@people who Dead Hard a Frenzying Legion:

2»

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Even if Legion has Pop and other gen defense perks? That's 25% of the gen on one kick and he'll know if you're coming back.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

Let's say you are the last person in his TR without deep wounds, he will go for you with his frenzy bcs it's faster, won't hit you but he will try to get close, you deadhard for no reason since you are the last guy that's gonna get stabbedand you deadhard for no reason at all.

• felipao_brabo
    felipao_brabo Member Posts: 169

more like 'I used my exhaustion perk to remove all pressure the killer would be able to put on me and my team, and made him chase so the rest of my team can do gens'

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

I just did this to a legion lmao. But most of the times yeah just take the m2. I just did it cuz memes

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

That’s why I said in my prior comment that the situation dictates. If I know (Bond) that no one is around I’ll just take the frenzy hit. If everyone else is already hurt I’ll take the frenzy hit. If the stun won’t let me get to a loop anyways I’ll eat the hit for the speed boost.

Saying “never dead hard vs frenzy,” is such a bad blanket statement. It’s like saying, “never ever cleanse vs plague,” or “always 99 the doors.” Blanket ALWAYS or NEVER statements are generally not wise.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited June 2020
    1. I probably shouldn't have said "forced" because in retrospect, nothing is "forcing" the Legion to chase you—quite the opposite, in fact; if the Legion wanted to chase you, he wouldn't be Frenzying you while you're injured. Just because he's not in Frenzy doesn't mean he can't go pressure gens.
    2. Pressure? What pressure? This is Legion we're talking about.
    3. Unless the team are grouped up together, running around Frenzying isn't going to stop anyone from doing gens. The second he goes to Frenzy someone else, they'll just mend and get back on the gen—or better yet, do the gen without mending because you have THIRTY BLOODY SECONDS to do so.

In short, you put him in fatigue, but that truthfully accomplishes nothing. Still a waste of a Perk.

• Demogordon_Ramsay

You should never cleanse against Plague, though. Cleansing against Plague is always a terrible, terrible idea.

You should always 99 the exit gates. You deny the EGC timer as well as Blood Warden. If you 99'ed it properly, the only thing that would cause you to take extra time opening the gate when you need to leave is approaching it from the wrong angle—which, at that point, that's on you.

Similarly, you should never Dead Hard against a Frenzying Legion. You're not "denying" him any pressure because his power doesn't give him any pressure and all you did was burn up your Perk slot that could have been used to actually keep yourself safe from a more lethal hit.

• felipao_brabo

I don't know about your experience with Legion, but he is the killer I mainly play, he has plenty of pressure man. Thana + Sloppy butcher makes the survivors not heal, has a similar effect as plague, or makes the survivors waste a ######### ton of time healing. There is also the mend time that temporarily takes survivors out of the game, I don't know a single survivor that ignores mending, it's not stupid, if the killer returns you're #########.

If a legion activates his frenzy on you while you're injured, he definitely wants information, by using dead hard you prevent him from getting it. If he decides to chase you, great, you're going to make him lose time while the other survivors do gens (he got fatigued for 4 seconds, that can get you plenty of distance, so it's no a waste of a perk). If he decides to leave you to patrol gens, you just made him get fatigued for 4 seconds and gave him no information on where your teammates are. That's a game changer, it can determine if your teammates finishes a gen or not.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,161

Cleansing against Plague isn't always a terrible idea. It depends on how the Plague is playing.

I was recently playing as Plague because I had a Daily Ritual for her. I puke on them, chase them, hit them. I'm too lazy to ever go get the Corruption, and I'm just screwing around anyway. I'll walk around the map, chase and hit some survivors, and move on. For three of them, that was fine, because they'd bother to cleanse.

Jake, however, refused to cleanse. Not even once. Even though all his teammates cleansed. Even though I never once went and got Corruption. Jake ended up bleeding to death because he was always a one-hit down. Everyone else escaped because they didn't go into the dying state from just one hit.

I'm sure he read online players telling him to "never, ever cleanse against Plague" and that's all he remembered. Never cleanse. And that got him killed.

• BadWraithMain
    BadWraithMain Member Posts: 25

I actually had a Yui yesterday that did this exact thing against me. I was like... dude, just let me hit you 🤣 I was just trying to find people before. Now? You're just gonna get downed 10 seconds from now.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,202

Speaking for my friends and I, it's purely for fun. It's like working on the gen at shack with another survivor, throwing the pallet, then tbagging for no other reason than to ######### around.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

The real question is why is a Legion using their power on an injured person in the first place?

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

The strength of Legion is that they can spread their pressure and injure multiple people with ease. Taking this away from them isn’t necessarily a bad thing. However you need to be confident enough to be in a chase without Dead Hard and actually not go down in a matter of seconds because then it’s not going to help you or your team at all.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

XD

well, you were the one who said "Dead Hard can't help you"

And the guy before was talking about a situation where 2 or 3 team members could be around, which you could save with a Dead Hard. It is not just 12 seconds mending, it is multiple people mending and healing or being exposed. I mean, the one power of Legion, if any, is to injure multiple people in a short time. You pretty much ignore the whole scenery by reducing this to "12 seconds isnt a lot of trouble"

"Fatigue is going to happen anyway" yes, and? Does that counter anything I said?

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Ok, I have the response for both sides.

From Killer perspective: OMG. That was MY chain hit. CAN YOU NOT?

From Survivor perspective: HAHA! Eat the 4 SECONDS PAL!

• Deadeye

This is pretty much laughable. It is only possible if everyone runs Bond, otherwise you run across each other by accident. Sometimes it helps also against Legion to team up and if everyone starts runnin when seeing another survivor you simply burn time. And if a single Dead Hard is able to save a non optimal team, then it is worth it. I wouldn't just say "**** them, their fault" because this is no team play and ****s you as well, cuz you are part of the team

• Deadeye

Well, this is pretty much the situation where Dead Hard makes no sense at all. Other people here are arguing about situations where it makes sense.

• Deadeye

"Pressure? What pressure? It is Legion"

Alright, I'm not even finishing the rest of this thread, seems like a waste of time

• johnmwarner

Yeah OP clearly thought the thread would end up a bunch of proper agreeing and laughing and is probably shocked so many people tried explaining why it works sometimes

• FreddysMixTape
    FreddysMixTape Member Posts: 78

"killer i mainly play"

"sloppy butcher"

Just a friendly reminder that frenzy got nerfed a while back and its attacks no longer count as basic attacks meaning that sloppy literally wont be applied from your frenzy. it's a dead perk slot for 90% of the game as you would want people to waste time from insta healing after your frenzy for it to be truly effective. also thana sucks, it's a very deceiving perk that makes you think it does a lot but it usually ends up making people just not heal(like you said) at which point it adds like no time to the game because the time they would have spend up healing otherwise evens out with the extra time they spend on gens, infact they would have probably added more time to the game if they actually did just instantly start healing after every frenzy. In short: I disagree that Legion has "plenty of pressure", it's mediocre at best and laughable at worst.

On the actual topic of the thread: I agree that people who dead hard frenzy attacks are actual clowns(they also usually complain about being tunneled which is hilarious to say the least.)

• felipao_brabo

ehh I didn't know sloppy didn't work with legion, but I can still apply lots of pressure with him, I have no idea why people can't.

• Deadeye

I didnt take the time to respond to that, looks equally ignoring like OP, so I'd rather guess it to be a second account to get some support to his opinion ^^

Like 90% being a randomly thrown in number, ignoring that Legion as M1 killer has to down survivors, so everyone will eat it sooner or later, or ignoring that a fully constantly exposed team is something in favour of the killer... felt like a waste of time. I also don't know what these guys define as pressure, if Legion can't apply pressure in their eyes

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    edited June 2020

Or maybe it's because I've had this same argument a million times before about how being injured against the most M1 Killer in the game isn't scary, how Frenzy is piss easy to counter without the need for Dead Hard anyway, how Deep Wound is a pathetic stall effect, yadda yadda. At this point it feels like clockwork listening to idiots trying to tell me Legion is good. They always bring up the same arguments that only people who evidently don't realize just how insanely strong Survivors are and how little Legion does to hinder them would ever see as valid. The same holds true here, and I'm getting sick of trying to respond to such drivel when no one ever bothers to realize that hey, if being injured all the time is so scary, then why isn't Plague a good Killer?

Believe it or not, I actually have this thing called a real life, and I have to sink time into that instead of sitting on the forums trying to drill logic into skulls thick enough to think that Legion is good. My notifs were filled to the brim with more of the same crappy arguments that people give to try and justify Decisive Strike: The Killer somehow being above F-tier and at this point I do not want to bother with replying to all of them. It's a terrible use of my time when I have things like college to worry about, or even just going on a thread where people are actually talking about something worth paying attention to.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It depents really, if you are in a good strong spot you can kinda force the Legion on you giving your teammates breathing room.

Also i feel not everybody knows how Legion works. The amount of time i saw someone dead harding while already under the effects of deep wound, or people hiding in lockers without head on

• johnmwarner

Guy starts thread, gets feedback he doesn’t like, then says he doesn’t have time to spend on the forums like us losers replying to his thread...

Also makes fun of people for “wasting dead hard,” but then straight up says legion is easy to loop even without dead hard...

I agree, you should spend more time on your college classes because you have apparently missed a lot of the fundamentals that even freshmen classes will teach you.

• Demogordon_Ramsay

"Guy starts thread, gets feedback he doesn’t like, then says he doesn’t have time to spend on the forums like us losers replying to his thread..."

I don't. I'm getting quite sick of having to repeat the same nonsense about how incredibly basic Legion's counterplay is.

Believe me, if I actually had the time to respond to you, I would. I genuinely hate people who think Legion is good. I hate them and think they never should have installed this game. But you're not going to be convinced any more easily than I'm going to be convinced, so no point in bothering.

"Also makes fun of people for “wasting dead hard,” but then straight up says legion is easy to loop even without dead hard..."

Still a waste of a Perk, especially since if you bring Dead Hard into a match, you more than likely suck enough to rely on it.

• FreddysMixTape
    FreddysMixTape Member Posts: 78

Maybe and I don't want sound rude but maybe it's because not everyone has the fortune of consistently playing against mediocre at best survivors or on incredibly favorable maps. Like I get it the power feels fine against most survivors as most people, and you can disagree with me here, are honestly not very good at the game/just play casually but Legions power is honestly bad and I dont get why people think otherwise, especially if you compare it to like any other power in the game you can see its heavy shortcommings and honestly ridiculous restrictions.

• johnmwarner

Spot on, I play against red rank survivors because you know, matchmaking lol, but I still beat them with almost every killer and without “sweaty,” builds. I also play survivor at rank 1-2 and I can tell you some of my teammates are hot garbage, I mean to be honest I’m not even that good at looping.

This is why people are able to find stats to “prove,” that all killers are OP and justify calling their favorite killer top tier. I think Legion is one of the bottom 3 killers and against most red rank teams I’ll still get 2-4 kill games consistently, when I run into strong solos or a good SWF I’ll lose but meh.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

Dead hard my frenzy? You have chosen death.🤣 And then I see another target with BBQ I like where this is going.😁

• Deadeye

So we have a hate driven member here. Alright, I'm out. Explains like 80% of your posts to be honest. You are not arguing, you are hating. Waste of time

• Deadeye
    edited June 2020

This thread was not really about discussing if Legion is strong or not. It was about using Dead Hard against Frenzy. If Legion is good in anything, then in spreading damage quickly. And why not "waste" a dead hard if you know it saves 2-3 others from being bothered by Legion? I mean, it is simply better to have 3 healthy survivors working on a gen and one injured without Dead Hard in a chase, than having 4 injured survivors and probably noone working on a gen but mending. No discussion about how much value mending gives the killer or how easy it is to dodge an M1 killer, just the above scenario is simply creating an advantage.

And we all know how bad ranking and matchmaking is. So it would not be uncommon to have something like this in the above case as alternative: eat the Frenzy hit instead of deadharding, start mending and 12 seconds later you see your whole team injured, one of them down. Reason: potatoes. Solution: Dead Hard and take the chase. This is not a 1v1v3 game, it is a team game, and you have to deal with whatever team you get

• johnmwarner

He doesn’t have time to hate though, or so I thought. Like I said, I normally don’t make a personal remark but here we have someone claiming college blah blah blah but yet makes points that contradict his own prior points. Makes me sad how many people waste their time and money on an education and learn nothing.

• johnmwarner

Also I predict IF he replies anymore he will make sure to mention how he is smarter than all of us and his degree already had him in a job that will make more money than any of us in our entire lives.

• Deadeye
    edited June 2020

Beneath that, "I have real life" is pretty much an insult to start with. And like hobbies are not part of real life 🙄

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

Ur using frenzy on someone who is already injured ######### is wrong with you?

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

Who do that?

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

In order to dead hard, you have to be injured, so if he stabs you with feral frenzy again, you won't we downed and legion will probably be stunned.