Why cant killers send messages to survivors?

Icery
Icery Member Posts: 199

I know, not everything but just some fast chat buttons that says:

-Ready up!

-Good luck!

or something else.

Comments

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909

A perfectly innocent message can easily be thought of as a problem - for example spamming "Good luck" could become a new "toxic" thing. Other games with pre-determined "chat" messages have this problem. So then it becomes a matter of going into a game potentially annoyed, or dodging "because the killer used the chat". The best you can do now is just ready/unready quickly if you really want to signal someone to ready up.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

Ooooh, we should all learn morse code so survivors and killers can talk to each other via the "ready up" UI.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I often start rapid firing the "ready up" button when that 1 survivor in the lobby decides its best to make their build during the countdown, or is still AFK while everyone else is ready.

Typically it turns into 3 people all spamming the button and either the match goes as normal once it starts or everyone finds the AFK player and messes with them.

• myersismydaddy
    myersismydaddy Member Posts: 232

That's why you could limit the message to once per 30s to prevent spamming.

I still don't want to see this function, though. Regardless if it is for the survivors or the killer to see. Let's say a killer uses the "Ready up" one, and that one survivor is like "Nah mate, not gonna do it now just to spite you." It's just not worth the potential toxicity that would manifest itself in the trial once it is played out, or in the post-game chat.

What I suggest is that the time limit to ready up drops down to 45s or even less. You are not switching your builds that often, and equipping fresh items/addons/offerings is not time-consuming enough to justify the one minute mark.