dc and DS can let survivors win

Options
2»

Comments

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options

if they were swf, they should both get the time penalty.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478
    Options

Dude, who tf uses Wake Up?! XD in fact, who uses any of Quintens perks. The only time anyone used Wake Up was when it was bugged and worked on everything. And I'm not sure what games you're getting but at all ranks. The only time some has escaped through gate after hatch close is if they're on opposite sides of the match which is fair.

Yes, the setup for that game was brutal bit he still got 2k, a disconnect and lots of points. The only reason he lost 1 was cause the other disconnected which sucks but that quit survivor gets nothing.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

The only Quinten perk I use is pharmacy. I farm green medkits and bring one of those to heal myself. That was before Inner Str got here. I still do it sometimes to give myself another perk.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited May 2020
    Options

I use wake up? angry pug uses wake up i mean what? Im also red ranks...?

Regardless its abusing a mechanic stop defending it.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

You can't ######### on hook if the killer just slugs for the 4k over and over. FYI all you killers who do this, I am rank 1 at killer and NEVER do this. You do not need to get a 4k to get rank 1. Quit dragging games out, you are boring.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    Options

Really wish survivors perk with obsession get nerf if you're non-obsession BUT buff if you're obsession

Both DS(+Unbreakable and/or Soul Guard) and OoO can really abuse if using 4 swf red team while solo are not. just sayin

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited May 2020
    Options

Actually wake up might be useful if you're playing with friend using voice call

Friend "I'm about to finish the last gen, go hide near the exit gate and open 99% fast after i'm done repairing while other buddy are chasing"

Wake up boi "mmmkay"

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options
  • ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options
  • elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569
    Options

Guys just stop you will get anywhere. Survivors are very selfish and entitled. They will shame you for trying to get a 4k but think they should always escape or at least have 20 chances to escape. Look how they are acting in this post telling you that you dont deserve the 4k you earned and shaming you for wanting it while defending an exploit to get an escape.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478
    Options

Fine enough. I just haven't seen anyone use any of the perks. Like Wake Up? Never had a game at all ranks where people use it. So it's apparently a 1 in a million thing I guess

• Vampire
    Vampire Member Posts: 90
    Options

so if a killer is having an unfun match its okay for them to dc?

• EvilJoshy
    edited May 2020
    Options

There was one patch that introduced a bug for wake up. This bug would apply the buff of wake up to EVERYTHING all the time. You healed faster, you repaired faster, you struggled faster, you vaulted windows faster. When people learned of this and combining it with other perks, they could literally solo repair a gen in like 20 seconds. Thankfully they patched that #########.

• EvilJoshy
    edited May 2020
    Options

I dont understand why people think DCing is a right. It's like in Mortal Kombat or street fighter. If someone is losing the fight and they pull the plug on their ethernet cable to avoid a loss. Even those people dont consider that a win. Why is it that only dbd thinks dcing counts as winning?

• lordtomato
    lordtomato Member Posts: 204
    Options

DS is just a perk not force killer not to tunnel, it is a good and balanced perk.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    Options

DCing for hatch is abuse of out-of-game mechanics for an in-game advantage.

Also note 9/10 cases of TACTICAL DISCONNECT, INCOMING!!!!! I encounter don't even have the third survivor slugged for a lengthy period of time. If I was slugging you repeatedly and looking across the map for a 90% of your bleedout bar, having you get healed just to slug you again for a prolonged period of time, I'd understand why someone would want to DC.

However, a OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of Tactical Disconnects I encounter happen like this:

Average time before the disconnect is about 10 seconds. If you can't be bothered to wait a minute, 2 minutes tops (At the very absolute max, 4 minutes before bleeding out) to the point you're going to forfeit all your points after a 10 minute match, you need self-control.

Or is there an ulterior motive? Could the disconnects NOT be because the survivor is upset they're slugged, but to give a gameplay advantage to their friend by instantly opening hatch?

Note mobile has bots which prevent survivors from abusing this, but mainline doesn't:

TL;DR Tactical Disconnect needs to go. If survivors DC they should just become bots or AFK husks (Bots without AI in Dying State) so if they do even attempt it, it won't have any outcome on the match.

Also I'd like to mention Dead By Daylight is the ONLY game I have ever played where leaving a match can be used to give your team a competitive advantage.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

I've had survivors DC to give the last one the hatch. You know what I like never do? Slug for the 4k. I down the third survivor, and before I can pick them up to hook them they DC to give their buddy the hatch. I'm standing over them waiting for the post-successful-hit-animation to finish so I can pick them up and they just DC. There's no justifying that.

It's so [BAD WORD]ing broken. Takes away points for hooking them, possibly a BBQ stack, and it just gifts the last survivor the hatch. #########, how is this still a thing.

It sucks that mobile game has bots while the main game doesn't. Those bot survivors look great, too, much better than the teammates I usually get.

• ShadowReaper11
    ShadowReaper11 Member Posts: 56
    Options
  • EvilJoshy
    edited June 2020
    Options

Pyramid Head from Silent Hill. The new killer coming in the next chapter. If he hits someone with his power they are under the effect of torment. When they are down, if under the affect of torment, he can push a button and send them to a cage across the map. This counts as hooking. He doesn't have to pick up a survivor to hook them if he hit them with his power. Basically he can completely ignore DS.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

I think it's just a matter of perspective. I honestly don't mind if a survivor d/c's to give the other survivor hatch because I still essentially win by getting a 3k. Sure, a 4k would be a nice cherry on top but the fact that the survivor had to resort to such a method and lose bps/a pip to get 1 person out is still a win for me.

It's the same as a killer facecamping me after I run them for for a number gens, allowing my teammates to get out. The fact that I outplayed them, got my teammates out, and made them resort to such a method is enough win for me.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

I can't wait for the Soul Guard complaints.

"I couldn't slug for my 4k because Soul Guard is OP."

• EvilJoshy
    Options

Face camping and dcing are not the same.

Both are dirty tactics but one can get you banned if you do it enough times. It ain't face camping :P

• ShadowReaper11
    ShadowReaper11 Member Posts: 56
    Options

thaks for that i have been watching a lot about that silly me

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

IMO should be a GIVE UP prompt when you have been slugged for 30s. Being slugged isn’t really at all fun for survivor.

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498
    Options

only tunnelers would think ds is op

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

And why we have to see their names?

Because they had DS? LOL.

Or because you slugged for the 4k and one guy Dc'd? This happens every day, every hour.

• elvangulley
    Options
  • elvangulley
    Options

Please don't try to deflect wether he had names or not dcing is still trash system abuse survivors do because they are selfish and entitled

• Monogatari
    Monogatari Member Posts: 9
    Options

I dont understand why people think DCing is a right too.Many people defended him .

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

It mystifies me how many survivors think their role is over because they have been slugged. No i agree it isn't 'fun', but you really don't have to lie there and 'take it'. In fact slugging can be just as punishable as camping if you're in the mood for not just lying there.

If im in a group slug on the few occasions i play with friends, we all crawl off in opposite directions. Killer can't follow us all and who knows which one of us might be picked up by player number 4 who's still up.

Killer leaves me out in the open and camps me....well i'm gonna take said killer for a walk, as far away from everyone else as possible. Killer then has a few choices. Follow me in the hopes im ratting out the very sensible team mates not coming to get me and allowing the killer to snowball. Just stand over me the entire time, thereby giving my team mates time to do things, or they worry about me getting away to a team mate, realise how much time their wasting following me, and hook me.

I'm not saying these are strategies you have to use, it might not be your cup of tea. But much like the good old 'i dont wanna waste time getting rid of totems' debate a while back, the choice of what you do is in your hands. It isn't the duty of either side to stop using a perk or strategy just because you don't want to deal with it.

Killer slugs me, killer is coming for a walk. Killer slugs me and tries to stealth hide near me, I'm going to crawl after you and make that very hard, especially as a ghost face.

I'd rather go for any of these over DCing because things didn't go my way, or vilify killers because they used a perfectly legitimate strategy. And yes i say legitimate. It doesn't matter if you, I or the queen doesn't like it, its allowed in the game until stated otherwise. Same goes for any legitmate perk or strategy used by survivors. Let me underline that this means the feature was intended for use this way. DCing for the hatch was never intended as gameplay strategy, no matter how many ways you want to paint it. If you DC outside of a real life need, even for tactical reasons, you're a sore looser. That's unfortunately the blunt truth coming from a mostly survivor main.

Make of it what you will.