How did you come up with your forum name?

2»

Comments

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Avis is a name that I just liked. I know it is a car rental company but I also heard it used as a persons name in a Julia Child movie.

Deene is the name of a wonderful Irish lady that has helped me when I had no one to turn to many years ago.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    edited June 2020

This is actually my nickname for the game itself. I've always called it this because from the day it came on Switch I bought it and the Ghost Face dlc and that's basically been my playstyle. Spook 'n' Stab. Whispers avatar because it was my absolute must have perk as I would get lost a lot during my early days playing but it's been getting phased out of my builds rapidly as I have gotten much better at intuitively finding survivors.

EDIT: Bonus fun fact: My Switch name is SpukyStaby because Switch usernames only have so many spaces and the double O and B didn't fit.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

My initials and bday.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

I'm sort of a Legion main (I don't play killer that much) and I'm stupid.

Riveting story I know

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I play DBD in german because I am learning german and I really liked the translation they gave surge (spannungsstoss) so I went with it as my forum name.

Spannungsstoss literally means voltage push. Or at least that's what I understand.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Steam name, by extension, Mount and Blade Warband icons

• Crackgear
    Crackgear Member Posts: 279

It's my artist name , streamer tag and also my username since 2010.

It's not related to drugs however, it's just a Cracked Gear.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

My name came in part from my nick name being Monkey as a boy as I would always be climbing trees .

The Twisted part was added from my days of training in Kung Fu. One of the forms we had to learn was called the "Twistedmonkey Form" and I just liked the name as it fit in well with my current nick name.

Its been my username since I was 17 which was quite a few years ago 😉.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Stick war

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

It's the name of a movie. A pretty meh movie, but I always liked the title.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Its my gamertag since 2017. Before then I was super casual and mostly played singleplayer games. But November of 2017 I got into Overwatch and got hooked on PvP- at least for Overwatch. Took a month or two to settle on a game tag, I came up with it cause A) I liked Support the best, and B) I memed and played jokingly a lot at the beginning. Overtime its who I am now, and it fits even in DBD (I play a lot of Doctor and Plague, among others).

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Well...

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

Couldn’t come up with an original name

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355

Ny name came from my other username, Leyd.

My name came out of a comp. TF2 team a friend of mine made. Me and my copper-@ss only was in 1 season. But it was worth it. Glad I did it.

• HelloThere
    HelloThere Member Posts: 59

I like prequel memes (and memes in general). And the hope i get answers with general Kenobi or from some one with the user name general Kenobi.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

My name comes from a game and an anime, Old Hunter is from Bloodborne which currently is my all time favorite game, and Light comes from Deathnote, been using that name for like 10 years (because my irl friends say that I overthink stuff) and well I just added both and liked it a lot.

• bLoodSLoth97
    bLoodSLoth97 Member Posts: 29

Jamesserton's Happy Souls animation. In the video at 4:20 they are invaded by bLoodFArt97 and xXR0tt3nSaWsageXx. 20 seconds later the two knights are dead followed by the dancing invaders. My friend and I found this so funny that we decided to start our new Dark Souls 2 run as these characters.

A little change and It became my new gamertag, much better than my previous one.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

ManyAchievables is basically my go-to name for everything on the internet.

• Lowkeysaurus
    Lowkeysaurus Member Posts: 50

It's my xbox gamertag, and I came up with it because someone said I'm "Lowkey a dinosaur" during college once.

• SewerSwans
    SewerSwans Member Posts: 147

I often choose swan related usernames because of a swan therian who meant a great deal to me, among other things.

There's an obscure saying that 'swans don't swim in a sewer', meaning pure things don't go to filthy places. So you can read the name as a pure thing in a filthy place, but also as a rejection of purity, or a statement that I'm considered impossible. You can tell I overthink usernames heavily, huh?

• Kate_cx
    Kate_cx Member Posts: 181

Kate is my G

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Memes made with this template always cracks me up for some odd reason and Billy quickly became my favourite. So I just combined my favourite meme and character and here we are.

• Erk
    Erk Member Posts: 230

its ma name

• Player35
    Player35 Member Posts: 119

I'm a random player of this game

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    edited June 2020

I like most peoples reasons

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 272

I had facial hair in high school, which is a brownish-red color, and in the right lighting looks almost completely red. However, my hair color (as in on top of my head) is pure brown. One of my classmates called me ginger beard and I happily accepted it. Now I use it for my name on anything if it isn't taken.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

What's an epic way to transform Angel into something which can sound like goddess?

-

Never changed it since a kid, so why would I change it for this

• GottaBlast
    GottaBlast Member Posts: 19

I run the killer a lot as survivor and as I run away from whatever I was doing I say "Gotta Blast" lol

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

My tennis coach in high school called me Animal Mak one time, and I thought it would be a fun username. It became my PSN tag, and then I just brought it here as well.