Smiles and Tears (Chapter Concept)

Options
Dabihwow
Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
edited August 2020 in Creations

Introduction: This is my second fan made chapter in which delves into one of my favorite subjects that involves horror, circuses. Now I know we already have a killer clown, but I assure you this is not another clown but something else. SO lets get started. Also please, please, please give me some feedback, last time I created a fan made chapter I didn't get as much feedback as I would've liked, so if you can give me your thoughts it would be greatly appreciated, without further ado lets begin

Description: People gather all around the circus, to watch some of the greatest feats, oddities, and performances. To the see the bright colorful lights and shows, to laugh, and cry, to feel, and to enjoy comfort. But under all that joy and scent of peanuts, behind the curtains hides a sinister secret, broken souls, angry souls. People who were broken by life, who were born different, and shunned by society, freaks. The pain inflicted grows and soon violence manifests and once out, it'll destroy the happiness, and the joy that was created to mask the pain shall shatter.

New map: Luis's show of great wonders/ the big top tent: Welcome to Luis's show of great wonders, it is here where joy is birthed. Filled with rides big and small, carnival games where everyone is a winner, mirrors that create illusions far and great, but most of all the big top tent where you can watch of the most jaw dropping performances. This place is the greatest and most joyous place on earth. At least that's what it once was, now stained with blood and dirt, now rotten, abandoned, and forgotten. IT stands as a twisted reminder of those who suffered here and died. But in the darkness an evil waits hides for guests to come and endure the torture and pain inflicted upon him.

New killer: The Freakshow. A freaky killer, able to inflict fear and effect the survivors ability to cooperate and eventually break their will and manuver quickly around, using his power Circus tricks he can either use Phineas's box or Luis's whip. his personal perks Animal Tamer, Twisted rage, and laughing matter which allows him to punish failed skilled checks and cancel out loops.

Main power: Circus tricks/ The Freakshow has many tools and addons that he can use at his disposal, he can either be a quick and mobile killer, and a sneaky killer, surprising and catching his victims off guard with his traps. He can use both if he wanted.

Power1: Phineas's box: Through out his time Phineas was prestige craftsman, crafting little toys and trinkets to pass the time before the next show, he uses the best a jack in a box toy to surprise those unknowingly, while looking down the Freakshow places a jack in a box trap. If a survivor is 2 meters away from the trap, it will jump out scaring the survivor, revealing their location, and they suffer the oblivious status effect for 45 seconds.

Power2: Luis's whip: Phineas was not only for display but he also had to perform daring stunts of trapeze, and one of the lessons he was taught was how to use a whip, by looking at a ledge high from the ground The Freakshow latches onto the ledge and launches him towards its position however he has a max of 6 charge before he needs to roll up the whip to use it once more

Killer Perks:

Animal Tamer: Through your time you learned how best to deal with 'animals' and slip ups. If a survivor fails a skill check outside of your terror radius the next hit you deal will inflict the exhausted status effect for 15 seconds. can only be used every 30/20/10 seconds

" Some things you just can't avoid, and sometimes there are some you could, but didn't. Either way there are consequences for 'em boy"- Louis

Twisted rage: The feeling of your prey escaping punishment fuels you, the next time you are either stunned by a pallet, blinded by either a flashlight or firecracker, or lose a survivor in a chase will call upon the entity to block pallets 20/30/40 meters away making them unusable and unable to cross for 30 seconds, perk can only be used every 45/40/35 seconds

" Shut up, stop laughing please stop, shut up, shut up, SHUT THE F*CK UP!" - Phineas Fredrickson

Laughing Matter: You become obsessed with one survivor when in a chase if your obsession performs a fast vault they immediatly call upon the entity to block that vault location for 12 seconds, making it unable to be vaulted for survivors, can only block one vault location at a time ,can only be obsessed with one survivor.

" You can't run from whats behind you cause it always catches up, believe me I've tried."-Phineas Fredrickson.

Mori: The Freakshow goes to the survivor to kill him or her but the survivor stuggles and tries to run but with his whip he lashes to their feet and drags them to him and with his cane will repeatably bash their heads and body. His strikes grow faster as it goes on laughing hysterically while at it and then stops and continues killing the survivors.

Appearence: (Since I am no artist here is how I'll describe him for you): He wears a block top hat, wears a mask to hide his disfigured face, the mask covers everything except his teeth has a large grin his teeth are monstrous and bloodied. He wears a colorful ringmaster tail coat and has shackles that used to chain him, he wears black pants and boots. His cane has the skull of Louis upon it. The rest I want you to decide, (one final note he has white eyes.)

Survivor: Hope Jefferson: A peculiar yet kind-hearted artist able to spread hope and joy to survivors and be able to know of the killers presence. Her personal perks are Animal eyes, Scraps and patches, and We are together.

Survivor Perks

Animal eyes: You have always been keen to projects, so much so that it gives you a grand edge. The killer now leaves scratch marks that can only be seen while having the perk. the scratch marks disappear 20/15/10 percent faster than killer scratch marks.

" Don't go that way, the beast is there." - Hope Jefferson

Scraps and patches: During your time creating costumes of fur and fluff, you learned how to squeeze in the little things. when fully healed a survivor you immediately gain a token up to a maximum of 2/3/4, the next time your healing a survivor you spend a token giving it to them, the next time they fail a skillcheck they do not regress or cause a loud noise notifying the killer, token is consumed after failed skill check

" We've made mistakes, but that doesn't always mean something bad comes out of them." - Hope Jefferson

We are together: You've learned that no matter what we are were all one, friends, and family. When a survivor is hooked, the perk activates for 60 seconds you immediatly gain the haste status effect for 5 seconds, you unhook faster, and apply to the unhooked survivor the haste status for 5 seconds. Perk can only be activated every 60/50/40 seconds after use.

" No matter where or what we came from it doesn't matter, what matters is that we are together, a pack, and that's something that this evil can't break." - Hope Jefferson

Appearance:( I Personally didn't put as much thought into this one but here is what I had in mind) She has short black hair and green eyes, she is petite in shape. Wears tight cotton pants, and she has a beautiful face around her early twenties, she is mixed as well both African American and white.-(Sorry that's all I could think of , mostly to let your imagination run wild, but there is something very special about her, I've left clues within her perk description : ) )

Conclusion: This was a project in which I wanted to finish for a long while and I am proud to say I have nearly completed it, the only thing that is left is the lore, in which will explain these characters and finally complete the project. I am still writing it for survivor and killer so I'll let you know when that is done. But I'll be nice and give you some hints and say there were smiles and tears on both sides. Some more tears the other more smiles. This also to go back and delve into the circus theme again for the game, I would love to see them do an actual circus themed chapter, with an actual theme park map. The survivor is to also open up culturally in a unique way, while the killer was to represent that under all that stardom, fame, and even pleasures for the audience, there is an aching pain on the inside that breaks you. One thing that I will allow is fan art for this chapter if you wish, you don't have to but I am interested to see your interpretation to what I had in mind, and please share your opinions, I really would like feedback please and thank you.

Thanks for reading, and all your support and I will see you in the Fog.

Post edited by Dabihwow on

Comments

• Dabihwow
    Options

I understand this is a bit long to read but it be very helpful to at least get some form of feedback

• Kate_cx
    Kate_cx Member Posts: 181
    Options

Nice concept but I believe this is supposed to go in the 'Share your work - Creations' section. @MandyTalk Might be able to move it there.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,565
    Options

moved it for you, thanks @Kate_cx for the tag!

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,565
    Options

I will read it later @Dabihwow doing too many things at once right now, and I want to be able to focus on it <3

• Dabihwow
    Options

Anyway what are your guys thoughts

• Wamps
    Wamps Member Posts: 308
    Options

Hey Dabi! I think this is great! I hear so many people saying we don't need another "Clown" In DBD.. The way you've describe Phineas, he doesn't sound or feel like a clown at all, which is a good thing! I also love the lore and story.. The Perks for him are also very different, we don't have a pallet blocking perk yet so this could be a great one!

The same goes for Hope, The one negative which isn't big at all is maybe change her last name. I saw "denton" and I thought of Kate "Denson" instantly..

Her perks are also very unique and very cool. I love all of them but really enjoy "Scrap and Patches"

With Phineas' power for me I feel Pig/Ghostface with a mix of Pyramidhead.. Really intriguing an interesting.. as you sorta let the player decide which power to take into the game for him..

Great work! Keep it up! šŸ˜Ž

• Dabihwow
    Options

thx man I am currently working on writing the lore and its a sad one

• Wamps
    Options
  • CuteLittleAngel
    CuteLittleAngel Member Posts: 12
    Options

I really like the idea. I don't think having another killer with a circus theme would be bad at all. I mean we have Rin and her ancestor The Oni soooo. I like the idea of a killer with two kinda of play styles so you can either go on or the other or use both together for more devastation.

I also love Hope, I love how she is an artist and since I'm one too I really think her perks would work so well with my survivor play style.

I would actually like to ask you something @Dabihwow

I'd kinda like to make sketches of these two. At least the killer if you would like some help on it. I just kinda need a bit more info. I don't want to just guess to much on whats your brain child.

• Dabihwow
    Options

Oh sure that's totally cool so Phineas he is this skinny sorta guy ( not as skinny as hag kinda like hillbilly but a bit skinnier skinny), he wears a black top hat that has a red ring around it his face is slim and almost handsome even, but due to his deformity he always appears like he smiling, and his teeth are sharp almost inhuman. So he wears a skintight leather mask that almost covers his entire face to hide his true face. It almost looks like a mask from a masquerade , but colorful and on his eyes are streams of blood resembling tears streaked across his face. His eyes are white like Wraith or Billy. He wears a ringmaster coat like clowns except not as tight fitted(obviously) and more colorful like theres blood drawn upon it, its crimson red and gold. his black pants are ripped on one side by like a wild circus animal, lion maybe. There also cuffs upon him which represents the sad side of his story but I'll keep it a secret for now. His boots are colorful like red and white excpet they are torn away and bandaged up. His arms follow up his coat there at cuffs and broken chains on them. on his left arm which is where his whip looks similar to Indiana jones's his weapon is this club and has this skull attached to it which is that of Louis the ringmaster. It actually is like a club that can be wielded with one hand so not too big, his boxes are actually are a rustic take on the common jack in a box toy but when the thing comes out its probably as tall as a survivor. I hope that is enough and I would like to see what you come up with

• Dabihwow
    Options

As a reminder guys thank you, thank you, and thank you for the support it really helps

• Dabihwow
    Options

The lore is finally finished for the killer go and have a look

• Wamps
    Options

Great Lore Dabi! Well done!

• Dabihwow
    Options

WHich one did you like the most, the killer or the survivor.

• Wamps
    Options

It's close for me, but I always find killer more interesting just because of how dark they usually are.. Phineas is a bit more interesting to me

• Dabihwow
    Options

Here is concept art for The Freakshow/Phineas Fredrickson. It was created by @CuteLittleAngel. So all the credit for the design of this character and artwork belongs to her she is a dear friend of mind and haven't heard from her for quite a while. So show some love for her also i am currently working on addons for the chapter after almost a month ago from this creation of this chapter. Thank you all

https://gyazo.com/fd697ae5bd1200ce8bae8dda90be9c99

• Dabihwow
    Options

Well I'm revisiting an old chapter concept, you know I never got the final product of @CuteLittleAngel's drawing of Phineas Fredrickson/The Freakshow, let alone seen her on the forums, I wonder what happened to her?