Petition to take away Pyramid Head's "Punishment of the damned"

Lutopian
Lutopian Member Posts: 4

I have been playing the open beta for about 3 weeks now, sadly it is gone but i want to give some feedback.

Pyramid head's ranged ability known as "Punishment of the damned" is completely out of balance. It makes common escape uses shuch as pallet and vaulting completely useless and actually bad. It can go through ANYTHING and has an unbelievable range therefore making chases unwinable for survivors. here is my ideas for balancing:

1. take it out completely
  2. tremendously lower the range
  3. make the charge up time much longer
  4. create some type of map deflection system for ranged attacks
  5. instead of having it take away a health state have it inflict major debuffs
  6. give a survivor(s) direct counters to this in the form of perks

Comments

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
  • IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

At first glance, I thought it was extremely OP. But after playing against it some, I've learned that it's perfectly fair and balanced. You have plenty of reaction time. Also, if you know how to mindgame and not be at all predictable, you can dodge it pretty well. Also, don't ever pallet camp.

Unlike the previously released killer, this one actually provides enough reaction time.

I say all this, and I'm a survivor main btw. But I do play killer (occasionally).

• M4rkay
    M4rkay Member Posts: 30

No, this post is unreliable and I don't like the idea of it. End...

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

As with all Killer powers you can learn to evade it. It's a decent power which works well as an anti-loop, and joins such Killers as Nurse, Spirit, Deathslinger and some others in able to counter some or all loops.

This attack isn't the strong one. The Torment trenches are the ones which will really cause survivors trouble if they're caught by it. Again, plenty of counterplay but if you fall for it, or are trapped by it my goodness you're going to have a bad time!