Bubba deserves a rework

Options
WokeNea
WokeNea Member Posts: 34

Dont know if you live under a rock or never tried bubba but hes is just incomplete I see and play him against or just enjoying being rank 14 at some point but it's not even fun anymore I'm rank 2 and forced to play with a setup for bubba and that setup is the only way I ever win as him because bubba is so slow at doing anything with the chainsaw I get my chainsaw ready I'm walking so slow survivors already on a window even if I get close its because I was really hugging their body and when I hit them with the chainsaw I have to wait until the chainsaw animation is done unable to stop or if there is another survivor I cant catch up to them even though I accelerate Asian use the saw I played Billy after maiming bubba for a while and yeah I can see a difference in my style of gaming.

Comments

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451
    Options

”I played Billy after maiming bubba for a while”

why would you maim that poor soul

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    Options

I’m waiting for the cannibal to get a rework too. I’m sure I’ve said this before but the original Texas chainsaw massacre film plays out like a game of dbd. It’s got the hook the double hit and the chase.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    edited June 2020
    Options

I would change all of his addons to replicate a perk. One makes it so if you down someone with the saw all survivors in the area scream, Infectious fright saw.

One makes it so if you down someone you get 5% speed boost until you hit someone else, PWYF saw.

Surge saw, etc

• johnmwarner
    Options

I really think that’s all they’ll do, his base power fits him.

• Spamela
    Spamela Member Posts: 10
    Options

He needs insidious built into his kit imo, considering that first scene when homeboy wanders into the house. Also, I wondered if they designed leatherface while considering that chase with sally. If so, I don't think leatherface was failing to catch her... he was 'herding' her to the gas station, i think.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    Options

Full on rework for leatherface is not needed his power is fine. They should tweak numbers mostly. Also almost all the add-ons need to be changed. Make them different compared to billy. Acceleration and those add-ons that gives for example mangled when hit by the chainsaw should be changed. Maybe add-ons that make bubba faster when charging the chainsaw?

Right now the only add-ons that are really good are the ones that reduce the time charging

• johnmwarner
    Options

Speeding up the movement would be a good change too.

I agree tweaking numbers and addons is all he needs. He’ll never be top tier but he could be way better.

Maybe an addon that if he successfully hits someone with his saw then it instantly stops? This could be a nerf in one way no more multi down, but it would save him time too so kind of a neat option.

On the flip side an addon that tremendously increases his moving speed with each successful saw so you could possibly chain together saw hits? Getting two hits and then chasing down Dwight moving at 150% would be hilarious.

• bkillerc
    bkillerc Member Posts: 142
    Options

Bubba is crazy strong with the right build... I dunno are all these survivors potatoes? (Maybe they are, not being sarcastic.)

Play with your food with obsession control and good addons and he’s a one hit down machine.

• johnmwarner
    Options

The tantrum could be tweaked and made “wilder,” and more random. Like instead of just being in spot what if he moved really quickly but the player lost control for 4 seconds. Meaning survivors in the area would be at great risk

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

I don't think they were considering anything when they designed him....except "need new killer, chainsaw, reuse add-ons, lmao"

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

The answer is yes. All of them were potatoes.

I beat a Nemesis+PWYF Bubba myself a while ago. The second I noticed the first obsession change I knew what to do in a chase. Drop pallets early to avoid the stun similar to Spirt Fury - combine dropped pallets with windows to force the killer to use hammer if you can't keep the distance due to his speed and of course do gens outside a chase and hope no one else feeds him tokens. Easy counterplay.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

I love Bubba, and he can be pretty good with certain builds, but god DAMN does he need a secondary ability and better add-ons.

• johnmwarner
    Options

The theory has always been Billy was meant to be Leatherface so when they actually got the license they were kind of between a rock and hard place. They couldn’t make him better, billy is already considered OP by a lot of players. So they watered down his ability, copied all of his addons because hey a chainsaw is a chainsaw, and got him out ASAP

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I'm just going to accidentally leave this here. It may be proof that playing Bubba correctly makes him an A tier killer.

In particular look at the video near the end in order to see what I mean.

• WokeNea
    WokeNea Member Posts: 34
    Options

Thanks for commenting, I first would look into fixing his power I mean a 1 hit machine should sound OP right? No it shouldn't but bubba shouldn't suffer a 45% sliced speed if you want to fix bubba make the speed at least 75-89% speed maybe 90 but may be OP so stick with 79 then fix his add-ons then fix the tantrum no way a tantrum should last a longer then a pallet stun I've recent been playing alot of survivor and not being able to hear bubbas chainsaw is annoying so maybe make it louder for survivors and less noisy for bubba himself and then fix his chainsaw hitbox I mean it doesn't reach far then fix add-ons so we dont die of a tantrum also add a woman skin for leatherface I would l ok ve to run around as that one scene where he was dressed a a female in the original because bubba has worn more then 1 piece of clothing so add more cosmetics also make him less perk dependent because I play him in rank 9 10 with no need for perks in higher ranks I never catch up with pallet after pallet and gen after 1.00sec after joining a game so yes I run usan bubba more then often I use iron madence because survivors think they can hide in lockers from fast boy bubba I mean freddy got a rework but bubba didnt he litterly sounds like a baby using his chainsaw he is the best killer in game but needs the attention to make that A teir spot.

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178
    Options

His power is hard countered by pallets, vaults, lockers; changes I would recommend:

1) chainsawing a locker with someone in it downs them and they spill out onto the ground.

2) increase his movement speed while revving slightly.

3) Reduce tantrum to 2-3 seconds

4) Allow him to end his swinging early by pressing m2 again (the number of times you catch 2 survivors “out in the wild” is exceedingly rare.)

5) when in chainsaw animation swinging you cannot be stunned by a pallet and always break it (currently a well timed drop can still stop you)

6) rework his addons completely.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited June 2020
    Options

My idea pass by, no need to take it hard.

• Chainsaw still able to hit multi survivor
    • Chainsaw doesnt cause instant down
    • Increase preparing chainsaw time
    • Preparing chainsaw doesnt slow down his speed
    • Hitting by chainsaw cause Exhausted, Hindered, Mangled, Deep wound effect until healed
  • blasto
    blasto Member Posts: 41
    Options

Nemesis PWYF and you could debate a lot of the two other perks, is quite strong on him. Not top tier but really playable at all ranks and gives you a chance to win any game.

His addons are the same. There’s two that are just obviously the best and no reason to ever run any others besides being out of them.

So I think he’s pretty playable at all levels of skill but it’s really only with one build and one set of addons. That’s probably a good reason for a rework imo

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    Options

I have heard this said, but never have gotten a source.

Source?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    Options

@Maperson keeping his 115% speed while preparing chainsaw can be replace M1 entirely in chase (preparing time increase is to make up for that). After a hit with chainsaw, survivors get multiple effect (may be also add broken for 15sec, haemorrhage..) to increase the effectiveness of chainsaw hit.

Just what I think, I dont even buy Bubba because power is too boring.