The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone else think clown needs a speed nerf?

kingreaps
kingreaps Member Posts: 41
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
In my opinion the clowns is a bit to over powered because he is way too fast and there is no counter to his power with is speed being extreamly fast 

Post edited by kingreaps on

Answers

• kingreaps
    jiminie said:

He's not that fast, just kids exploiting his whisky bottle

I just feel there is no counter bc as soon as u get hit with his gass he's instantly on you and get a free hit

• kingreaps
    Tsulan said:
    He's as fast as the trapper. Would you consider the trapper to be to fast?
    Does the rapper have anything to slow you down mid-chase and instantly catch you? 
  • kingreaps
    Tsulan said:
    And theres also ways to counter the trapper no way to counter the gass

• kingreaps
    CoolAKn said:

@kingreaps said:
    Tsulan said:

Does the rapper have anything to slow you down mid-chase and instantly catch you? 

The Trapper's traps do just that if you run into one during a chase.

Exactly if u run in to it there ways to counter the trapper there no way to really counter the gass

• Amelia
    Amelia Member Posts: 84

You can fake him out if you now what i mean, make him waste his bottles and don't get caught in the open, he's not much of a threat if you're near some safe pallets or buildings

• kingreaps
    Amelia said:

You can fake him out if you now what i mean, make him waste his bottles and don't get caught in the open, he's not much of a threat if you're near some safe pallets or buildings

That's the thing tho even at safe pallets and buildings he can still get u super easy bc the gass mixed with bloodlust and his speed in generin 

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Totally agree. Fat bois shouldn't be outrunning athletes. Get that man a banana and a protein shake.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    jiminie said:

@Tsulan said:
    kingreaps said:

Tsulan said:

Yes, traps.
    kingreaps said:

Tsulan said:

Just don't run through his gas. He has a really limited amount of bottles. 
    jiminie said:

Oh wow, using a killers ability is exploiting now...

I thought you're better than this, are you goin' to tell me you don't know about his precious bottle exploit ?

Uhm... no?
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290
    edited September 2018

@Tsulan said:
    Uhm... no?

While I don't know for sure what it is and believe the Clown is fine balance wise iirc there's some bug regarding his addons that give him MS while reloading that's faster than normal movement speed. I'd assume that's what OP is talking about.

tbh it's probably not even a bug but more just an oversight.

• DocFabron
    jiminie said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    jiminie said:

@Tsulan said:

kingreaps said:

Tsulan said:

Yes, traps. 

kingreaps said:

Tsulan said:

Just don't run through his gas. He has a really limited amount of bottles.  

jiminie said:

I thought you're better than this, are you goin' to tell me you don't know about his precious bottle exploit ?

I tested it. It doesn't do anything. Nice try though.

Can you stop being a Hypocrite? Last night i had a match with this kind of person, exploiting it like hell, look it up, i'm not making anything up

Do you even know what the word hypocrite means? At what point was I being hypocritical?

I've done the clown dance to meme with with the last survivor before I gave them the hatch, there's literally no discernible difference.
  • DocFabron
    jiminie said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    jiminie said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

jiminie said:

@Tsulan said:

kingreaps said:

Tsulan said: He's as fast as the trapper. Would you consider the trapper to be to fast? Does the rapper have anything to slow you down mid-chase and instantly catch you?  Yes, traps. kingreaps said: Tsulan said: He's as fast as the trapper. Would you consider the trapper to be to fast? And theres also ways to counter the trapper no way to counter the gass Just don't run through his gas. He has a really limited amount of bottles.  jiminie said: He's not that fast, just kids exploiting his whisky bottle

Can you stop being a Hypocrite? Last night i had a match with this kind of person, exploiting it like hell, look it up, i'm not making anything up

Do you even know what the word hypocrite means? At what point was I being hypocritical?

I've done the clown dance to meme with with the last survivor before I gave them the hatch, there's literally no discernible difference.

'I tested it.It doesen't do anything' oh my god, are you for real ?
    Look up the video the other dude posted, you must be high if you think there is no difference

Why are you getting so triggered over it? All I'm doing is telling you that when I've done it, it does absolutely nothing.
  • kingreaps
    Vankruze said:

The clown isn't faster than other 115% speed killers. unless you encountered bloodlust which applies to all killers.

No but these was to counter the other killers with 115 speed 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited September 2018
    jiminie said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    jiminie said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

jiminie said:

@Tsulan said:

kingreaps said:

Tsulan said: He's as fast as the trapper. Would you consider the trapper to be to fast? Does the rapper have anything to slow you down mid-chase and instantly catch you?  Yes, traps. kingreaps said: Tsulan said: He's as fast as the trapper. Would you consider the trapper to be to fast? And theres also ways to counter the trapper no way to counter the gass Just don't run through his gas. He has a really limited amount of bottles.  jiminie said: He's not that fast, just kids exploiting his whisky bottle

Look up the video the other dude posted, you must be high if you think there is no difference

Regardless... you should have specified that you were talking about the speed reload add on stacking. Saying the add ons need a nerf, not the clown himself. 
  • kingreaps
    jiminie said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    jiminie said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

jiminie said:

@Tsulan said:

kingreaps said:

Regardless... you should have specified that you were talking about the speed reload add on stacking. Saying the add ons need a nerf, not the clown himself. 
    Lol but he does need a nerf himself 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    kingreaps said:
    jiminie said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    jiminie said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

jiminie said:

@Tsulan said:

kingreaps said:

Lol but he does need a nerf himself 
    Why? Simply because you got caught with your pants down? He’s extremely powerful in chase, so... don’t get found and chased? 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@kingreaps said:

I just feel there is no counter bc as soon as u get hit with his gass he's instantly on you and get a free hit

So the killer used his power and you and you call it a "free hit"?
    Wow...survivor are really entitled to the max right now, calling basically everything a "free hit".

• Doomsaki
    Doomsaki Member Posts: 152

@fakelove said:
    @kingreaps here you go, maybe that's what happened to you
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbzrt-6e0ac

To be honest, I'd like it if the devs kept that trick in the game (though adjusting numbers if necessary).

Variety and different builds and playstyles are a good thing.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    jiminie said:

Yep! Makes the clown faster! 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Thin? Is this some kinda fat joke about the clown? That’s rude fam.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    kingreaps said:
    In my opinion the clowns is a bit to over powered because he is way too fast and there is no counter to his power with is speed being extreamly fast 

What ever happened to stealth?
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Peasant said:
    kingreaps said:

What ever happened to stealth?

Moaning, BBQ, bad player models for male characters, buggy crows, and bad map design happened.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@fakelove said:
    I love how no one's saying something constructive about the Clown exploit, some even think it's fair, i bet if it was some Survivor exploit everyone would lose their #########, this community....pathetic

The exploit is bad because it's an exploit, but this thread is not about the exploit. Is it pathetic to stay on topic, or is it pathetic to try to change the subject when you've been proven wrong? I know what I vote for.

• Orion

@fakelove said:

@Orion said:

@fakelove said:
    I love how no one's saying something constructive about the Clown exploit, some even think it's fair, i bet if it was some Survivor exploit everyone would lose their #########, this community....pathetic

The exploit is bad because it's an exploit, but this thread is not about the exploit. Is it pathetic to stay on topic, or is it pathetic to try to change the subject when you've been proven wrong? I know what I vote for.

Dude, we are a community, we're supposed to be together in order for this game to gain even more popularity and grow, i appreciate what you and few other people are doing, being polite and constructive in threads and not having biased opinions, but i was just saying how it is, read the thread again, you'll see some people find nothing wrong with it

I saw one person saying they'd like it to be kept as a mechanic, with the necessary adjustments, and one person who didn't know about the exploit.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Another crying survivor main? Come on dude.

The Clown is a viable option at high ranks. He is perfectly balanced I think. No complaints here on him.

• Wolf74

@fakelove said:

Are you kidding me? Survivor are the master of abusing exploits in this game.
    Climbing rocks where they can't be reached, using DH to go places that had been meant to be inaccessible.
    And don't let me start getting into looping, which is a sanctioned exploit.
    Stop turning things upside down.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Clown is 115 speed. Why would he need a nerf? His power only slows down survivors speed to 85 for 2 seconds. He slows down when refilling his bottles after he gets 4 of them. They do not hurt survivors like hatchets.

• Wolf74

@Pennywise said:
    Both the Clown and Hillbilly should have their walking speed reduced to match Hag, Huntress and Spirit.

Your sarcastic, right?

• Orion

@Wolf74 said:

@Pennywise said:
    Both the Clown and Hillbilly should have their walking speed reduced to match Hag, Huntress and Spirit.

Your sarcastic, right?

New account. Assume troll until proven otherwise.

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261

@Wolf74 said:

@fakelove said:

Climbing rocks where they can't be reached, using DH to go places that had been meant to be inaccessible.

Nice meme about looping. Devs just confirmed last stream that looping isn't bannable.

• Orion

@Redcum said:

@Wolf74 said:

@fakelove said:

Nice meme about looping. Devs just confirmed last stream that looping isn't bannable.

He did say it was sanctioned...

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    kingreaps said:

You can counter clown, just don't loop and you're fine. Learn how to circut. Many survivors don't and get stomped on.
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256

I reg'd this account ages ago, but I have up to this point posted on Steam. I am being serious. The Hag, Huntress and Spirit can either close the gap quickly or can hit at ranged, which is why they have a slower movement speed of 110%. So why then does the Clown and Hillbilly have a walking speed of 115% like the other killers but they also can quickly close the gap? Bad design.

• Tazare
    Tazare Member Posts: 39

I think clown is fine tbh, he can still get destroyed by survivors who know what they are doing so hes not overpowered, and i think if he got a speed nerf it wont change too much so there wont even be a point unless it was like 10% less speed, but that might be too extreme and make clown less fun to play since he will be too slow to end chases, i think hes at a balanced speed right now. i dont really think any killer should be nerfed since survivors are quite op as it is and nobody is doing much about that. Arent the killers meant to be op anyway? isnt that the point of taking the power role in this asymmetric game? i think somehow survivors have complained enough to the point where they are the power role now :^)

• Orion

@Tsulan said:
    Conclusion: increase the movement 
    Speed of the slower killers to match the speed of the viable killer to balance the game. 

Indeed.