The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

REMOVE the build in Legit DC !

why is there an option in the game to DC in a Legal way????
instead of Quitting or Disconnecting you can just try to selfunhook and if it doesnt work just stop struggling , which is stupid button mashing anyways. TADA ! you successfully Quitted the game and no one can call it a LEAVE or DC because its an build in legit ingame option .

why even bothering punbishing Disconnecters / Quitters ( you probably dont bann them anyways but you knwo what i mean).

WHy cant you just remove the RND unhook attempt and make so the second hook stage is like the first one?? PROBLEM Solved.

Sadly this will never change. because its an awesome idea for everyone just to leave the game and hurting the team ! pretty good job so far.

Comments

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

Because giving your teammate a hatch via suicidingshould be bannable, yeah.

• ricecracker
    ricecracker Member Posts: 17

@SanKa_Games said:

who said something about making suicide bannable? jsut remove the option . and the other person can stay hidden until her teammate dies adn still getting the hatch? why should the hatch be for free? let them work at least a little bit for it when they couldnt make the gens.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    You realize they can also alt f4, right?
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It's there because, sometimes, real life gets in the way and you need to leave ASAP. Instead of getting reported for AFK, you simply disconnect, problem solved.

Anything else you'd like removed even though it makes perfect sense?

• ricecracker

@Orion im sorry but thats really stupid. saying its THERE because soemothing in real life might happen xD. if something important happens in real life you can JSUT LEAVE in a normal way by QUITTING ! And i really doubt that THATS the reason why its in the Game xD

@Vietfox you realize you can f4 in EVERY Game??? and that you would get pinished? but they Implemented a legit way to Dc dont you understant the difference?

can i somehow close this discussion so only Devs can read and reply? i really dont want to talk with Kids. its jsut a waste of time explaining the Obvious.

• Orion

@ricecracker said:
    @Orion im sorry but thats really stupid. saying its THERE because soemothing in real life might happen xD. if something important happens in real life you can JSUT LEAVE in a normal way by QUITTING ! And i really doubt that THATS the reason why its in the Game xD

The "Leave Match" button is the "normal way" to quit the game/disconnect from a trial. And yes, that's exactly what it's there for. There are thousands of people who play this game, and some of them do have emergencies in their lives from time to time that require them to leave the game mid-trial.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Vietfox you realize you can f4 in EVERY Game??? and that you would get pinished? but they Implemented a legit way to Dc dont you understant the difference?

can i somehow close this discussion so only Devs can read and reply? i really dont want to talk with Kids. its jsut a waste of time explaining the Obvious.

Looks like u got some serious issues, i'll take my leave.
  • HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

Leaving the match is different from a legit disconnect though, you loose two pips and all your stuff with the first option. The latter is often used by people to keep their items though.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Why would a kid not want to talk to other kids? 
  • Orion

@HookedonDemand said:
    Leaving the match is different from a legit disconnect though, you loose two pips and all your stuff with the first option. The latter is often used by people to keep their items though.

A legit disconnect occurs when you leave the match using the built-in "Leave match" option - that's what the option does.

• HookedonDemand

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

A legit disconnect occurs when you leave the match using the built-in "Leave match" option - that's what the option does.

I meant legit as in actually loosing the connection, wether by accident or by choice.

• Orion

@HookedonDemand said:

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

I meant legit as in actually loosing the connection, wether by accident or by choice.

Do you know what "legitimate" means?

• HookedonDemand

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

What exactly is your problem, just arguing for it's own sake ?

• ricecracker
    edited September 2018

Guy who cares about 2 PIPS if you have to leave the game for some Real life things????
    you cant tell me thats an good Arguement to implement a way that allows you to LEave the Game EVERYTIME without Punishment and Hurting all your Teammates !

in other games you get Punished for Leaving too much ! but here you can just do it every time thats the problem i have with it . and the stupid struggling button mashing even encourages people to leave that way.

• Orion

@HookedonDemand said:

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

What exactly is your problem, just arguing for it's own sake ?

No, I'm asking because a legitimate loss of connection is not done by choice, by definition. If you don't know certain terms and use them where they shouldn't be used, it makes it harder for everyone to understand what you mean.

• Orion

@ricecracker said:
    Guy who cares about 2 PIPS if you have to leave the game for some Real life things????
    you cant tell me thats an good Arguement to implement a way that allows you to LEave the Game EVERYTIME without Punishment and Hurting all your Teammates !

in other games you get Punished for Leaving too much ! but here you can just do it every time thats the problem i have with it . and the stupid struggling button mashing even encourages people to leave that way.

That's an argument for implementing a punishment for leaving the match. It's not an argument for removing a button that people need to use from time to time. This is like removing the ability to post comments just because there are a few spammers.

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

Also, why did you start 2 topics about same thing? And you shouldn't be rude to everyone here, if you want any respect here.
    Struggle phase is made to make you not like it, make you stay in the game, not just Alt+Tab while you're on the hook. It's intended to be able to kill you, because it gives a lot of strategies, including the one i mentioned earlier.
    Though, I agree that it's a bit annoying, and I recommend you to bind strugle to mouse wheel. But since you don't have a proper solution to this problem, both of your threads are just raging and nothing else.

• Orion

@SanKa_Games said:
    Also, why did you start 2 topics about same thing? And you shouldn't be rude to everyone here, if you want any respect here.
    Struggle phase is made to make you not like it, make you stay in the game, not just Alt+Tab while you're on the hook. It's intended to be able to kill you, because it gives a lot of strategies, including the one i mentioned earlier.
    Though, I agree that it's a bit annoying, and I recommend you to bind strugle to mouse wheel. But since you don't have a proper solution to this problem, both of your threads are just raging and nothing else.

It's a different subject, but the same premise - OP doesn't like something, so it must be removed and if you disagree you're a troll/stupid.

• HookedonDemand

@ricecracker said:

I think when people use the leave function too often they get banned for it, as it is often abused to de-rank and harass players with less skill.

• Orion

@HookedonDemand said:

@ricecracker said:

I think when people use the leave function too often they get banned for it, as it is often abused to de-rank and harass players with less skill.

Indeed, there is such an automated system, but it requires a very high percentage of disconnects, so it was really only useful when it was first implemented.

• HookedonDemand

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

@ricecracker said:

Indeed, there is such an automated system, but it requires a very high percentage of disconnects, so it was really only useful when it was first implemented.

I get why it sucks when people do it, every other match someone leaves (not sure by which method). Coupled with at least one unnecessary suicide on the hook, it really ruins the matches.

Some decent killers are nice when they see it, others mercilessly use it. I give props to killers who are nice about it.

• Orion

@HookedonDemand said:

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

@ricecracker said:

I get why it sucks when people do it, every other match someone leaves (not sure by which method). Coupled with at least one unnecessary suicide on the hook, it really ruins the matches.

Some decent killers are nice when they see it, others mercilessly use it. I give props to killers who are nice about it.

The Killers who are nice about it often get ######### on. I know I do, when I play Killer.

• HookedonDemand

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

@Orion said:

@HookedonDemand said:

@ricecracker said:

The Killers who are nice about it often get ######### on. I know I do, when I play Killer.

I always express my gratitude when I get the hatch or someone plays fair. Killers should love me, no DS or flashlights either and no teabagging.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@ricecracker said:

@SanKa_Games said:

who said something about making suicide bannable? jsut remove the option . and the other person can stay hidden until her teammate dies adn still getting the hatch? why should the hatch be for free? let them work at least a little bit for it when they couldnt make the gens.

The option should stay but they should punish for using it.