to chase you to dead zones of the map.

So i think i explained everthing and i hope to not get my post delete again please.

Before someone says that i'm killer main, since i stopped playing huntress i started playing survivor so again i'm not main killer saying that everybody should do the doctor three gens build

And i only have one killer on p3 and that was my huntress that i don't play anymore because of survivors complaining , so plz don't say that i'm asking for unfair things for survivors because i'm much more survivor main than killer but i like to playing killer sometimes even not having the option to play my main killer anymore.

Best Answer

Answers

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2020
    Options

no is not and never u will get banned for actually playing using your brain. is annoying yes but 99 % of times us survivors fault getting 3 genned because the killer cant do gens survivors can do gens, if the killer is patrolling a 3 gen zone u should slowly but surely try to get his attention and doing a gen in that zone meanwhile u can 99 gens if that happened, is hard to deal with 3 gen zones sometimes against some killers but is not impossible but more importantly u should have avoided that, most time the killer didnt create the 3 gen zone survivors did

sometiems 3 gens can spown close each other sometiems that happens and the kiler try to patroll those gens, usually the killer wont commit for a chase away from that zone if he is losing the game unless is an strong killer who can finish a chase fast and of course if he has pop to actually get all that time wasted back.

• ClawsOfHell
    Options

Thanks for the answers so i don't have to worry the people complaing on the endgame chat? i love dbd but since a lot of people say that "I have a bhvr friend and he gonna ban you trash killer" and i already have banned because of a dude that said exactly this i have a lot of fear using any strategy that gonna make people salt with me, but again thanks for the anwers now i know that's inst' bannable so i can play with less fear. :)

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,678
    Options

Oh, it's this guy lying about his Huntress wallhack/aimbot bans again.

• Tiersis
    Tiersis Member Posts: 259
    Options

I used to work support for a major video game company, and dealt with hundreds of tickets a day during that time of my life.

I can tell you for a fact, no "Friend" who works support for any game company is gonna break policy and risk their job to ban someone because their friends got salty and whined about it.

If you're not cheating, you are safe.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,104
    Options

If your trying to down survivors, no...its not bannable. If your sole intention though is to prevent 3 gens from being done rather than actually trying to down anyone, thats the line.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    Options

"so i don't have to worry the people complaing on the endgame chat?"

That may be the most optimistic thing I've ever read. No, you'll have to worry about endgame chat even if you do everything "right". You'll REALLY need to worry about it if you actually play like you're trying to win, and then double that for using a 3gen to do so, as well.

• ClawsOfHell
    edited May 2020
    Options

Yeah... but i don't think that's it's 100% true...

No i'm not i just said this in the last post to give a emphasis that survivors report you for no reason you can watch Otzdarva and he always make videos with the title "Huntress hack" because everytime he plays huntress someone say that he it's cheating so it's a fact that huntress get a lot of this salt comments.

Thanks for the help folks i apreciate :).

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Thats kind of a shady line though. The smart play is to chase someone to the nearest pallet, break the pallet return to your gens. Rinse and repeat until the pallets near by are gone and you can down people quickly. Survivors start getting desperate and making mistakes like working on the gens before healing as it goes on too.

I wont say no killer ever JUST watches the gens and never commits to chase because of course tgere are dickholes that do that and that should be an issue, my only point is it may LOOK like thats whats happening at first when its not.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

I was wondering why that thread got deleted.

But yeah, 3-gen isn't a bannable thing. Someone else claimed it was if you "don't commit to chases", and I'd love to see a clarification from staff, but eh.

• LordGlint
    Options

After half an hour goes by on those 3 gens without anyone getting hit more than once... ya gotta call it what it is. If someone is using it purely to stall rather than trying to down anyone... thats a problem.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Oh yeah, thats stupid. 100% agree. I would have said f it just do the gen way before that 😂

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,678
    Options

Probably the same reason his topic asking about a ban from April 2019 was deleted.

• Bovinity
    Options

It's "stupid", but it's a stalemate. Both sides are responsible.

The killer isn't any more obligated to go chasing someone away from the gens and give up the game than the survivors are obligated to rush in and get downed.

• ayaya
    ayaya Member Posts: 163
    Options

No it's just broken game mechanic. On pair with Noed. If your team ######### up then it's ggez noscope rank 1 stramer HD

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

If I three-gen a team hard, I am going to guard the gens until they make a mistake. It isn't malicious, it's waiting until I have an opening without giving up my gen advantage. There is no reality where you can mount a counterargument against this being a legitimate gameplay pursuit.

(Also, in my experience -- as both survivor and killer -- this kind of situation makes for some tense and exciting matches when multiple survivors are still alive. People act like it's a really negative situation, but that's not universally true.)

• LordGlint
    Options

Its a stalemate that's completely being controlled by the killer. I can absolutely expect the killer to try to down someone as opposed to expecting the survivor to just stand still so they can hurry up and die already. If the killer is doing ANYTHING to further the game such as breaking pallets and such in those short chases...thats one thing. If theyre just hitting someone and sending them on their merry way across the map to selfcare and come back for another single hit... they're no longer trying to win and just trying to stall.

• LordGlint
    Options

I'm not saying 3 gen is bad, I'm saying refusing to try to down ppl and acting only to stall the game is bad. If you refuse to step 5 feet away from your circle of gens... Theres no more game to be had.

• Bovinity
    Options

Its a stalemate that's completely being controlled by the survivors. I can absolutely expect the survivors to try to finish a gen as opposed to expecting the killer to just chase someone across the map so they can hurry up and lose already. If the survivor is doing ANYTHING to further the game such as tapping a gen or healing and such...thats one thing. If they're just waving at the killer and fleeing across the map...they're no longer trying to win and just trying to stall.

• Tiersis
    Options

They can report all day long, if you didn't do anything wrong, you aren't getting a ban.

Interesting fact, you CAN get a ban for repeatedly filing reports against players when they haven't broken any rules. I used to report every SWF group I encountered for cheating, use of third party programs. (This was well over a year ago).

I was politely informed by staff that further wasting of the support employees time would result in a vacation from the game, so I stopped and came here to the forums to advocate for change instead.

Anyways, you're good man. Just don't cheat or curse at people in endgame chat and you won't get banned.

• Tiersis
    Options

They can report all day long, if you didn't do anything wrong, you aren't getting a ban.

Interesting fact, you CAN get a ban for repeatedly filing reports against players when they haven't broken any rules. I used to report every SWF group I encountered for cheating, use of third party programs. (This was well over a year ago).

I was politely informed by staff that further wasting of the support employees time would result in a vacation from the game, so I stopped and came here to the forums to advocate for change instead.

Anyways, you're good man. Just don't cheat or curse at people in endgame chat and you won't get banned.

• LordGlint
    Options

Yeah...I'm not gonna feed a troll thats just gonna tweek my comment and spit it back at me to try to get a response. Have a good day.

• Bovinity
    Options
  • WokeNea
    WokeNea Member Posts: 34
    Options

Survivor mains be like " one gen, two gen, and boom were done because the killer was chasing everyone but we gen rushed him to death"