To whoever doesnt think gen time is a problem (Video)

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,502
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

3 gens still popped and he was applying pressure to 2 survivors and had corrupt intervention up. He didnt tunnel and still got ds'd and majorly outplayed the survivors multiple times but he loses because of gentime. He was even using enduring spirit fury. Some could argue ds was the reason for this because it slowed his momentum to a crawl when he got hit by it which mikey doesn't really have a lot of momentum compared to some killers anyway.

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,340

The guy got a 2k after allowing a survivor to get away for free. Personally when the DS guy unhooked in his face...I wouldve hit the freshly unhooked guy too. The guy either has to mend or gets slugged, either way is going to slow things down.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,764

Let's not forget the devs day that 2k 2e is their balancing mark- since 2 died and 2 escaped despite the fact he didn't camp or tunnel this is actually proving the game is balanced.

I love Ardetha, but this was not his best video to pick.

Hell I can post his PWYF Pig game and claim Pig needs a nerf; as we all know she doesn't.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Eating the DS was his mistake. A freshly unhooked survivor going for a trade is almost guaranteed to be a DS play so he should have seen it coming.

This seemed like a fairly balanced match to me overall. The survivors played decently and so did he. He got 2 kills and probably could have got more if he’d slugged a bit more. But there’s way too much editing in the video to say much else, and especially to comment on whether the gens were too fast or not.

• xenotimebong

I said they played decently. That isn’t high praise, it’s a step above saying they were bad.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,241

Minor point of order: Corrupt Intervention is probably the most overrated perk in the game. I've done gens without even realizing a killer had Corrupt. I've had survivors spawn on the opposite end of the map from Corrupt. It makes survivors do what they should be doing anyway: push mid gens early.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2020

That still begs the question, what did they do that matched Ardetha's plays? If the trial ended up as a 2k, that means the survivors must've matched the killer blow for blow.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

That did seem pretty fast, but on the other hand it came out to a "tie", so I'm not sure if I see a big issue here.

Editing makes it hard to see who really did what. Just standard play all around as best I can tell.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited June 2020

The trial ended in a 2k because Ardetha didn't slug even when he had the opportunity to. He easily could have gotten a 3 or 4k. He played chases well, but he virtually gave them 2 escapes.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I'm not interested in the mistakes Ardetha made, I'm asking what the survivors did that matched the things he did right.

• BumBumOReily
    BumBumOReily Member Posts: 19

there just needs to be something at the early game. those survivors dropped like flies but because they held m1 real good they still got 2 out

i agree 2k 2e is a good spot for balance but the survs should actually have to play well to get that

• deadbyhitbox
    edited June 2020

They did gens efficiently. That's the most effective thing you can do when you're outside of chase to combat a killer. That's what they excelled in and did right, but at the end of the day, what Ardetha did wrong is what allowed them to escape.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

it was a tie but gen still go to fast.

• deadbyhitbox
    edited June 2020

That's what you have to do to counter every killer as a team. Hold M1 and progress your objective. Matches like these usually come down to a matter of how fatal will the mistakes of the killer be throughout the course of the match, and as I said before, he made 2 that cost him the game.

• deadbyhitbox
    edited June 2020

They tied only because Ardetha allowed them to by playing far too nice. He chose to eat a DS rather than slugging and pulling another survivor or two off of a gen. Hell, watching the video makes me think had he of not hesitated, he could have easily just ran behind the Ace, lunged, and downed him. The Dwight wouldn't have even been unhooked and Ace would have been down. This alone could have won him the game. He also chose to not slug the Nea and pressure the gate when he was close to it. He cut the video, so for all we know maybe he traversed the map poorly. 2 huge errors that very likely would have left him with at least a 3k. It's not surprising that the survivors took advantage of this.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

Gen speeds are but also are not a problem. I don't really care too much about losing 1-2 gens that quickly. Once there are less gens in the game it becomes easier for downs and hooks due to them having more dead zones.

That being said, killers do have an array to slow down gen progression with perks or slugging. What you seem to miss in the video is the only "gen slow down" perk he had was corrupt intervention. Ardetha very rarely uses anti gen perks because he would do a lot of competitive games where the killers couldn't use slow down perks. If you're not going to use a slow down perk on most M1 killers then be prepared to get 1-2 kills in a match in red ranks

• xenotimebong

“Matching the killer blow for blow” - I’m not even sure what this is supposed to mean in a game like this.

I’m not interested in doing a frame-by frame analysis of the video or in getting into a prolonged back and forth with you, especially since, as I said, the video is so heavily edited. If you disagree with me that’s fine.

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153

He never went nowhere near the two gens that popped in the beginning though.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

It's easy to cherry-pick videos like this to support a specific narrative. This guy made some mistakes that cost him. And, this type of game, where all the gens pop that fast, is absolutely not the norm.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited June 2020

First "90 seconds" if you don't count the cuts he made. Also second time he pops tier 3, he pops it on an injured Nea instead of a healthy survivor. As stated by others, he didn't go near the gens that popped, so it's no wonder all they had to do was hold M1. What are they supposed to do, run into him and get him to chase them instead of doing their objective? I mean I don't know him that well, but I'm guessing he's a pretty good killer. And that's why he was able to get a 2K against presumably red rank players while still making mistakes, and having a perk loadout that got minimal benefit. But let's not act like he played flawlessly here.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

I dunno, I don't have this issue when I play pig, but then again....I'm playing pig. When I play some other killer who doesn't have innate slow down, or is running full gen slow perks its a wrap...game is over before it even started.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Yes his build wasn't very good. SF/Enduring is outdated, especially because they reduced the pallet count. PYWF/Nemesis is better.

That said gen speeds are a bit ridiculous. I'm hoping we get to see this "early game warm up" mechanic sooner rather than later. Against a good SWF you have no chance to get pressure when 3 gens pop your first chase. This coming from a survivor main.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I'm really hoping that it's some kind of secondary objective, like finding gas to fill the gens with, to spice up the gameplay a little.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

The last thing that would improve the game is a secondary required objective that makes survivors wander the map aimlessly. It would basically be like requiring them to break multiple totems to get anywhere.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I think it depends on how it's implemented. Maybe maps could show some of there locations or there's a good amount of them on the map so it wouldn't take long to find them. Just throwing out an example idea.

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 254

Running less than ideal perks, which ok fair enough. Run what you want to run, but he should’ve taken advantage of the 3 gens in close proximity.

He [Bad word} applying pressure to the 4th.

Keeping 3 gens locked down as Myers he would’ve 4k’d.

Imo

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I'm not going to disagree that the match was quick. However, the dude secured a legit 2k (balance)...and let someone go (which was nice considering the off-hook situation)...meaning he could have probably gotten a 3k despite the gen rush. This just doesn't seem like its proving the point you'd like to make.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So where exactly is the problem here?

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Except it's not balanced, because at least half of that team pipped, and killer did not. Survivors won that match.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Killer makes 2 mistakes and it cost them the game, survivors make 10 and it doesn't. That's a problem. Matches usually come down to how much the survivors hold M1 and if they are bad in chases or not. Killers can't afford to make any mistakes while survivors can make plenty and be fine. Gen times go too fast making 1 mistake or 1 DS cost the killer waaay too much. Not in any way balanced in its current state.

At the end, all 3 gens were 99%, nothing he could really do about it, especially with the horrendous regression speed killers have, not to mention survivors stop regression in 1 frame while killers take 2 seconds to start it.

You can't pressure/chase 3 survivors at once. Then we got DS saying "yeah go for that save right in front of the killer, and get rewarded". That perk needs changes again.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
  • LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I'm gonna screenshot this, just to remember it in the future as we're arguing. 💗

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

It's always sorta hard to gauge for me. As survivor it sure doesn't seem fast,as killer it feels like they go flying. I've also got many 4k's with only one gen left standing,and yesterday I got a 3k with the doors about to be open. There's too many factors. Quality of survivors being the main one. Then you have items and add ons. Map,perks,that particular killer. Some killers are way better at applying pressure,imo. Some can cover a lot of ground way quicker,like Freddy,Spirit,Oni,etc. I feel like maybe they could be just a few seconds slower,but that makes it worse for survivors,and I'm not a developer,lol. I just had a match where I sacrificed myself because my team couldn't get the last gen on with Oni.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,764

I've got ruthless in games I thought I'd depipped in before so, again, how are you 100% sure? Find a screenshot and I'll eat my words.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Not the grandest display i'd say.

No one can play 100% perfectly 100% of the time.

That's just facts.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

7 minute match means silver gatekeeper. Two deaths equals silver devout. Likely gold malicious and silver chaser. You need at least one iridescent to pip at red ranks, then the others at gold. He got brutal.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

True, but it's undirected a slowdown perk aswell since you have more control over the avaliable gens and can pressure away survivors easier.