Want to make a bet that the Spirit's perks will get nerfed?

Options
2»

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Soren said:

@powerbats said:

@Soren said:

He's not OP, but okay. People claimed the same thing about Hag: "She's already top tier, she will be even more OP on god Hag".

Spoiler: she is not. She is more versatile, more rewarding. But in the end it's not like by miracle we all became 5 blinks Nurse. It raised the skill ceil and made survivors more tactical when it comes to play against the Hag.

You've never played against really skilled Freddy's and hag's have you? I always played more tactical agains't Hag even before her rework.

I think I know one thing or two about playing the Hag...........

Regarding Freddy, my point remains the same: he doesn't reward you for the skills you put into him. Unless you believe Leatherface without his chainsaw is OP. Freddy has potential, but currently, his power hinders you more than anything.

Look at @DocOctober response, he's underpowered yes but in the hands of someone who knows how to play him he's a beast. The same is true for Bubba, Hag is really good now but even before her rework the masters were destructive with her.

There's people both on the forum and streamers who're rank 1 Freddy's and who get 3-4k every game. some went to rank 1 perkless while others didn't, but they all used him to his fullest potential. They didn't play him like everyone wants to play him is the difference.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Survivors cried a LOT about B&C: Didn't get nerfed.
    I'm not betting anything, these devs are weird.

• Freddykreuger
    Freddykreuger Member Posts: 23
    Options

@Countfunkular said:
    You know what I'm going to take this bet that it won't get nerfed. To be honest they didn't change the Clown. Even though survivors cried a little they didn't change the Clown

And yet they succumbed to the freddy haters

• Freddykreuger
    Freddykreuger Member Posts: 23
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    The devs are aware of Survivors lobbying against changes, especially regarding upcoming Freddy buffs, for which they suddenly claim that he's actually a strong Killer and doesn't need any. The learnt from past experiences.

I my (opinion) he can be powerful " in the right hands"

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I can't wait to use Rancor on Freddy with BW, BBQ, and Nurse's. It's basically a baby Bitter Murmur (which is already good for him) with the added bonus of letting you ignore the obsession all game and then get a one hit and mori on them at the end game. As long as you never put them to sleep they can't see your aura.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

@Hellbilly said:

@Boss said:

But they did nerf Franklin's. Originally, if you used your killer power like the chainsaw or Huntress' hatchets it would count and they'd drop the item. They changed that after about a week or so. Then they introduced a bug where if you hooked them you could hit them to take away their items. It took them about a month to fix that bug, sadly.

Yeah, i am aware of that, been playing since the beta.
    And that's why i said these devs are weird.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Hellbilly said:

@thesuicidefox said:
    I can't wait to use Rancor on Freddy with BW, BBQ, and Nurse's. It's basically a baby Bitter Murmur (which is already good for him) with the added bonus of letting you ignore the obsession all game and then get a one hit and mori on them at the end game. As long as you never put them to sleep they can't see your aura.

I think Bitter Murmur is good on every Killer. Being able to know just how many are on a gen and where they are is invaluable. Having a slightly nerfed version of that but being able to just murder one of them is going to be a big.

And that's why I have the suspicion that it will be nerfed.

Considering just how loudly Survivors cry about the Killers having any kind of power it's a real 50/50 if nerfs will happen. They cried enough that the Hatch Close never made it out of PTB. Survivor ######### would rather have an endless stand off to spite the Killer rather then the damn thing gets closed and force them into doing something.

They said hatch is ptb only before hand, so yeh. Also bittur murmor isn't meta enough to be considered for nerfing.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Hellbilly said:

@thesuicidefox said:

I think Bitter Murmur is good on every Killer. Being able to know just how many are on a gen and where they are is invaluable. Having a slightly nerfed version of that but being able to just murder one of them is going to be a big.

Considering just how loudly Survivors cry about the Killers having any kind of power it's a real 50/50 if nerfs will happen. They cried enough that the Hatch Close never made it out of PTB. Survivor ######### would rather have an endless stand off to spite the Killer rather then the damn thing gets closed and force them into doing something.

They said hatch is ptb only before hand, so yeh. Also bittur murmor isn't meta enough to be considered for nerfing.

I’m sure there is some bitter survivors murmuring about it being OP.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Hellbilly said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Actually a good one guy
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Boss said:

Actually, BBQ got nerfed. They changed the aura reading color to make it harder to see survivors. 
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Hellbilly said:

@Tsulan said:
    Boss said:

Actually, BBQ got nerfed. They changed the aura reading color to make it harder to see survivors. 

Indirectly nerfed. Just like how the Tinkerer change was an indirect buff for the chainsaw killers and everyone except Huntress.

I'm curious on how many people are still using tinkerer.
  • powerbats
    Options

@Tsulan said:

I'm curious on how many people are still using tinkerer.

Actually a lot of Billy's and even some other killers are besides the obvious ones.

• powerbats
    Options

@Hellbilly said:

Tinkerer is a good substitute if you don't have BBQ on your Killer.

I've got it on some killers and it's funny using it with BBQ as well or BBQ and Bitter Murmur. I wonder how evil all 3 together would be?

• Tsulan
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Hellbilly said:

Tinkerer is a good substitute if you don't have BBQ on your Killer.

I've got it on some killers and it's funny using it with BBQ as well or BBQ and Bitter Murmur. I wonder how evil all 3 together would be?

That would be probably overkill... But i´ll try it anyway ;)

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Soren said:

@powerbats said:

@Soren said:

He's not OP, but okay. People claimed the same thing about Hag: "She's already top tier, she will be even more OP on god Hag".

Spoiler: she is not. She is more versatile, more rewarding. But in the end it's not like by miracle we all became 5 blinks Nurse. It raised the skill ceil and made survivors more tactical when it comes to play against the Hag.

You've never played against really skilled Freddy's and hag's have you? I always played more tactical agains't Hag even before her rework.

I think I know one thing or two about playing the Hag...........

Regarding Freddy, my point remains the same: he doesn't reward you for the skills you put into him. Unless you believe Leatherface without his chainsaw is OP. Freddy has potential, but currently, his power hinders you more than anything.

Look at @DocOctober response, he's underpowered yes but in the hands of someone who knows how to play him he's a beast. The same is true for Bubba, Hag is really good now but even before her rework the masters were destructive with her.

There's people both on the forum and streamers who're rank 1 Freddy's and who get 3-4k every game. some went to rank 1 perkless while others didn't, but they all used him to his fullest potential. They didn't play him like everyone wants to play him is the difference.

My point about Hag is that she is not "overpowerful". She now rewards you like she should. If you didn't get it earlier, I'm a Hag main since one year.

Yeah, yeah, I know someone who is godlike at Freddy. But thing is, he would destroy with every killer. His Nurse games don't end more than a couple of minutes. Yet, he can still lose a lot with Freddy, not because of his skills that can't be matched, but because his power barely helps you for the efforts you put into. He NEEDS a huge buff. His concept is not bad, though, he just has sooooo many counters, and the fact the most popular survivor perk (Self Care) is the best way to defeat a Freddy who tries to split the pressure is just silly. Remove SC counter, and boom - already mid-tier killer.

And no, the same can't be said about Leatherface. I'm sorry but even with his old combo Tinkerer + 2 fast charges it was really hard to pull out a chainsaw against efficient chasers, because of the huge number of pallets and windows. The godlike Leatherface I knew was essentially a godlike M1 killer who happens to be a fan of the movie. Kinda sad that a killer that was supposed to be deadly in chase on release, ended up being only good at facecamping.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

@Hellbilly said:

@Boss said:

But they did nerf Franklin's. Originally, if you used your killer power like the chainsaw or Huntress' hatchets it would count and they'd drop the item. They changed that after about a week or so. Then they introduced a bug where if you hooked them you could hit them to take away their items. It took them about a month to fix that bug, sadly.

They nerfed it before release, too. It was announced to remove 25% of the charge (aka, 4 hits to destroy an item) and ended up removing 10% of the charge (10 hits to destroy an item). That's a pretty huge nerf.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Hellbilly said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Actually a good one guy

Yeah its good. But I’m better!