Spirit is the strongest Killer

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I've only played Spirit twice and got a 3k and a 4k. I'm a Rank 1 Killer player.

I just slapped on Stridor, BBQ and Pop and was good to go. She doesn't really have any learning curve. If you're good with standard 115 Killers and looping, Spirit won't be anything new at all. It's basically mindgaming except the Killer has all the control and the Survivors are the ones guessing.

It's just crazy to me that Spirit is so strong, yet so unbelievably easy to pick up and play. Killers like Nurse and Billy I can't do anything with. But Spirit piece of cake. Survivors will literally give you free downs and hits if you stand still. It's easier to get hits with Spirit's power than Legion's Power and you can down Survivors and don't have a fatigue

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

It's the nature of her power, did you see her at release? She sucked, but after a few buffs, she became the best killer (weaker than Nurse at the time, now stronger cause Nurse is so buggy). Devs made her viable, and wont nerf her to be trash, since her being strong is actually somewhat healthy. She'll always be easy, and she'll always be strong, unless they make her as bad as she used to be.

That being said, she has her weaknesses, IW and Spine chill will counter her, even if she runs stridor.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Brain dead killer, although I i do enjoy playing as her

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

She is so good. Oh my god I also use those three perks on her. It's the best.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

Most of the Tier lists I see put her pretty high. I agree for the most part. I can't do anything with the Nurse but get angry.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Never rated Nurse anyways

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715
    edited May 2020

Firstly, bringing her yellow/green add-ons on clearly solo survivors is a total waste, save them for SWF and streamer parties.

Secondly, noticed how I said that you don't need strong add-ons against solo? That's because solo was usually bad but now it's just a pure nightmare. I hope you do realize that at the moment solo survivors are so bad that most red rank survivors actually belong to yellow ranks.

Thirdly, while I do agree that, on the one hand, her skillfloor is low because any casual player can pick her up and be good against other casual players, her overall skillcap, on the other hand, has much potential. You will change your opinion on her when you'll find survivors who are actually good at evading your attacks and rush these gens like there's no tomorrow. Yes, you may say it's pure gambling but you can say when you got just unlucky and when you clearly messed up. And, trust me, you will feel that some survivors will outplay you because you're actually bad as the Spirit.

Fourthly, Stridor is only good because it helps against survivors with Iron Will, which is a popular perk. Otherwise, it messes up with your calculations of distances for attacks, so it's something you need to use carefully. I don't like how people say that Stridor destroys any counterplay against Rin. It destroys your chances of simply getting away from her, but you chances of lasting longer in chases actually increase because:

A) If you have Iron Will, your sounds are still at reduced volume.

B) If you don't have Iron Will, most Spirits won't be able to down you immediately during phasing because it's unclear if you're far or close. (Your footsteps can be only heard when you're close to a killer. It's too risky to simply follow your moan noices to hear your footsteps because it's unclear if you're near or closed. So by the time you stop phasing, you may realize, that a survivor got far away but you heard them as if they were close.)

• I_Teabag_Gate
    I_Teabag_Gate Member Posts: 126

I almost never play a killer until I have the perks I want from them.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Yeah Killers are extremely dependent on Perks. I just kept leveling Spirit until Stridor 3 cause I knew it was imporant

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Spirit is a strong killer and more should be like her, if you want to argue she is boring or annoying then sure whatever, but this game needs more strong killers not less. If you think she is bs then don't play her, problem solved but some killers need to be able to at least pressure a good swf and not just get totally overrun by them. Spirit is fine, I find people who counter her all the time and I can do it myself just fine as well. I for one enjoy feeling like the killer is an unstoppable monster who is gonna kill me if I don't escape quickly.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Ah... You are aware that spirit is not a standard killer and requires a different skillset to play, right?

Don't get me wrong, I do not think that someone with a decent audio setup and Stridor has any real skill, but if you are playing spirit like a standard chaser then you are going to lose when you go against teams that don't give up upon hearing the whoosh.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited May 2020

You can level a character without playing them once, because of how the Bloodweb works. And her teachables are worth leveling her for.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

Different skillset == hit them, go vacuum and hit them again?

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Tbh it's pretty disheartening to commend the killer for slapping my team and all they have to respond is "Thanks, I haven't played this killer too much but they seem fun so far!"...I really want to like Spirit because she's a ghost killer and all but she literally takes the least amount of practice for the most reward in all of dbd(maybe tied with Freddy...). It probably has something to do with the nature of things feeling "deserved" and whatnot, but it just feels uncomfortable, and happens quite often. It feels like how a rank 1 killer would feel if they got slapped by a team of rank 12s.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Yep she doesn't have a high skill ceiling, but I find her ok balance-wise after the last nerfs. The only thing I would add would be a sign that she is charging her power from the survivor's POV, so that she needs at least to start charging and lose sight of the survivor for a little while before starting a mindgame. I find the stand-still-to-win tactics kinda lame.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

Yeah, I always hear people saying how hard she is to play and that justifies her power.

And that is true if you've never played killer before, or haven't discovered that you don't have to expend all of her power at once. Short phasing is incredibly strong and lets her have her power up in all situations. And tracking by sound is skill all killers will have to learn. Spirit is just able to do it while completely invisible and with very little meaningful warning. Why learn Nurse, when you can play Spirit and get the same results with lesser effort.

At the same time, I don't know what they could do to reign her back but not make her power impractical to use. As it is It kind of does a lot. It gives her incredibly powerful 1 v 1, while giving her the speed to 4 v 1. She just as quickly show up around survivors as she does down them.

And she has some of the strongest set of add ons.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Bubba disagrees with this.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336
    edited May 2020

Agreed. Stupid broken character. At least make her like Billy where if you have no experience, you can’t do #########. Playing spirit is playing the game in easy mode.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336

I found the last nerfs complettelly pointless and easily reversable. They did not fix the only proplem with her which is giving out zero feedback to survivors about what’s happening.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I think i'm the only persn that can't play spirit. I'm seriously bad with her.

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194
    edited May 2020

I commented the same, you don't need to know how to play ... I have come across spirits with 50 hours in the red rank, tell me why 😄

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152153/i-have-not-played-spirit-for-over-a-year#latest

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Addonless Bubba? Best killer in the game.

Speed limiter Bubba? Completely broken killer that survivors can do literally nothing about. Even with DS+Unbreakable you're not safe from the wrath of the speed limiter.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Exactly. Bubba likes this type of support.

Now he would like someone to send him a picture of him smiling (I know there's one out there I just can't find it).

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

In my opinion Nurse is still the strongest killer in the game, she's just a lot harder to play and the bugs don't make it any easier.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I'm not sure whether Nurse would be stronger if she wasn't bugged or not. I think she would be stronger anyways, but we'll never find out since fixing her seems to be low priority.

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194

Make the correct comparison.

Learning time vs. effectiveness wins the spirit.

The nurse with 200h dedicated only to her will not make you invincible.

The spirit with about 20 ~ 30 hours you are already god.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, like Trapper hits once, twice and downs. Or Huntress does 1 hatchet, another, and hooks. Or Billy just walks up and saws. Or Ghostface reveals and downs.

Please don't simplify an inherently complex killer. You remove stridor and amazing audio quality from the equation and suddenly it's not in any way easy. Maybe try it. The only times I have easy games as spirit is when the survivors give up or are genuinely terrible, and I don't see why I should count those matches.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited May 2020

i mean im gunna say the obvious but nurse is actually the strongest killer but only if you are a god with her. you can still get back to back blink hits with her so in terms of being able to down a survivor quickly without a insta down and without luck nurse is the best.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I played 2 Spirit games, everyone! She's the strongest killer in the game

• SpiritLover1133
    SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 214

it takes 100 hours as survivor to destroy 200 hour Nurse. Why didn’t you mention that? Or you just bias towards killers

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I agree, she is very unfun for me to play. She is very easy because all you need is subpar headphones.

• gofu
    gofu Member Posts: 133

The fact that you've only played her twice only proves furthermore you have no idea what you're talking about. Try going against an organized SWF or people who actually know how to counter her.

The thing about spirit is that most survivors cant be arsed to learn how to counter her and often panic because of her guessing game, they start running like maniacs and their scratch marks cause their demise.

Try stealth perks, a survivor who uses iron will and actually finds a good spot to hide is a pain in the arse for every killer, but specifically for her. Spirit killers WANT you to loop her and keep running around, but again, like nurse, since she completely breaks the looping meta survivors keep whining about how OP she is (until they learn how to counter).

• petneato
    petneato Member Posts: 6

Maybe easy for you but thats definatley not the case for everyone

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,179

There's a reason you only see Spirits getting kills in the highest levels of play. I've seen extremely high level Nurse players get 4 outed by good teams. Especially at basekit, Spirit>Nurse. People don't understand just how slow Nurse is at basekit, and that's coupled with the fact that she's incapable of downing a sentient survivor without her power.

Spirit will also play the same on pretty much every map. I could list problem areas on multiple maps for Nurse. It's that bad.

There's also the ping factor. Don't even bother trying to play Nurse at yellow ping or on a Saturday in general. Seriously, don't. Yesterday alone I lost my ability to second blink in multiple games and lost my ability to lunge after blinking a few times. I also discovered that if you are holding W during the blink, you'll snap back at the end of the blink. So to make sure you don't blink short, you have to let go of W, blink, and then press W just as you lunge. She needs SERIOUS work. It's so consistently frustrating to get outplayed by her bugs, and she's been this way for about 7 months now. Spirit only has to deal with the audio bugs that come up with every patch.

So yeah. Spirit>Nurse.