I escaped through hatch and depiped

Options

I legit gen rush cause ace had a key so we escaped together and this is what happened

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

How do you get 0 chaser? Was the killer AFK?

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Nah me and ace just genrushed and never got found, cause a daddy Dwight was running him around.

• toxik_survivor
    Options

Fantastic, this game has the best ranking system in the world

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thats why, you should have jumped in and taken a hit at some point. Your budy too. It would have given dwight some breathing room and you and your buddy could have healed each other for altruism

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,588
    Options

It works out, most of the time. Killer has more control tho, because they can decide if they want to get bad Emblems for killing too fast or if they want to take a step back. Survivors dont really have that much of a choice, if the Killer is only chasing one Person or that one person is exceptionally good, there is not much that can be done.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Getting the hatch is actually going to be the most common form of escape that allows you to depip. I don't know why you would even be surprised by that.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

Yeah, the game actively "punishes" you for doing too good. (I put that in quotes, because most people don't take rank too seriously)

It's kinda odd, but hey.

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 188
    Options

did you only do gens? If so then that’s probably why

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

This pip system is so busted.

Imagine forcing the killer to chase you, forcing the killer to hit someone, and getting unhooks.

The system is punishing you for doing your job as a survivor. It's so busted.

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156
    Options

The current ranking system is bad, but to be fair you literally didn't do anything skillful the entire match. You held M1 for a while and left. Even with the new MMR system, I would hope that just working on generators and leaving would result in no rank increase.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

I just got done stating that Killers should play to all of their objectives...

...the same applies to survivors.

Why should you PIP if you ignore 50% of your objectives? They are there to provide a balanced match. Be more cognoscente of your emblem progress next time.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    edited June 2020
    Options

You literally don't have to do anything to get the hatch. You can AFK in a locker half the game with left behind and a key, and get it. All you have to do is outlast the people actually attempting to progress the game.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Or maybe the killer shouldn't chase the same survivor for the entire match

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

If they care about body count or pipping, sure. If they don't who cares? In this day and age of terrible matchmaking, who's to say the killer wasn't a rank 20 with three minutes of playtime that didn't know any better?

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376
    Options

ranking is meant to be more holistic than just completing your objective. if I successfully walk a 5k I wouldn't expect the same gold metal as a track and field athlete skillfully bounding over hurdles. in order to showcase your skill you have to be challenged.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

I fail to see why blaming the killer for someone actively avoiding them to get gens done is productive. The killer almost certainly depipped as well, but that’s not why OP depipped.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,788
    edited June 2020
    Options

"legit gen rush"

That's why you depipped.

I have been amazed in my games as killer how many survivors are perfectly happy to never interact with me. I can't depip, but because of matchmaking, I'm getting greens, purples, and reds in my lobbies; you guys can definitely depip. If you gen rush the killer or play too immersed, your emblem scores will suffer. The emblems are designed to force each side to interact with the other. They don't necessarily grade you on whether or not you win but on whether or not you play well with others. That's BHVR's way of trying to discourage playstyles that are unfun for the opposing side.

I've depipped more than once when getting the hatch. Usually, my teammates got demolished and the killer gave me a pity hatch, and because of how much we got our asses stomped I still depipped. And that's fair. I don't deserve to pip or even safety pip in those situations: my side lost so bad that the killer felt sorry for me. That should probably be like a double depip, if anything. That's different than your scenario, but it's still relevant if we're just talking about depipping with hatch escapes.

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107
    Options

You literally described why you de-piped and act confused. You need to play the game. Just doing gens and escaping is only 2/4 of the game. That's why there are emblems to guide you.

1 - Gens

2 - Survive

3 - Help others

4 - Evade killer

you did only 2 of these 4 things and you are confused why you de-piped. You need to help your team, and get some killer chases and win them.

That's how the point system works...play the entire game or face the consequence. SImple as that really

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107
    Options

You literally described why you de-piped and act confused. You need to play the game. Just doing gens and escaping is only 2/4 of the game. That's why there are emblems to guide you.

1 - Gens

2 - Survive

3 - Help others

4 - Evade killer

you did only 2 of these 4 things and you are confused why you de-piped. You need to help your team, and get some killer chases and win them.

That's how the point system works...play the entire game or face the consequence. SImple as that really

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

I have the opposite problem, I keep pipping and ranking up. Somehow I reached Rank 1 survivor, I can put up a decent chase but I wouldn’t consider myself a pro survivor.

The ranking system needs a overhaul

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I want to know how the game ended? If the killer was chasing the dwight the whole game then why didn't youse finish the last gens and escape by the door.

So what happened to the other 2 survivors?

• Raulillo
    Raulillo Member Posts: 179
    Options

You can go for protection hits in this kind of scenarios. If you do not is not the killer fault.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

Because how well you do in a match doesn't depend on if you escape it depends on how many gens you do, how well you loop the killer and how much you help your team mates. A killer example would be "I face camped+tunneled every survivor then mori'd them off their first hook and depipped, why?"

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

If escaping/killing were the only measures of success you'd see even more blendettes with keys and left behind and spirits with ebony + noed. Nein danke

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I don't think the OP expects to pip when they don't interact with the killer. But if you pound out the gens and escape you shouldn't depip.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

If you run through every survivor with an ebony Mori you're guaranteed to depip. Kinda the same thing applies to hammering gens and escaping through the hatch. You're trying to play as little of the game as humanly possible so you get punished for it. A good system in theory but it definitely needs some tweaking for it to actually be taken seriously because right now it's a joke.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

And that shouldn't be a depip either. In both cases you achieved the main goal and should at least safety.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Yeah.

As a killer you need to ignore kills to prolonge chases in order to get your emblem points or be de-piped.

As a survivor you have to ignore gens and try to get chased/save teammates even if its detrimental to an escape or your own life just to get emblem points and pip.

While I personally don't care about pips I do understand the frustration as rank is the only system in the game and even if you feel you had a great match its a real bummer to see a depip/safety pip and "Entity Displeased" at endgame...

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

If a killer rushes the game with a mori they will 100% depip

If survivors rush the game with a key the same thing happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do wonder did that dwight that was chased all match got out? Probably not

You bassicly left half your team behind. Ofcourse the game will rank that badly

• toxik_survivor
    Options

Your objective is to do gens and I did 4 of them with ace!

• toxik_survivor
    Options
  • casonius
    casonius Member Posts: 29
    Options

sounds like you didnt really play the game.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,019
    Options

If your gonna cut the game short with a key, you can expect less emblem points

• toxik_survivor
    Options

I did help the team by doing gas everyone escaped but 1 person whole killed themselves on first hook

• toxik_survivor
    Options

Dwight escaped by door 1 person died on first hook and me and ace when put through hatch

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

The killer could have realized this survivor is good and chase someone else. The whole forum post could've been avoided if they did that.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,788
    Options

There are some killers who will keep chase with a survivor who's better than them in order to practice chasing and get better. If they care about kills, they'll ditch the chase, but if they're more interested in improving their skills then they'll keep at it in an attempt to learn new tactics.

Or if they're like me and they just like screwing around. I've chased a single survivor around a safe loop for five gens before just to see if they'll ever get bored and run away. Usually, they don't.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Yep, this is super-dumb. You should get an automatic safety pip for escaping, because it is the game's central objective for the survivor role. If you are ever in a situation where being killed would result in a -1 pip, but you escape, it should just always move the needle into black pip territory.

• Raulillo
    Raulillo Member Posts: 179
    Options

If the killer does not hit you, you can body block him to stop his chase and he will be forced to hit you. You will get awarded with audacity if you do this too.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

I one deppiped too on a match where the other 3 survivors instantly DCed after finding out it was a spirit, and hatch spawned on me