The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

3 worst perks

HealsBadMan
HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

"Fun" little thread, just something to talk about- what three perks on Killer and Survivor do you consider 'useless' and in need of a buff?

Killer:

Monstrous Shrine- Easily. Basement hooks only, slightly increased progression and penalties for sacrifice- with the exception of a Rift Challenge, I've never used this perk.

Mindbreaker- At Tier 3, a 3 second Exhaustion timer when on a gen below 50%. How do you get value out of this, except maybe in the early game when gens are just now being worked on?

Beast Of Prey- Bloodlust grants Undetectable. The only use I see for this is maybe mindgames indoors or at a jungle gym, but even then its nothing compared to I'm All Ears or Stridor.

Survivor:

Slippery Meat- Unless you're going against Trapper, in which case it can help more, all you get is 3 extra attempts to unhook yourself. Extremely niche w/o other perks to help Luck. (Even then, just bring Deliverance for self-unhook).

Wake Up!- See Exit Gates mapwide, show other survivors where they are when opening, and open them slightly faster. This only helps if your team isnt paying attention at all.

Lucky Break- Debatable, but not bleeding for a total of 2-3 minutes isn't that strong imo. It can help on brighter maps, or counter perks like Sloppy Butcher or Bloodhound, but you can still see scratch marks and hear an injured survivor.

Comments

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Predator is actually worse than any of those 3 killer perks you mentioned. The tighter spawning of scratch marks will frequently prevent them from splashing up onto walls/trees, which means you won't be seeing those scratch marks from 20m or more away and if the grass decides to eat the scratch marks like it frequently does... you're just out of luck. The perk actually makes it harder to track via scratch marks. You'd be better off with an empty slot.

Furtive Chase is also incredibly bad. The effect it gives is not useful, the effect can go away if you aren't careful, and the one potentially useful thing it does (swapping Obsession) is done far better by Nemesis.

Cruel Limits also is in the running. This perk just has so many different things that need to be true for this perk to actually matter. The killer needs to be close(ish) to the gen that pops. The gen needs to have windows by it. The survivors need to be planning on actually using those windows to get away and not using a pallet or something instead. And what do you get for all this? Like... 1 hit. Woo?

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I think the perks that the new Silent Hill survivor (Cheryl?) has are pretty bad. I can't remember the name of it, but one perk has you calling upon the entity to lock down a generator that you've been working on for 60 seconds or more. It prevents any hex totems from affecting it or the killer from kicking it which is nice, but it also prevents any other members of your team from working on it. So if the killer sees you and you engage in a chase, other members of your team can't run up to the gen and finish it.

Her blood pact perk also seems kind of useless since it allows you to see the obsession when they're hurt. But if you want to see people that are injured you might as well just run empathy which seems far better.

I haven't played her yet so I can't really pass judgment, but from a strictly first impression point of view it doesn't seem all that great.

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498

survivor:no one left behind,sole survivor and left behind

killer:monstourous shrine,forced penance,corrupt intervention

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Well, Object Of Obsession is my overall most disliked perk. But it can benefit some of the swines who use it.

Useless or inefficient perks?:

Survivor:

-Up The Ante

-Slippery Meat

-No Mither

Killer:

-Monsterous Shrine

-Predator

-Terriorial Imperative

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

Hey, hey, hey, leave my ghostface and his beast of prey out of this! I like my extra chase points and stealth...

Anyways, why is furtive not up there when Beast Of Prey is already 2x better

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Lucky Break: Honestly who even tracks by blood nowadays? Unless you’re running bloodhound blood is too much of a hassle to look for on most maps.

Babysitter: Why run this when you have Borrowed Time? If the no scratch marks + blood lasted like 20s then this perk might be worth using.

Calm Spirit: Offers no help. Keeps you hidden from Doctor and Perks that make you scream but that’s about it. The crows isn’t really a meaningful bonus either. There’s a lot better stealth perks to be using than this. Example: Urban Evasion keeps your profile low + you don’t alert crows when crouched.

An honourable mention would be Buckle Up.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,593

@Customapple0

"Honestly who even tracks by blood nowadays?"

Every komptent killer, maybe? How can you imply tracking blood is irrelevant, when thats often the only thing you can notice with stealthy players (running Spine CHill, Urban, Iron Will etc.). Or when it actually helps you keep track of an injured survivor in maps with bad visibilty, aka Corn Maps?

The fact that Lucky Break is so seldomly used is actually a reason for you to mind the blood trails.

"Calm Spirit: Offers no help"

For real, no help? It allows you to play much more boldly against Doctor and Clown, and protects you against Infectious Fright. That last one is actually a great threat with some killers, be it Nurse, Oni, Myers EW3. Yes it's situational, but far from useless. It clearly outshines other underwhelming survivor perks like Cameraderie, Sole Survivor, Slippery Meat, Up the Ante.

• BIIDOX
    BIIDOX Member Posts: 15

Mindbreaker is bad? What rank are you? It is use to hold on the exhaustion effect on surs as long as they stay on gens. Pair it with blood echo and you never face with DH. Each perk has it own usage as long as you know how to combo perks and add ons.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Up the Ante can actually be REALLY good if you run it in a kobe build (without deliverance).

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Survivor: Small game is very situational for trap killers. Finding totems isn't much of a priority anymore, detectives hunch is better for that.