"Toxic" Cosmetics

Options

Hello,
are some Cosmetics considered "Toxic"?
Some stand out like a sore thumb, but are there some that have a bit of a bullseye on them as the clothing of a trouble maker?
If you were trying to remain "one of the herd", which items of clothing do you avoid?

I'm starting to realise that my Leopard print Ace and Rowdy Boy David, may not have been the best choice (although they are smart!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    There’s no such thing as “toxic” clothes but there is a such thing as bad fashion statements 
  • Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187
    Options

@Vankruze said:
    No such thing as toxic clothes. Honestly people throw that word around way too much much in dbd.

Yyyup, for months I was a notoriously bad at the whole looping thing and the first time I actually knew one and used it? Yup, Killer called me toxic afterwards.

It's an overused term these days so it's going to be meaningless soon enough.

(i was still proud of myself for finally getting it, I was a happy Plippy afterwards)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

There are toxic people who swarm to specific outfits, but the outfits themselves are not toxic, that's just silly and nobody says that.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130
    Options

There are no toxic cosmetics, but some of them make you stand out more so a killer might target you because you are easier to see. I had a meg in white tracksuit bottoms call me a tunneler because I didn't see the Jake wearing a dark green jacket hiding in the grass.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

There's no such thing as toxic clothing. Toxic [bad word] - yes

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Only thing that's toxic is players bot there clothing heck I once had a entire map yes a entire map a dark one and all four of a swf team was p3 Claudette's still kicked there asses was just harder
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    @Supernaut

Honestly, you shouldn't be worried about toxic clothes. It all comes down to the person wearing them.

For example, I have seen most toxic Fengs wearing the red new year's shirt or the facemask set. This being said, not every single Feng wearing these clothes are bad.

I have seen plenty of toxic P3 Claudettes, but I have also seen plenty of helpful ones too. 

The only real cosmetic with a genuine toxic reputation is the Death Garden mask. Aside from AngryPug and his fans ruining it, you have to remember that two of the three Runner roles in DG are essentially just "bully the Hunter". So those folks are usually malicious, aside from them it's all relative.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Supernaut said:
    Hello,
    Some stand out like a sore thumb, but are there some that have a bit of a bullseye on them as the clothing of a trouble maker?
    If you were trying to remain "one of the herd", which items of clothing do you avoid?

I'm starting to realise that my Leopard print Ace and Rowdy Boy David, may not have been the best choice (although they are smart!)

Thanks!

If someone wants to wear a target on their back great, that's one less person I need to search for and most likely they are over altruistic allowing me to slow the game down with gens.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

I don't know why but a lot of Claudettes wear the green shirt and p2 pants. Why do they do this?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Its ridiculous, wear what you want. Cosmetics arent toxic, thats as dumb as saying guns kill people.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

@Salty_Pearl said:
    I don't know why but a lot of Claudettes wear the green shirt and p2 pants. Why do they do this?

To look like Luigi.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462
    Options

@Supernaut said:
    Hello,

Thanks!

I'm just gonna put it to you this way.

You aren't targeted because your toxic but because you are easy to see.

• Orion
    Options

@Vankruze said:
    I can just imagine a killer saying "Your outfit is toxic" LOL

I can imagine "Yes, Minister" is having a remake, doesn't make it true.

• Orion
    Options

@Vankruze said:

@Orion said:

@Vankruze said:
    I can just imagine a killer saying "Your outfit is toxic" LOL

I can imagine "Yes, Minister" is having a remake, doesn't make it true.

Who said it was true?

You certainly implied it was. Why mention it at all if it wasn't to make the point that Killers complain about outfits?

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Options
    Isn't there a shirt with a literal target on it? Cuz if I'm playing huntress you can bet your ass I'm gonna see how many times I can hit it! 
  • NoOne
    NoOne Member Posts: 42
    Options

@Oblitiry said:
    Isn't there a shirt with a literal target on it? Cuz if I'm playing huntress you can bet your ass I'm gonna see how many times I can hit it! 

Why not using Fengs Lazer Bear on her back? :P It's kinda round too.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited September 2018
    Options

Only outfit that can be considered even remotely Toxic is Meg's Pug t-shirt. And even then, most of us are going to scoff at you for being a wannabe and kill you anyway.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

I honestly never heard the term "toxic" when it came to people being stupid and mean in a video game until this one.

"toxic" to me will always come from DbD.

And yes people throw that word around very loosely.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531
    Options

@SenzuDuck said:
    Anything is toxic to some killers - don't worry about it.

Played the game a lot and have legacy? Toxic.
    Wearing bright clothing? Toxic.
    Doing generators? Toxic.

Just play how you want my guy.

Playing as laurie = TOXIC