The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hold to Struggle should be an Accessibility option

I’m disabled. I literally cannot struggle mashing x with my right thumb, because my thumb is not dexterous enough. 

I feel like if there was an option to just hold the struggle button, it would be much easier both on players and controllers/keyboards. 

I know it’s supposed to be stressful to struggle, but maybe instead of taking it out on an innocent button the “stress” of the situation would be better solved with blinding auras for the hooked survivor and locking the camera on them. 

Comments

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    just change the struggle button to something else
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    pemberley said:
    I’m disabled. I literally cannot struggle mashing x with my right thumb, because my thumb is not dexterous enough. 

I feel like if there was an option to just hold the struggle button, it would be much easier both on players and controllers/keyboards. 

I know it’s supposed to be stressful to struggle, but maybe instead of taking it out on an innocent button the “stress” of the situation would be better solved with blinding auras for the hooked survivor and locking the camera on them. 
    I said this multiple times, replace the struggle action with skill checks and then you don't have to worry about put a lot of stress on your keyboard!
  • Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

You can change keybinds.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    pemberley said:

X on PS4? You also dont have be super fast, a slow constant rhythm will work. 

Although i agree, it serves no purpose except wearing out the button faster.
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited September 2018
    I just set "hold to turbo" A button to my ps4 controller's touchpad in Steam and it works wonderfully. Carpal Tunnel. I should not be mashing any buttons. Used to love button mashing when i was younger but I just can't do it anymore or it will make my hands worse.
  • Circlesho
    Circlesho Member Posts: 22

My least favorite thing about this game as survivor is the button mashing to struggle and to escape killers grasp. Just what is the point besides to wear out the keys and bore the surv? Just annoying af

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

@Mrbombastic said:
    Devs dont care enough about disabled people all they care about is money

They don't care enough about the players in general, medical problems or not, they just want your money!
    Really they don't, there have been lots of posts with various medical issues, including a post from me about it, not even a single response from a dev, even one was tagged several times, no response at all!