Just dodged a game

podkall
podkall Member Posts: 109

I'm not going to just sit and accept the fact that killer in rank13/12 is tunneling me and instead of slowing the game down and stopping survivors from doing objectives instead running back to hook only to tunnel me it's a second game already with killer playing like loser while not being punished because it's too low rank to realise for anyone that the killer is camping and objectives should be more agressively done.

It's harsh playing survivor optimaly can still matter ######### if you get tunneled resulting in de pip, while playing killer optimaly results at least reaching zone where you can't derank in emblems......

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

I'm with @Orion here.

If you really hate playing against lower ranks that camp and tunnel, then play with a playstyle against them. The only way you can teach low ranks that it doesn't work is by showing them.

• myersismydaddy
    myersismydaddy Member Posts: 232

You can't teach them a damn thing, because you have no idea what your team is doing in the mean time. Tunneling and camping teaches new killers that it is effective simply because the ranking system is so awful that you have people with 100h in the red ranks.

• podkall
    podkall Member Posts: 109

The problem is everyone is dying to him because they try to save the guy on hook tho. Which is also really tricky if you consider that first time each game you think "this one won't camp"

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    edited June 2020

Tunneling is actually the most effective strategy if done right. Most tunnelers do it wrong by only running after 1 guy and effectively ignoring the rest but if you focus on killing 1 person without giving up pressure by not hitting other survivors, not hooking others etc when you have the chance etc then tunneling is very effective since a 3 survivor match is way easier to handle.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Low rank Killers play like that. If you rank up, you will see that this way of playing is way less prominent, because Killers have usually more trust in their own abilities.

Sure, even at Rank 1 there is this standard tunneling guy, because sadly it is still the best strategy, but most of the time you will have quite good matches (which does not mean that you will win, but that you will have more fun).

In low Ranks... Eh. Survivors run around like headless chickens, Killers camp and tunnel a lot... Usual gameplay tbh.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569
    edited June 2020

Can someone please tell me why survivors expect free safe unhooks? If a killer doesn't find any survivors after making a patrol they are going back to the hook and if they see someone running to unhook guess what they are going to the hook. Do you really think that killers should go hide in a coner and what for you to be unhooked healed and for you to jump on a gen before they can play again? Your not entitled to safe unhooks.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Yeah but thats not tunneling. Thats targeting and is very different. If youre hooking other people in between hooks of your target its not tunneling. Tunneling is when you chase the same person through all 3 hooks, rest of the game be damned. Its short for tunnel vision.

Juggeling is where you bounce back and forth between 2 targeted people so theyre both out of the game early 😊

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

The fact that people are still complaining about the same things gives me hope that this game will never change.

Oh DbD, you're a pillar aren't you?

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

There is a very easy way to "punish" someone who is tunneling. Don't get caught so quickly. Just had a game last night against a ghostface. I was first one chased, 2 gens got done I get hooked. He is proxy camping. Get saved and he comes right back at me. The last 3 gens get done and I get downed and hooked. Camping again, get saved and run through the exit gates. This killer got 2 hooks all game because he decided to tunnel. And seeing how being chased is the one and only fun thing about playing survivor I didn't mind being tunneled.