The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should dcing for hatch be legitamately bannable?

Was doing the archive challenge to get a 4k as doctor because i never did it and could use the bp. So i play the match normal dont even tunnel or anything but since i need a 4k i slug the 3rd person and go to find the other person and boom 3rd guy leaves and 4th leaves through hatch. I know people consider slugging toxic but its still a tactic unlike dcing to give hatch which is a exploit. Especially when the survivors even admit it in the endgame chat "thats what you get for slugging" "ggez swf hatch escape". And what the guy gets like a 5 minute ban because it resets daily?

Comments

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279

slugging for the 4k happens all the time whereas dcing for the hatch just doesn't, in part because the prior's rewarded and the latter's punished. the dcer not only has to wait out the penalty, but they forfeit their pip and all the bloodpoints they got during the round just so their final ally can escape.

that's punishment enough imo. unbreakable and adrenaline are much, much more of a nuisance to me when I'm trying to 4k than that rarity.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

DCing for hatch is quite petty, but honestly I find it funny more than anything. The fact that they went that far out of their way to make sure one person escaped but they still lost the match is hilarious to me. I've never slugged for a 4K so I haven't had this happen to me but I suppose I can see how it could annoy someone who REALLY wants the 4K

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

They’re already getting punished with a DC penalty so no, it is not bannable via reporting unless @Peanits or someone can confirm otherwise.

Also, what if someone legitimately has to leave the game due to outside circumstances (however unlikely that may be)? There’s no way you can PROVE it was ill intent unless they brag afterwards.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

The DCing Survivor gets a Matchmaking Penalty (which affects their Teammates as well, if they are SWF) and he loses all BPs he has earned and will lose a Pip.

While it is clearly annoying and unfair, not really a reason to put any work into this - this will not happen on a frequent basis, highly unlikely that someone will do that more than once in a while. BHVR does not need to put ressources into this.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

Costed me my archive challenge which now i gotta go try to get another one.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

gl with that. I think you might have more luck in not slugging the 3rd person and simply hooking them. If they're not on death hook the last survivor has a choice to hide or rescue the other guy, and you might be able to find them with BBQ.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I dont think thats quite fair, clearly dcing for the 4th person is clearly happening way more often that just a random disconnect. And it can really hurt the killer players because we lose out on not just 1 kill but 2 which can take a killer from pip to depip depending on how the game went

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

Not any more than any other disconnect, because that's what it is.. a disconnect. Change how disconnects and the hatch interact instead if the current rules surrounding DCs aren't to be changed.

And it's stated right there in the rules to not report for disconnecting, and that no action will be taken when it comes to reports that are actually made for disconnecting. DC penalties are already in place and they're the punishment for excessive disconnections right there, it's a waste of time to report for it if the rules are to be believed.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited June 2020

So he admitted that he disconnected to give hatch to the other survivor, which is kind of a sad thing to do and is pretty much a fair way to cheat, and you get upset that they say "ggez"?

If they played the way the game properly then they all would be dead and they know it. Their ggez's mean literally nothing. It clearly wasn't "ez" since only one got out and it's only thanks to them cheating. All they are doing is just try to annoy you.

I personally would see this game as an absolute win for me if I was the killer.

And no , I don't think this kind of dc should be treated any differently than any other dc.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

It's definitely against the rules to intentionally disconnect for any scenario and disconnecting just so another survivor can get the hatch is clearly an exploit. Ignore all these people spouting nonsense about how this is just a disconnect so you should just let the automated system handle it. This is using one thing that's against the rules to do yet another thing that's against the rules. If you have any evidence of them clearly intentionally disconnecting for the purpose of letting somebody get the hatch, then report it and give BHVR that evidence. There's a difference between pushing somebody and pushing somebody into a fire; and there's a difference between intentionally disconnecting and intentionally disconnecting to give somebody the hatch. One is a single violation of the rules and one is a violation the rules to violate yet another rule.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

They already get punished for it

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

I highly doubt a report is going to do anything. Most likely any report will be closed because of the disconnect penalty. If you report for this though you should probably record it and make a report to the support in addition to the in-game report with a video. The Windows game recording thingy (press Windows key + G) gives you access to the last 30 seconds, so you can get footage even if you weren't recording the entire match. No idea if other recording software can do the same.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

It seems like an exploit to me. Dcing cause youre tilted is one thing, dcing to give your team an unintended advantage is another.

• supersonic853

They could just make it if the 3rd person on the ground dcs it doesnt count them as dead so the hatch doesnt open.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 407

dcing for the hatch should be punished as you are giving the survivor a advantage and its exploiting the game as mentioned it bypass the normal waiting time of the scarfice to complete so it is bannable lets put it this way if the killer dc before you reach the exit and you lost those surivial points would you say thats fair

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    edited June 2020

No.

...besides, it already provides a ban penalty.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,350

D/C already bans you from queue for a bit so I don't think d/cing specific for the hatch needs an extra punishment.

I just want the devs to make it so that d/cing doesn't immediately open the hatch so the Killer can try to contest the hatch. Similar to how a survivor on death hook takes a few seconds before fully sacrificed.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 919

Frankly I'd say it's abuse of out-of-game mechanics for an in-game advantage.

DBD Mobile actually has survivor and killer bots to take over when someone quits so TACTICAL DISCONNECT, INCOMING!!!!! isn't possible.

I think the best option is the mobile bot system (or even just bots without AI who go AFK in Dying State and slowly bleed out).

Like rather than having to report people for committing a tactical disconnect/hatch tech, (Which in the end, is scummy but it's not anything near as bad as holding someone hostage or literally using cheats) the way the game handles a disconnection should be changed so a Tactical Disconnect is no longer possible in the first place.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I have no issue with what these survivors did, one of them did take a penalty to do that. If you can't legitimately down and hook 4 people maybe you just don't get your challenge done that round. Getting crappy in the last 5 minutes to accomplish your goal backfired, and I do not blame them one bit.

• MintMintz
    MintMintz Member Posts: 13

He literally stated that they were bragging about it after. “That’s what you get for slugging” as a response to the hatch play.

• FlamingkittyUmad
    FlamingkittyUmad Member Posts: 313

if you're gonna pull the EULA card, SWF on discord would be bannable to.

if someone is willing to DC to give another survivor the hatch after you slugged them for any significant amount of time, the egg is on YOUR face

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

They probably didn't dc to give the other guy the hatch, they probably dc'ed cause they got bored laying on the floor for 4 minutes.

• supersonic853

It wasnt even 4 minutes i had him down for like 30 seconds at most before he dcd because his friend found hatch.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Yes because right now it’s promoting DCs, which is something that should never happen in any video game. It’s very sad to see people defending DCing.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

Yes because right now it’s promoting DCs, which is something that should never happen in any video game. It’s very sad to see people defending DCing.

Quoting is broken right now so I am quoting like this, this is in reference to this post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1337790/#Comment_1337790

When you disconnect you lose all your points. The survivor disconnecting to give the hatch will lose more points generally than the survivor getting the hatch gains by escaping. Outside of SWF this isn't really a thing either, and when one person in a SWF disconnects the entire party needs to wait out the DC timer. It's dumb that you can do it but I doubt that anything is going to be done about it as the DC penalty exists.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

DC yes, as for any reason.

Die on hook, no.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited June 2020

You already get temporarily banned for DCing, they aren't going to add any sort of bans on top of an existing punishment system.

and also for those of you saying to report for DCing, please don't you bog up the report system with something that is automatically punished for, you're just making it easier for hackers to get away with stuff for longer by making their reports go unseen.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

DC already can lead to a ban if done too often

The reason of DC is irrelevent

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 919

Yes because the killer is slugging the survivors for 4 minutes apparently.

In all the instances where I've seen survivors decide Tactical Disconnect, Incoming! is the strategy they're going to employ, the DC happens within 10 seconds of them being downed. If you're saying survivors don't have the patience to wait maybe 20 seconds (4 minutes at the most) they shouldn't be playing the game.

Or bring Unbreakable, or even No Mither. There's a few anti-slugging perks in the game.