Yung Slug's Survivor Perk Tier List

Options

Notes:

• Spine Chill is amazing as it helps every aspect of gameplay. You get killer detection, action speed bonuses, and faster vault speed during chases all in one perk. I originally put it in top tier, but had to move it down because of the logo.
  • I mostly play solo survivor but I did try to take SWF in consideration (For solo only, I don't think Adrenaline would be top tier).
  • The "Mettle of Man" tier came with the template.
  • I have used some perks a lot more than others. I may not have used some perks enough to accurately judge them, but I was usually confident enough to place them in a tier.
  • Perks like Windows and Technician are okay for new survivors or maybe even new maps in the case of Windows, but I'm judging them based on experienced survivors.
  • The order of perks in each tier generally has no significance (though I did put open handed and spine chill first in their respective tiers due to personal preference).

Comments

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

I would definitely put sole survivor in the "No" category. Imo it's literally the worst perk in the game next to boil over and buckle up.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

It's alright with OoO, especially against Freddy. Situational, but it at least does something.

• bLoodSLoth97
    bLoodSLoth97 Member Posts: 29
    Options

You've made a mistake with placing the pebble so low. The council will decide your fate.

• NoMithertime
    NoMithertime Member Posts: 2
    Options

How is ace in the hole better then self heal?

• Yung_Slug
    Options

Ace in the hole not only gets you good add-ons but you also get to keep the add-ons when you escape with your item.

Self care is pretty bad though. You waste a lot of time, especially with anti-heal perks like sloppy. There are plenty of other perks that can help you get healed much more quickly than SC. Because it is outclassed by other perks that can serve the same purpose or even a medkit, I don't think it deserves a very high spot.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580
    Options

Windows is ridiculously underrated, for solo play it will tell you if you are running into a deadzone and what pallets your fellow survivors have already wasted.

For swf it is a wasted perk though.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Too low: WoO, Iron Will, Saboteur, Dance With Me, Alert, Q&Q, Self Care, Urban Evasion

Too high: Any Means Necessary, Inner Strength, Prove Thyself, Detective's Hunch, Ace in the Hole, Solidarity

Other than that everything's at least reasonably close to where I'd have it.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

Some of my personal favorite perks that don't get enough love are Windows and Break Out. A wiggle out with Break Out can have such huge value when you can deny a whole hook state from happening. Just need to know when to go in for it and when not to.

Windows has made looping/running quite optimal (especially in indoor maps). Also helps with preventing to create dead zones for the team. Those are my thoughts in it anyway.

Pretty well thought out list 😄 I like the notes you have put down to explain some of the reasons on why you placed certain perks in the categories.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

Try out Deja Vu. For the longest time I wrote it off as a ######### tier noob perk- hell I know where the gens are!!!

But for kicks I tried it out and was blown away. Sure it's not the best perk in the game, but it prevents one of the most common fail states - getting 3 gen'd. Everyone can find another gen to go to, but you can't just instantly find the MOST IMPORTANT gen to work on. Just by myself in solo queue I could force a 3 gen where two of them were on opposite ends of the map, which almost always led to an escape. If I was in 4 man squad, I'd make sure 1 person had this perk and we could guarantee never getting 3 gen'd.

• Yung_Slug
    Options

I'll consider giving it a try, but at this point I usually know the maps well enough to figure out where potential 3-gens are. I almost always pay close attention to which gens need to be done and I don't usually have problems with that.

• Yung_Slug
    Options

I use it on new maps, but once I learn where the loops and deadzones are I don't really need it. Knowing which pallets get used up is nice, but Alert can do that while also letting you know where the killer is. Perks like Bond and Empathy can also tell you which pallets get used up if you're watching your fellow survivors closely. And you can also just look around as you run across the map between gens.

• Yung_Slug
    Options

I wasn't expecting such an old tier list to blow up. I'll consider updating it soon.