The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone else think clown needs a speed nerf?

13»

Answers

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited September 2018

@kingreaps said:
    ZombieGenesis said:

And yet the game has still shed 30% of its player base in the last 2 months. At least on the PC based on steam numbers. His "speed" is no greater than that of any other killer standard speed killer. But, yeah, let the nerfing begin for those easy wins, right?

But do anyother killers have gass to slow you down to 85 speed? And any other killer has counters like u can counter the chainsaw with walls and windows and trapper traps are one of the easiest things to counter hatchets are easy to counter what's the counter for his gass not a wall ur at 85 speed not a window instant slow vault not a pallet insta slow vault please tell me a counter to it

“Does literally any other killer besides nurse have blinks!?” No. And that’s how it should be.

• kingreaps
    kingreaps Member Posts: 41
    kingreaps said:
    He’s fine the way he is. 

Speaking of exploits though, I had a clown the other day who used his bottle throwing stance to wedge himself practically inside survivors on the hook. It ended up having the equivalent effect of old school facecamping before MD hooks, so nobody could get saved. That nonsense better get patched soon. 

(And yes, survivor exploits need to gtfo too)

edit: my autocorrect sh!t the bed
    Explain how he's fine I've given multiple reasons why he should be nerfed but no wants to say any reasons on why he's fine other then if u nerf his speed his powers useless when his power slows you down and he's 115 speed and doesn't need something to slow you down when he can keep up with you with out his gass with his gass it's just to redicules 

Everyone has given you a [BAD WORD] billion reasons hes balanced but you decided to dismiss it all using "toxic/entitled main" which is not an argument but just this games version of Godwins Law.

At this point i will just ask you to print out your stupid thread and attach it to your application for disability allowance cause that way you didnt waste your time on this forum.
    So give me some reasons bc not a single person has given me a valid reason Mr internet smart ass

• kingreaps
    kingreaps said:
    He’s fine the way he is. 

Speaking of exploits though, I had a clown the other day who used his bottle throwing stance to wedge himself practically inside survivors on the hook. It ended up having the equivalent effect of old school facecamping before MD hooks, so nobody could get saved. That nonsense better get patched soon. 

Explain how he's fine I've given multiple reasons why he should be nerfed but no wants to say any reasons on why he's fine other then if u nerf his speed his powers useless when his power slows you down and he's 115 speed and doesn't need something to slow you down when he can keep up with you with out his gass with his gass it's just to redicules 

Everyone has given you a [BAD WORD] billion reasons hes balanced but you decided to dismiss it all using "toxic/entitled main" which is not an argument but just this games version of Godwins Law.

At this point i will just ask you to print out your stupid thread and attach it to your application for disability allowance cause that way you didnt waste your time on this forum.
    Give me some examples Mr internet smart ass please I'd love to hear how he so balanced 
  • kingreaps
    Iceman said:
    kingreaps said:
    He’s fine the way he is. 

Clown is my second favorite killer that I like to play as. I tend to get average of two kills on good days. There are days where all survivors escape or I am lucky enough to get a 4K kill. 

The clown doesn’t need a nerf because his bottles need to be thrown at perfect timing. You can counter the clown bottles when he throws them in an open field. Also if two of my bottles do not hit the survivor then I have to try to regain my steps so I can get a hit on a survivor. It is very important to not misuse your bottle because it can become a long chase when a survivor loops you. 

The only smart time for a clown to reload his bottle is when by pallets or after hooking a survivor. Other than it wouldn’t be so smart. 

The clown needs to at least get one hook before two gens pop otherwise it will be a challenging game for the clown. 

There are plenty of ways to outplay a killer, you shouldn’t depend on always running. You can take risk by trying to juke killer or 360. I was able to juke a clown for the duration of the last gen being done. 

You say clown always get 4K, I would love to see at least 5gameplay screenshots of you playing as the clown. And I would prefer if you are below rank 10

Thank u some one with actual reasons but even with all those reasons I still think he needs a speed nerf and play style for different killers it's play style for maps bc there are times where I have juked the clown and 360 but Evan if u do that he's right back on your ass and can u guess why? His speed
  • kingreaps
    Jack11803 said:

@kingreaps said:
    ZombieGenesis said:

And yet the game has still shed 30% of its player base in the last 2 months. At least on the PC based on steam numbers. His "speed" is no greater than that of any other killer standard speed killer. But, yeah, let the nerfing begin for those easy wins, right?

But do anyother killers have gass to slow you down to 85 speed? And any other killer has counters like u can counter the chainsaw with walls and windows and trapper traps are one of the easiest things to counter hatchets are easy to counter what's the counter for his gass not a wall ur at 85 speed not a window instant slow vault not a pallet insta slow vault please tell me a counter to it

“Does literally any other killer besides nurse have blinks!?” No. And that’s how it should be.

Your right but 115 speed can easily catch 85 speed from running around the wall the window is on and can easily catch u even after breaking a pallet bc u stay at 85 speed for 2 min and he has ad-ons the make the time longer so he might as well have the blink ability with 115 speed
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

@kingreaps said:
    Jack11803 said:

@kingreaps said:

ZombieGenesis said:

Your right but 115 speed can easily catch 85 speed from running around the wall the window is on and can easily catch u even after breaking a pallet bc u stay at 85 speed for 2 min and he has ad-ons the make the time longer so he might as well have the blink ability with 115 speed

• kingreaps
    blue4zion said:

@kingreaps said:
    Jack11803 said:

@kingreaps said:

ZombieGenesis said:

Your right but 115 speed can easily catch 85 speed from running around the wall the window is on and can easily catch u even after breaking a pallet bc u stay at 85 speed for 2 min and he has ad-ons the make the time longer so he might as well have the blink ability with 115 speedblue4zion said:

@kingreaps said:
    Jack11803 said:

@kingreaps said:

ZombieGenesis said:

• kingreaps
    blue4zion said:

@kingreaps said:
    Jack11803 said:

@kingreaps said:

ZombieGenesis said:

Lol what u putting a gif for? Bc I just stated valed information that windows and pllets don't even help bc 115 speed against 85 speed 

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

@kingreaps said:
    blue4zion said:

@kingreaps said:

Jack11803 said:

@kingreaps said:

ZombieGenesis said:

Lol what u putting a gif for? Bc I just stated valed information that windows and pllets don't even help bc 115 speed against 85 speed 

Gif?!?!?!
    hElLo????

• kingreaps

People give him a ton of reasons...
    Give me reasons! Wah!

Ton of reason like what use windows and pallets don't get cought in open filds that a ton of reasons for sure dude 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@kingreaps said:
    Jack11803 said:

@kingreaps said:

ZombieGenesis said:

I get it, I’d be scared too if AN ABSOLUTE UNIT was barreling down on me.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

I'm just gonna leave this here.

• SeasonedHunter
    SeasonedHunter Member Posts: 18

If you see clown go stealth. If clown spots you go to pallet or window. If he throughs a bottle to cut of your loop go to another one. If you get caught in the open with nothing around why should he not hit you? Also stop complaining about the bottle causing slow vaults. The clown has to hit you at the right time to cause that so he deserves that hit. Come to think of it you must hate Doctor too yes? After all his power stops that vault altogether. But you didn't lose to a Doctor before raging on here so he doesn't need a speed nerf right?

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    kingreaps said:
    blue4zion said:

Thats a png, not a gif.
  • kingreaps

If you see clown go stealth. If clown spots you go to pallet or window. If he throughs a bottle to cut of your loop go to another one. If you get caught in the open with nothing around why should he not hit you? Also stop complaining about the bottle causing slow vaults. The clown has to hit you at the right time to cause that so he deserves that hit. Come to think of it you must hate Doctor too yes? After all his power stops that vault altogether. But you didn't lose to a Doctor before raging on here so he doesn't need a speed nerf right?

I really find it funny how that all people say is go to a window or pallet if he get u with a bottle go to another one but do u not realize that he as no cool down in-between bottles so he can just spam them has no penalty to stopping the reloaded his speed is just the topping on the cake
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Oh yea… he can totally "spam" 4 bottles, before he needs to reload facepalm

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited September 2018
    I'm not arguing that he's difficult to play against, simply he's a well-balanced mid-tier killer . He is a base speed killer that can slow people for his power and direct the chase. not stronger than Billy and nurse's power. Does not excel at canceling stealth like doc. And you keep coming back to 115 movement speed versus the Survivor affected speed but that's not accurate for the entire chasing as the speed debuff only last a short period of time so unless you're being consistently hit with every bottle you are not in a constant state of slow movement.. on top of this all killers are faster than you simply because one has a slowing power does not mean he is broken or unbalanced. You also mentioned pallets and Windows; how they're unusable which is strange because his power is meant to discourage you from using those. how odd Right?
  • kingreaps
    Wolf74 said:

Lol ad-ons that can give I'm more and yeah he can he can spam all 4 in one area or how ever many the ad-ons give him
  • kingreaps
    I'm not arguing that he's difficult to play against, simply he's a well-balanced mid-tier killer . He is a base speed killer that can slow people for his power and direct the chase. not stronger than Billy and nurse's power. Does not excel at canceling stealth like doc. And you keep coming back to 115 movement speed versus the Survivor affected speed but that's not accurate for the entire chasing as the speed debuff only last a short period of time so unless you're being consistently hit with every bottle you are not in a constant state of slow movement.. on top of this all killers are faster than you simply because one has a slowing power does not mean he is broken or unbalanced. You also mentioned pallets and Windows; how they're unusable which is strange because his power is meant to discourage you from using those. how odd Right?
    Ad-ons how odd that all people say just use pallets and windows but u absolutely right on the fact that he discourges you to use them so if u can't really do anything with them how do u counter him 

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@kingreaps said:
    Ad-ons how odd that all people say just use pallets and windows but u absolutely right on the fact that he discourges you to use them so if u can't really do anything with them how do u counter him 

Mindgames, stealth, running sooner rather than later, there are a lot of options available.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@kingreaps said:
    Wolf74 said:

Lol ad-ons that can give I'm more and yeah he can he can spam all 4 in one area or how ever many the ad-ons give him

Oh sure, that is like Huntress "spamming" her insta hatchets with a ultra rare belt add on.
    Yea… sure… ^^

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited September 2018
    kingreaps said:

Can't speak for everyone and can't say this will absolutely work for you but here's my counter to dealing with the Clown;
    *First I pick my gen based on how much cover or exposure it provides
    *always keep an ear out for the slightest tr signal
    * when I do hear the signal I quickly back off to the nearest hiding spot that provides a good view of the area, tree clusters and "jungle gyms" if they are far enough from an immediate perimeter search
    * if you can watch him and Chase with another Survivor try to get a feel for how Loosely he plays with the bottles, is he throwing a barage or tactically plotting his Chase
    * if you get a good enough feel for the player you will eventually be able to bait his throws which puts him in the same position as a Trapper chasing you
    * finally while in Chase my only suggestion: I always break line of sight as early as possible and try to stealth way, though this truly depends on where you get found out and how much space you start the chase with

And this is all done with core stealth mechanics I don't even have the perks like Urban evasion or exhaustion perks besides dead hard. 
  • kyuu
    kyuu Member Posts: 32
    Dude just learn to 360 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Why he would need a speed nerf with a constant speed of 115%? Without his tonic bottles he's just a basic m1 killer. Survivors are hindered only for 2 seconds, by the time he hooks someone 2 gens are gonna be done. He doesn't have mobility to cover half the map in a few seconds like spirit or hag

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@kingreaps said:
    Tsulan said:

He's as fast as the trapper. Would you consider the trapper to be to fast?

Does the rapper have anything to slow you down mid-chase and instantly catch you? 

New killer The Rapper confirmed. He freestyles till your eardrums bleed and disorients you. lol

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

@kingreaps said:
    Tsulan said:

He's as fast as the trapper. Would you consider the trapper to be to fast?

Does the rapper have anything to slow you down mid-chase and instantly catch you? 

New killer The Rapper confirmed. He freestyles till your eardrums bleed and disorients you. lol

Perks: Autotune, Soundcloud and Daddy Issues.
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

Yes, 100%