We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

BBQ on Pyramid Head, are you gonna run it

johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

To start with I will be running it, I won't be caging everyone every time so I still think I'll get 4 stacks most game, at least 2-3 and I think 50-75% bonus BPs is still good. Plus the info is a bonus.

But obviously there is a school of thought that you wouldn't run any hook perks on Pyramid Head, so no BBQ... Pop... Devour...

So just curious which, if any of the "hook perks," do you typically run on your killers and which, if any, will you run on PH? Will you rotate it, will you test some stuff out?

Comments

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

Yes I will, the BP boost is fantastic and will help a lot in maxing him out. Not only that Ive had plenty (most) matches where I have chased/hooked more non-tornmented survivors than tormented survivors.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,775

I don't run bbq on any other kill unless I'm farming or don't have better perks, so definitely not on PH.

• NittanyBruin1719
    NittanyBruin1719 Member Posts: 46

I think you can--and should--still run it and any other hook based perks with PH. I've posted about it before, but I along with many others (streamers, people here, etc.) that felt that they were starting to play PH at a relatively high level all say agree that it's still more beneficial to hook more than cage. I found in my games there was about a 70/30 hook to cage ratio, with caging only coming when: I was confident of DS, I knew someone was very close by/knew to worry about the flashlight or pallet save, or saw a hook sabotaged or recognized I was in a complete dead zone (plus you won't always have survivors tormented anyway). Basically, only cage if you know there's a DS or if you know there are survivors close enough by to maintain pressure. Against good survivors constantly caging/playing for the cage will only lose you the game (emphasis on good survivors).

With this being the case, there's still ample hook opportunity to get value out of all the hook activated perks and I know I'll be able to use them all and get the value needed out of them.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Nope. He has no mobility of any kind, so seeing people across the map for a few seconds doesn't help much. There are better tracking perks to use.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

I wont at first. I already have a build that circumvents it, but still gives enough information so that I'm not screwed by not taking it and also always working even if i Cage.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Yeah I'd never cage the first hook only the second to avoid ds

And the 3rd id do the insta mori

So bbq yes

but pop no, id have to switch to surge or even dying light+thana for slowdown

Honestly id most use the range attack on him to get my downs through walls for the most part. Its way better hitting multiples who just sit on a gen and refuse to move until I chase one off... and I feel like that ranged strike will really help me threaten a few so they all scatter

• Stompa
    Stompa Member Posts: 154

hook everybody once for bp or when you are in dire need for a pop for example, cages are situational but quite handy to split rescue attempts; but wait for the release and the usual post release nerv, and then another 2-3 patch cycles to get the final product

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 189

Probably not. I only rum BBQ on killer that have good mobility and there are better tracking perks. I’ll definitely be running pop though

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

I don’t need BBQ to get atleast a tie (2k) and don’t plan to use it on Pyramid Head either...and I main Demogorgon.

I put BBQ in my list of “Hindering perks” as tbh almost everyone I know that uses BBQ uses it for the points, not the hint of a survivors location. The only perk I will be using on him however is some TR altering perks like monitor. Most likely my loadout in the end will be Monitor, STBFL, Enduring, and his new Healing Perk that makes survivors scream

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Eh not actually that big a fan of bbq. Only something I feel forced to put on for blood points. Probably won't run it on him. Probably roll with whispers, ruin, surveillance, and not sure on the last one. Probably have to experiment, see how often I m1 people.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Yes because the cages are useless and he has no map pressure.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I'm not sure. BBQ is my favorite perk in the game, but I don't want to have two wasted perk slots in case I end up using the cages more often. It's the same thing with Pop. I also heard that you only gain BBQ stacks on the first hook, meaning that if you send them to the cage on the first down but hook them on their second or third, then you won't get the stack.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Probably not, unless I get a bunch of garbage perks on him and it's one of the only even semi-decent ones.

That said, I think I will still hook people with Tormented, going for the mini-Mori when they're on Death Hook instead of the Cages - since, AFAIK, Tormented is only removed by being sent to a Cage.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

Yes. Until I get every perk for every Killer, there is no reason to not run it. You have a choice whether to hook or cage. You're not REQUIRED to cage if the Survivor is Tormented. In fact you could hold off on caging the entire game and just execute Survivors on death hook.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

I'll be finding a different build for PH than the typical killer meta.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

I would run Monstrous Shrine on him if it would give me 2x bp for such a trivial thing as hooking survivors.

BBQ is nothing more but a BP boost, aura reading is a miniscule bonus. I run it on most killers, if I want to try hard, I switch it to better perks. Thus ye, I will run bbq on PH because more bp is just no brainer.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,439

If you are doing well BBQ will double your points. If you are doing poorly then there is no perk that you could have used instead of BBQ that would have fixed it. For that reason I will also run it on Pyramid Head, and I think a lot of other people will as well.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

you can save the cage for the secnd stage and get the stacks points multiplier

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I really don't think I will run it with him, but things can change, I plan on using Surge, stbfl, maybe nurse's or just enduring + spirit fury with him, I really don't know since I only played him for like 2 days and decided to grind

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I'll use it 100% unless they do something crazy like remove torment status on hook.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@BBQnDemogorgon Wanna bet?

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Orion No because them doing a nerf like that isn't unrealistic for them. Hell I'm half expecting it and you saying that makes me lean toward they've already hinted at it lol.

• DeadArsenal
    DeadArsenal Member Posts: 221

I play at irregular intervals and haven't got far in overall progression so I'll need to extra BP. Sometimes survivors won't always trip Tormented and I'll have to hook them anyway so it doesn't matter. Extra map awareness on hook is also a plus.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Ok, the bloke's got a big metal bonce. The sun's out. The lockdown meaures have been eased. But I don't see that as an excuse to cook meat on a person's head.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,849

I'm most probably going to stick to BBQ, I can't not play with it - the satisfaction (and extra BP) of getting 4 stacks is just too much for me.

I think the balance of when to hook someone and when to cage them will still make BBQ and other hook related perks be beneficial plus of course you are not always going to be able to cage someone, only when they are in the tormented state.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

The BP boost is too hard for me to pass up. I run it literally all the time. I'll probably get far less use out of it with Pyramid Head but it should still end up being worth using.

• GoblinBoi
    GoblinBoi Member Posts: 13

Does anyone know if devour hope, works with pyramid heads cages?

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Petsonally I will use cage to bypass ds when I see a flashlight guy or DS cooky surv.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Seeing as there's very little incentive to cage people, I think we'll still see all the hook perks ran.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,424

@GoblinBoi As of right now, as far as we know, none of the perks that require hooks work on cages. If the perk needs a hook it does not work. Since Devour needs a hook, it does not work. Its not counted as a hook in the game itself, so nothing will work with it unless they change the code or whatever. That's my understanding at least.

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374

actually im thiking about run:

SaveTheBestForLast... because looks like a good killer to run it.

Hex:Ruin... to run something who stop gens... and with the cages pop goes not work...

Surveillance... because with ruin i can have a better map control...

and for the last one im not sure about what one:

Iron Maiden (maybe to bait survivors with the power and then being instadowned... and some detection)

Sloppy Butcher (because slow heals are great)

Bamboozle (evoid strong loops and be easier to use the power)

• Snitz
    Snitz Member Posts: 97

I will use both BBQ and infectious, if survivors scream i cage, if they don't i hook and get info.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I will probably play him perkless for a while just to see how strong he really is. Perks can give you such a wrong idea about the potential of a killer.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

dunno tbh.

his cages seem like something i wont be using very frequently anyway, so yeah, possibly.

i dont view BBQ as a mandatory perk on every killer tbh, so there is a good chance i might not equip it