Flashlight Limitation

I currently just get on the game after rank reset and feel like playing a little trapper, but as usual I get the SWF that everyone decides to bring a flashlight, Lightborn is good and all but to sacrifice a perk slot for it and completely like have to adapt to a different style of playing is difficult especially when you don’t have Lightborn, I’m usually a survivor but this is a thing that bugs me most, only one person should have a flashlight in a friends group it’s unfair to the killer who doesn’t have said Lightborn when he gets blinded 4 times in a row due to survivors over all abusing the fact they can all bring a flashlight and chain blind in general, one survivor may not be able to chain blind but all of them can one right after the other and that’s enough to make anyone dc due to the fact it’s just really frustrating especially when you just wanna have fun but people again make the game annoying to play, probably gonna get hate for this but let’s be honest everyone hates something. Laters

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772

Imo flashlights are easy to counter. As you said yourself the perk Lightborn exists just for this reason. Franklin's Demise also works. Alternatively you have the strategy of picking someone up facing a wall, pretending to pick up, or the hardest of them all, looking up.

When I see a 4 man Squadette with flashlights I jump for joy. Can't save your friends vs a slugging doc can you? It's so much nicer than a team that share three braincells and know how to hold m1.

There are plenty of ways to counter flashlights and limiting them not only decreases build creativity because you can't bring multiple of the same items, and just worldnt work (in solo q, say, you brought a flashlight but so did someone else, so who has to switch? Or you find a beamer in a chest but someone else has one in the match, does it just get thanosed into thin air?).

Flashlights are fine and much better than medkits, keys or toolboxes.

• D3_destr0y3r
    D3_destr0y3r Member Posts: 120

This is more a SWF problem than a problem about the amount of flashlights per game.

4 random survivors with flashlights aren't an issue, but toxic SWF groups are.

• ToppingPanic
    ToppingPanic Member Posts: 77

If you're that sorry over flashlights then run the perk designed for them. Stop changing a game cause YOU gotta problem.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I LOVE IT when they bring 4 flashlights. This is the easiest game youll play. They all want flashlight saves so you dont have to worry about gens to much, and yeah for sure put on lightborne, tge number of survivors who have no idea what that perk is makes it highly useful, and extremely entertaining

• CANxOFxCORN
    CANxOFxCORN Member Posts: 204

Hillbilly is a free killer and has the teachable lightborn, if it bugs you that much, its worth the perk slot. At least unlock the teachable lightborn, and get it with your favorite killer(s), then only apply it if you see the 4 man swf flashlight group.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Flashlights are already weak as they currently are. There are counters to flashlights, such as looking away(up or down), look at a wall when picking a survivor or even baiting them to come out and get a free hit.

"Flashlights are fine and much better than medkits, keys or toolboxes." that's a stretch

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

I really don't want to hurt your feelings. But you are probably not the best killer and you might verse survivors with more experience and skill than you. Those players will obviously FL save etc.

Flashlights are NO issue anymore. They got nerfed multiple times, active and passive. You need to get better or just accept that you can't win against better players. Don't ask for nerfs.

• TheCursedTitan
    TheCursedTitan Member Posts: 177

This is true, I don’t ask for a nerf but simply that not EVERY one in a swf can use one, like I feel a system where like overwatch you select one hero no one else can select it after you have but to balance it out for survivors who see this as an issue limit the type of perks a killer can have like you can’t have noed and devour at the same time regardless of how one activated later or not

• TheCursedTitan

Not against a SWF when they all have it and can all take hits or one takes a hit and the other one who also has a flashlight can blind

• TheCursedTitan

Like I said I don’t want a nerf just a simple limitation and I would say it’s fair that a killer would have same said limitations

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Flashlights need to not work on such ridiculous angles and chain blinding should require starting the blind over again, not just clicking. Only changes they need.

• BlazeNightash
    BlazeNightash Member Posts: 230

agreed i rather have 4 flashlights than 4 of the other items xD, they're so easy to bait people with, maybe long ago 4 flashlights was ######### scary because how insane they were but not these days. those people also tend to waste so much time trying to go for flashlight saves or run around clicky clicky trying to get the killer's attention also doing nothing productive

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Are you playing on console? Maybe flashlights are more of an issue there, but on PC they're easy to deal with.

Simply look down/up to avoid chain flash blinds. That's all...

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772

Is it?

A team with medkits will be healing very quickly, meaning they'll be on gens more often.

A team with toolboxes will either be sabotaging hooks, forcing an extreme slug game, or want to do gens ASAP.

A team with keys, well...

A team with flashlights will be following you all game, can be baited by standing still over someones body, won't be on gens, and can be easily countered with 2 perks.

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Member Posts: 58

Infectious Fright is a great counter to a group of SWF with flashlights. It makes it practically impossible for them to surprise you with a flashlight save. Only counter is Calm Spirit really.

• D3_destr0y3r
    D3_destr0y3r Member Posts: 120

That would be fair balance, but limitations like that are bad for killers and survivors