When you are last survivour. What do you do?

Buttercake
Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

A. Try for Hatch. Then Exit gates.

B. Try for Hatch. If Killers finds it first: Do other actions like brake totems, til the timer runs out.

C. Try for Hatch. If Killer finds it first: hide (because you are scared or wont give killer satisfaction of hooking you)

D. Dont bother with hatch or Exit Gates, just do totems and open chests until timer runs out.

E. Hide until timer runs out.

F. Other (explain)

B or D for me.

If I have Calm Spirit running I'll run around hoping to find hatch (I hate alerting birds, otherwise) otherwise, I try to find totems for extra BP.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

A, B or D.

C & E sound boring, and i got no F...'s to give HUEHUEHUE!

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

*runs wake-up*

Really is an underrated perk.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
  • MortisCarnifex
    MortisCarnifex Member Posts: 41

Always A and rarely B. I didn't play the game just to hide until the entity breaks my back lol

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Depends on the killer and the Exit gate placements and if I already know where the hatch is and if the killer already knows and... too many variables. I do pretty much all the above mentioned.

and if I have a „open gate with char“ daily, I will have Wake Up! equipped and will under all circumstances try to get a gate open. If killer is dangerously near and I can’t open I try to gesture that I only want the gate and tun to a hook if they let me

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

Stay near a door, start opening it and stop when it reaches the letter E. Wait for the killer to come check said door, open it and escape.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

A most of the time, I'd rather make an honest effort for those 5000 points I won't be getting otherwise.

C only when the killer has been a truly poor example of camping/tunneling (and I say this as someone who plays killer more and straight up enjoys killer more). Bonus points if I was never hooked all game.

• thottiepippen
    thottiepippen Member Posts: 98

If they camp the gate, I'm not giving them the kill. I'd rather bow to the entity :D

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

When I’m the last survivor I usually just point to a hook so the killer can end me😀.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

A, B, or F/Accept my fate and take it like a man

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

A.

Or if the Gates are within LOS of each other I just give myself up.

• ChelseaFreaky
    ChelseaFreaky Member Posts: 16

Normally, I just do A. If they find me at the door and down me that's fine but at least I tried to get out. I rather have the game over so might as well let them hook me. They get the same points if end game takes me or if I get hooked so it's meh. Sometimes I will have the killer chase me at the door if I get caught just to make some more points for both of us. I rather just get it over so I can get to the next match most of the time though.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

Yeah I've been running Hope/Wake Up/Spine Chills/Iron Will for some end game fun and i've honestly been able to open the gates quite a bit of times thanks to the perks.

Duo'd with my younger brother and during one of these moments he was spectating me after he died and was like "what the #########, how are you opening the gates so fast?".

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Depends on a lot of stuff.

For example, on some maps I'll just wait by an exit gate because I know the killer is hunting for the hatch, so I just get out that way. The Game, especially.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

If the exit gates are on opposite sides, I do my best and not get caught and wait for the beating of the killer's terror radius to leave then I open the door.

But 99% of the time, the gates are 2 feet from each other so I go to the basement and run around until the Entity plows me.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I try the door too, if they find me I get as much of a chase as I can

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Depends on the situation. If it is a high mobility Killer and the gates are close to one another and they find hatch? I will vault spam so they could get it over with.

Otherwise, I will try to find hatch, search chests for keys, or sneakily open the door when spinechill lets me know the killer left.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I can't pick just one because it is situational, so A or B. I always try to locate hatch, but if the doors spawn close together and/or it is a fast moving killer like Spirit, Nurse or Billy I will just do totems and chests for points, or if those are all done I run in a circle in the basement for basement time points. If it is a slower killer and the doors are a good distance I will try to open a door and head out.

• ActulCasul
    ActulCasul Member Posts: 178

F. Find hatch, fast vault nearby and when the killer shows up dc

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,820
    edited June 2020

A or F. Usually I try for hatch, and if that fails try for a gate. My typical strategy is to open one exit gate just enough to light one of the bulbs, then run to the other exit and open that one fully. It works a lot actually, unless it's a killer with insane detection, like a Doctor or someone with Whispers.

If I have reason to doubt my strategy will work (e.g. the exit gates are right next to one another), then I'll zoom around the map opening whatever chests I can and hope I find a key.

• dollidahlia
    dollidahlia Member Posts: 343

F i stand by the exit gates first. Let the killer close the hatch and i leave by gate. Works depending on how far the gates are

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

Depends on the situation; which map is it, doors close together or not, what killer is it, the perks I have, did I spot the hatch earlier...

-I like camping an exit gate switch so I can immediately open it and escape when the hatch is closed. Sometimes I open it till the letter e so the light won't show that I touched it, then hide till the killer checks it and open it when he has left. Spine chill comes in clutch if the doors are close together.

-I also like searching chests with plunderers instinct for a key while keeping an eye on the area the killer is in so I can reopen the hatch after it's closed.

-If I get spotted I'll try for an around the map chase so I can look for hatch.

I almost never search for the hatch without having an idea where it's at because the killer is likely to either spot you or finds it first since their mobility is better. I always try to get out and not give an easy 4k because I like the challenge of 1vs1.

• Siberia
    Siberia Member Posts: 353

I go for the hatch and then the exit if killer finds hatch first.

If the killer shows up at the exit, I try to ask for mercy by repeat crouching and nodding. Sometimes it works, other times they shake their head at me lol

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

A or B if I have a challenge.

• RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

When im the last survivor I try to get hatch and if the killer closes it I will make noise so the kiler finds me. He earned the 4k at this moment. (If it was a hardcore camper i try to get through the exit gates still)

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

Whatever I can do to survive! The only exception is if the Killer has face-camped and hit all survivors for 1 hooks, in which case I hide - I won't give them the satisfaction of my corpse being harpooned.

Then again, if that happened, I'd seriously have to question what the smeg I was doing all that time whilst The Killer was basically doing nothing and re-evaluate my entire stratedgy.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,312
    edited June 2020

I try to get hatch, and if that gets closed and the gates didn't spawn in such a way that the killer can stand on a hill and look at them both I try to get a gate. Open it until it's juuust about to get the first light lit up, wait for the killer to check the gate and then go for it. Works quite well.

Unless they have Whispers. In that case it's a "Guess I'll die" situation if they have any idea about how the perk works.

If the gates are a no-go and the hatch is closed I might try my luck on a chest. You never know, it could have a key in it.

If all else fails I either just run up to the killer to let them decide what they want to do, or run up to them to get one last chase started. Depending on what I feel like doing.