same map three or four times in a roll, or same killer 3 or 4 times in a roll

Options
MikeLatin7
MikeLatin7 Member Posts: 209
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

Look I love this game and yes even if the spirit is not what is cracked up to be I may buy her to support the game but that's neither here or there, every nite lately always the same map or the same killer, what's up with that? makes me play less,,,,,and it has and yes I'm playing less can we get that fix,,,,, what do you guys think.

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Yeah I had a horde of Billy's after reset and almost all the same map. It's pretty much the same thing you get a huge run of the same maps regularly then occasionally a different one comes out. I also get the same Huntress on one of the Autohaven maps/Red Forest every time.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@powerbats said:
    Yeah I had a horde of Billy's after reset and almost all the same map. It's pretty much the same thing you get a huge run of the same maps regularly then occasionally a different one comes out. I also get the same Huntress on one of the Autohaven maps/Red Forest every time.

Your right happens all the time but with the killer it's the same guy, hello

• powerbats
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

@powerbats said:

Your right happens all the time but with the killer it's the same guy, hello

Yeah i've had the same killer repeatedly and it's annoying to say the least, especially when the killer is fishy.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@TheHourMan said:
    I don't wanna be that guy... but row.

Don't be, lol

@Vankruze said:
    happens to me every day. way it goes and that's due to playing from a region with a much smaller dbd community. that would be oceania and probably asia too. the maps happens to me too not sure what's up with that it's pretty dumb but that's what it is.

don't think that has anything to do with it, it's the game

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:
    Look I love this game and yes even if the spirit is not what is cracked up to be I may buy her to support the game but that's neither here or there, every nite lately always the same map or the same killer, what's up with that? makes me play less,,,,,and it has and yes I'm playing less can we get that fix,,,,, what do you guys think.

The less viable killers we have, the more they will repeat

Easy math

• powerbats
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

Easy math

There's plenty of viable killers since region lock got removed and the only time it gets scarce is really early in the am.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

Easy math

There's plenty of viable killers since region lock got removed and the only time it gets scarce is really early in the am.

Viable in the sense, capable to deal with a competent SWF.
    There is only one truely viable killer, namely nurse, maybe you can count billy too, but he can be looped so....

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

I haven't gotten Mothers Dwelling in a week but have gotten Sheltered woods 2-3 times in a row and Thomson House every other match. Honestly this is why map offerings exist!

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    powerbats said:

Question but does said huntress hatchet alot has blue eyes and now has a p1 axe cuse that might be me I git hit with alot if auto haven rounds today and yesterday
  • powerbats
    Options

@redsopine1 said:
    powerbats said:

Question but does said huntress hatchet alot has blue eyes and now has a p1 axe cuse that might be me I git hit with alot if auto haven rounds today and yesterday

I didn't get you but the huntress in question always seems to hit you around corners in the sense that you're several feet around the corner. You got around and she threw clearly after you were safe yet still hits you and manages to hit you through objects.

She also camps quite extensively around a hook sometimes standing next to it. She'll throw random axes that magically can hit people behind gens where the gen should block it. So no that's most definitely not you lol.

• redsopine1
    Options
    Ah ok lol though tbh when I had nc before I became p1 I found out a trick if there round a corner to lunge and turn 2-4 hits I downed people it was hilarious
  • redsopine1
    Options
    Right after they unhooked or lost me as well lol
  • powerbats
    Options

@redsopine1 said:
    Ah ok lol though tbh when I had nc before I became p1 I found out a trick if there round a corner to lunge and turn 2-4 hits I downed people it was hilarious

Well this is throwing an axe around a corner where it's completely impossible for it to hit even with the bugged hitboxes she has.

• redsopine1
    Options
    Did you record the games they might be using custom code hacks I mean I turned in a link to a site that puts in a map so you.see everyone and stuff so might be hacks
    powerbats said:

@redsopine1 said:

Well this is throwing an axe around a corner where it's completely impossible for it to hit even with the bugged hitboxes she has.

• powerbats
    Options

@redsopine1 said:
    Did you record the games they might be using custom code hacks I mean I turned in a link to a site that puts in a map so you.see everyone and stuff so might be hacks
    powerbats said:

@redsopine1 said:

Actually I've been recording quite a few and gotten really good video of the shenanigans certain people use. I also know some of the sites and the hacks that're being used. Sadly EAC is too easy to by pass and for the devs they've got to review the videos as well.

• redsopine1
    Options
    Ok or give them the sites devs go in buy the software then reverse engineering of the code locks it out the game
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

it is called bad rng for you my friend

• redsopine1
    Options
    Zanfer said:

What's rng?
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@redsopine1 said:
    Zanfer said:

What's rng?

Literally means random number generation.

It just means 'luck'

• redsopine1
    Options
    Haha lol but seriously give the devs code selling sites so they can lock them out
  • powerbats
    Options

@redsopine1 said:
    Haha lol but seriously give the devs code selling sites so they can lock them out

Teh codes are usually known but as soon as they fix it a newer version gets put out. One site the dev got highly personal because his top selling codes got nuked. This after saying he wasn't in it for the money but just so people could have fun.

I've still got a membership on the site back when I was a CS source admin on a bunch of servers. I was looking to find what people on the servers were using and it was a gold mine lol. Now the site is restricted access and they vet anyone joining up.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Vankruze said:
    happens to me every day. way it goes and that's due to playing from a region with a much smaller dbd community. that would be oceania and probably asia too. the maps happens to me too not sure what's up with that it's pretty dumb but that's what it is.

yup, that what I say too,

• MikeLatin7
    edited September 2018
    Options

@TheHourMan said:
    I don't wanna be that guy... but row.

But I,m that guy happens all the time what to do?

• powerbats
    Options

NA has been a lot of the same maps as well and I'm getting a lot of the same killers too.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

Easy math

most of them are all alike just small variables the Spirit so the opposite, and that didn't work out at all

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

I haven't gotten Mothers Dwelling in a week but have gotten Sheltered woods 2-3 times in a row and Thomson House every other match. Honestly this is why map offerings exist!

I got that thanks but map offerings don't give you more blood points and most of the time they are the last offering you use when you got nothing left

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Zanfer said:

?????

• MegaWaffle
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

RNG - Random Number Generator, a term coined in MMORPGS (such as World of Warcraft) that basically mean you have bad luck.

• Zanfer
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

Random Number Generator, it is used also for how you get skill checks in this game..

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

RNG is also used to determine the map you get. It's likely the game does a RNG roll to determine what map you're going to play on (influenced by offerings of course).

Usually doesn't bother me unless I get Rotten Fields 2X in a row. I would rather play any map but that abomination. Yes, that includes Pale Rose.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

I got that thanks but map offerings don't give you more blood points and most of the time they are the last offering you use when you got nothing left

I use map offerings when there are 2-3 Claudettes in the Lobby and at least 2 Flashlights. Roughly 75-80% of the time, a large majority at least, they are toxic SWF and looking to go to Haddonfield to bully the Killer. Multiple times I've had them all DC after load-in due to my map being chosen. Extremely amusing, and everytime there were multiple DCs the Killer took it easy on those of us who were left and joked about it in post-game. The times that they actually stayed in were even funnier as they spewed toxic rage at me for "ruining their fun" in post-game.

If you find yourself getting the same map multiple times in a row, it might be worthwhile to burn an Offering. I'll do this when that happens and it seems to appease RNGesus enough to give me a nice selection throughout the rest of my playtime. Probably just luck on my part, but I swear the game can get locked into a specific map for the Host and you need to burn a map Offering to break it.

• powerbats
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

RNG - Random Number Generator, a term coined in MMORPGS (such as World of Warcraft) that basically mean you have bad luck.

Story of my rng life, my bad luck is legendary.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@powerbats said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

thank you, still World of Warcraft has no place in this discussion

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Mringasa said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

I use map offerings when there are 2-3 Claudettes in the Lobby and at least 2 Flashlights. Roughly 75-80% of the time, a large majority at least, they are toxic SWF and looking to go to Haddonfield to bully the Killer. Multiple times I've had them all DC after load-in due to my map being chosen. Extremely amusing, and everytime there were multiple DCs the Killer took it easy on those of us who were left and joked about it in post-game. The times that they actually stayed in were even funnier as they spewed toxic rage at me for "ruining their fun" in post-game.

If you find yourself getting the same map multiple times in a row, it might be worthwhile to burn an Offering. I'll do this when that happens and it seems to appease RNGesus enough to give me a nice selection throughout the rest of my playtime. Probably just luck on my part, but I swear the game can get locked into a specific map for the Host and you need to burn a map Offering to break it.

got it thanks

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:
    RNG is also used to determine the map you get. It's likely the game does a RNG roll to determine what map you're going to play on (influenced by offerings of course).

Usually doesn't bother me unless I get Rotten Fields 2X in a row. I would rather play any map but that abomination. Yes, that includes Pale Rose.

well, I don't know about such things but thanks

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@Zanfer said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

Random Number Generator, it is used also for how you get skill checks in this game..

thanks, News to me,

• powerbats
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

@powerbats said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

I blame Mega since I've not played it since before Thundering Isles came out.

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@powerbats said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@powerbats said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

dude, that has nothing to do with Dead By Daylight, thank you for your comment

• powerbats
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

@powerbats said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@powerbats said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

dude, that has nothing to do with Dead By Daylight, thank you for your comment

Then why call me out on it in the 1st place unless you're trying to grief me, since as you could clearly see I responded to him. nowhere in that comment did i mention World of Warcraft at all. If you had such an issue with WOW being involved then why not say that in response to him?

The only reason you'd skip him and go to my innocuous comment is to try and troll me. So what reason do you have for not responding to him when you complained about WOW being in the convo?

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

There's his quote where he even responded to you with a World Of Warcraft response yet mine had nothing about it other than his quote.

Now since you want to say it has nothing to do with DBD how many of your posts have the same issue?

• MikeLatin7
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

Dude all that you are saying has really nothing to do with this discussion find something else in you life other then just being a Troll, your better then that, just look at all these people 2k-4k post what do they have a life, you better then that even like Me I play video game, hello

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

WoW somewhat does have a point in this conversation since it's an easily identifiable source for Random Number Generators. RNG has been around a LOT longer than that though. The earliest games used RNG to determine if you hit a monster or not, for example Wizardry, and it's based somewhat on Dungeons and Dragons dice rolls.

Programmers usually base them on something, check Wikipedia for examples of this, so diehard mechanics can figure out how to fool the RNG at times and force specific "rolls". They might also be a simple random grouping of numbers, Final Fantasy XII had this, that the game would pull from when a die roll was called for. All that being said though, they aren't really all that random, and you will not get anywhere near the results you would if you simply rolled dice in your home and compared it to the RNG output.

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Options
    "In a roll" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Zanfer
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

thanks, News to me,

no prob :D

• MegaWaffle
    Options

@MikeLatin7 said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@MikeLatin7 said:

@Zanfer said:

?????

Dude all that you are saying has really nothing to do with this discussion find something else in you life other then just being a Troll, your better then that, just look at all these people 2k-4k post what do they have a life, you better then that even like Me I play video game, hello

I'm confused. I thought you were confused by the term RNG so I explained it.

• redsopine1
    Options
    Or landing in the same lobby as people in in a vc party with lol especially when you call then out at the lobby and there like beep dont kill me first please (bad analogy but happens twice didn't go easy in fact challenged them that I will kill them before all gens done with other people there to see not briefing just mates being dicks to each other)