Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Doctor is annoying and so strong

Xavier22
Xavier22 Member Posts: 160

Why is it that doctor can do the things that he can do. I literally just played in a match where he shocked every 2 seconds so all I heard was screaming and it was HEAVILY annoying. Furthermore more my whole screen shocks and my FPS go BOOM! Also in the same game, he had NOED and the survivor was hooked right next to it so I'm on the totem and I was literally 1 second away from cleansing it but then he randomly shocked just to see if anyone was there and it stopped me from finishing the totem. After that I tried to vault but since Doctor is ANTI EVERYTHING there was literally NOTHING I could have done. I think stuff needs to be done with him because if I can't do gens, heal, vault, dead hard, do totems, throw down pallets, or stay hidden and for that matter I can't loop him...WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!!! I don't know but I think the fact that he takes away literally EVERYTHING a survivor can do is PRETTY DUMB and he got a 3K off of that. Just MY OPINION so don't come at me in the comments and please don't be an a hole...I respect everyone's opinion and I like to have a CHAT instead if an ARGUMENT. Thank you.

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

You're not the only one to find Doctor annoying, but that goes for many killers in this game. It's normal to have certain killers you dislike.

When it comes to balancing though, I personally think the Doctor is one of the most balanced killers in the game right now. His shock is strong but between these shocks you can indeed use pallets and vaults against him, but of course against a good Doc this will become very challenging. Just please keep in mind that killers need the ability to potentially down survivors very fast to keep up with the fast gen speed. Especially a killer like Doc who doesn't have a lot of map pressure, since he can't traverse the map particularly fast. Which is exactly his big weakness and what makes his great chase and detection potential balanced in my opinion.

However I wouldn't mind at all if BHVR took another look at Doc to try and make him less annoying for some people. I just don't think he needs any nerf, at least none significant one. He has a lot going for his base kit, but none of that is too oppressive and instead combined just makes him an actual viable killer, not an overpowered one in my opinion.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

You can always suicide on hook. Problem solved.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Freddy is more annoying.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited June 2020

Doctor is fine in my opinion. The NOED could have been prevented by cleansing all the totems, which I usually do on my own while playing solo. You can definitely loop a doctor, as his shocks don’t slow you down. He does not negate pallets if you just drop it immediately instead of getting greedy and trying to stun. It’s very easy to counter doctor. Except for detection, but considering you can just not be in his terror radius, I also consider it counterable. Also another counter to doctor is just to run well and not try to hide in his radius. Look behind you and don’t try to vault when he’s going to shock. Or just dodge his shock which is very easy to dodge if you’re looking behind you while in chase.

I understand your frustration but he honestly doesn’t need a nerf.

• Xavier22

I feel like you shouldn't be able to spam the shock and that you should at least be able to use your item and do the essentials while your shocked. I don't mind not being able to vault or drop pallets because that is just part of Docs power but not being able to cleanse a damn totem is pretty stupid. I respect your opinion though and I understand what you mean. Thx for the response ❤️

• Xavier22

He's not IMO. I think he's very strong but I would rather hear la la la than hear screaming and having the effects on my screen every 2 seconds. I respect your opinion and thanks for the response though❤️❤️

• Xavier22

I don't hide ever but I was just saying that for the people who do. And your making it sound easier than it is. I have about 1000 hours in the game (probably more tbh) as I am a streamer and I vs doctors at least 5 times a day. If a doctor is just spamming his shock then you have to be in the perfect spot to throw down the pallet and if you do throw down the pallet then he can just spam shock again and make it so that you can never vault and by that time he has bloodlust so he'll catch up easily. And if your gonna say that the survivors can just do gens while ur getting chased that whole time well then you don't understand solo queue😂. And I couldn't do the totems that game because I was getting chased the whole time and when I wasn't being chased I had to gen rush bc my teammates were TERRIBLE. I do understand what your saying though and I respect your opinion and thx for the response ❤️😊

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

He's strong, correct, but not too strong; and only in the right hands. Timing is everything with Doc.

Imagine caring about pips (or thinking survivor rank means a damn thing) in 2020.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

He slows down when he's charging his shock. If he's spamming it, he's losing the chase.

If he's defending the totem, just leave or someone save the person on hook.

Why are you trying to vault after he's shocked you? Loop him. Run to a different window/pallet. Also you can dodge his shock. Bait him to charge the shock, if he shocks you loop him around because he's already lost distance charging his shock, don't stick around spamming your key to try to drop a pallet or vault a window when you can't.

Play Doc at high ranks and you'll find that Doc has a really tough time against any competent survivor.

• Xavier22

It was a joke that's why I put the laughing emoji...see 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I have 1000 hours and I've seen enough terrible rank 1's to know rank don't mean #########😂

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

One thing I find with Doctor is, while his whole purpose is to inflict a mad state of mind on his victims, there is really too much going on in his matches. It can be irritating.

• Frankie

1000 hours, and complaining about Doctor.

Dude, dodge his electroshock. It literally goes in a straight line.

• Xavier22

I'm a rank 1. I was doing the NOED totem. I couldn't go to a different loop bc there was nothing. The only correct thing u said is why am I trying to vault after I got shocked and I will admit I completely forgot that I got shocked😂. I can't dodge the attack if I'm doing a totem. And if I dodge the shock that means I'm not going in a straight line and as everyone knows straight lines are the fastest route to somewhere so if I dodged the attack that means I am losing distance and he catches up quicker. And if he has bloodlust then he catches up even if he spams shock. I never stay at the pallet and spam the button trying to drop the pallet bc ik it doesn't work. Trust me, ik. I watch every good streamer and I've been playing for 1000 hours and I understand what ur saying but no. Thx for the response.❤️

• Xavier22

Thx for the response and I appreciate it.❤️❤️

• Frankie
    edited June 2020

You continue to talk about rank as if it's a measurement of skill. It isn't.

You know what a good measurement of skill is? Not getting hit by NOED by not letting it activate. Treat it like killers treat DS. Assume it is always there.

I'm not being one. If you read the discussion, there's only one person here calling people names. What does that make you? All this thread is telling people is that you can't loop a Doc, because the "running around a pallet" technique that rank 20's can do doesn't work on him; and rather than learn, you would just assume complain and infer that he needs a nerf, when really, this is one of those times when the words "git gud" are surprisingly relevant.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

Isn't that just a ######### situation that you'll have a tough time with against most any killer. lol imagine if clown just kept chucking bottles at you while u tried to get that totem.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

He's a good killer but not too good. Boring to go against and boring to play, but all killers can't be fun. He is different that is all.

• Xavier22

Does clown stop you from doing totems? Asking because I don't get clowns much not because ur wrong or anything. And when I do get clowns I don't get out in that situation. Tbh though it was just a ######### situation and I was just pissed off after the game so I created the discussion. Thanks for the wholesome responses and understanding. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Frankie
    edited June 2020

Why are you so angry? I read the discussion. But okay, enjoy your likely short time on the forums o.O

Also - thousands of hours in game, thank you very much. I know far more about it than you could ever hope to. Also, I can loop a Doc, which immediately gives me a more valid opinion.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Xavier22

Thanks for the response. Yea he is very boring and I don't understand why people play him. I was pissed off when I created the discussion so tbh it doesn't really matter anymore. Thx for the response ❤️❤️❤️

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I agree that Doctor is OP. And I say that from playing him, not against. I am not a killer main, I am a rank 16 killer but have zero problem winning matches with this killer. I can barely get a hook with Nurse, Billy or Leatherface (I am the worst with chainsaws). But just hook after hook with MD here. And as you all know even though I am rank 16, my survivors are almost always a mixed bag of ranks below mine all the way to red.

As a survivor I think that is they just took out the having to "snap out of it" it would be a fairly good change. It is beyond frustrating that when he hit his big zap you are incapacitated until you crouch and get un-crazy. So no heals, unhooks, gens nothing while you crouch in the corner screaming your location.

Doctor also already has built in aura and whispers, before he even straps on the perks. It is too many things for one killer.

• Xavier22
  • Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

You are right, the doctor needs to go.

His kit needs to be completely changed, he was changed because he was polarising and now he is worse than he was. He needs a complete rework that will erase once and for all all the things that are annoying

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2020

Doctor is strong but balanced.

The FPS dropping is a problem for both sides. It's not just the Survivors.

You got unlucky with the totem. He was just checking it to see if anyone was on it. Try to destroy all five of them before endgame to prevent NOED from activating. If you can't, then wait until he's gone before you start to cleanse it.

When he shocks you, don't stand there like an idiot. Run! It doesn't hinder your movement speed. If he spams shock therapy then he'll lose distance because you slow down to like 67% while charging it.

You can Dead Hard against him. His shock doesn't stop that.

• Xavier22

Yes😂❤️...thanks for the kind response ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

Due to OP's attitude and their continuous insults towards people with a different opinion, I decided to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.