The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Taking all bets! Which characters are LGBT and which are heterosexual?

124»

Comments

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

It’s really not that shocking if you’ve ever actually met a gay person or been to a gay event or gone out to a gay club. “Macho” gay dudes are more common than you think you just don’t realize because you look at them and assume they’re straight. In fact there’s this whole thing called masc4masc on a lot of gay dating sites but that’s another topic for another conversation.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I already explained why I think deathslinger is gay, and its not only because he was the leader of the hellshire gang

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

All of them are actually catholic purists, even the killers, so none of them have thoughts of sex and they all go to entity church on sunday.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    edited June 2020

Dwight and David have already been confirmed to be straight. Dwight is crushing on a woman and David had an ex-girlfriend.

Before you say, oh but they could be bi or closeted. Wrong. The devs specifically apologized in their tweet for putting their characters in "heterosexual" relationships thus far. That means they wrote David and Dwight as heterosexual.

I don't believe they're going to go back and change that, but be more inclusive to their characters in the future. If that makes sense.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

But... I go to Entity Church every other day... and there's ALWAYS human sacrifice and orgies happening...

• PrincessPoop

Literally nowhere in Dwights lore did it confirm him to be straight. They specifically referred to Rose as Dwights friend. Not sure where you got the whole crushing thing from.

Also are you saying that bisexual people can’t be in heterosexual relationships? Being in a heterosexual relationship doesn’t define your sexuality. Just because David had an ex girlfriend doesn’t mean he can’t be bi.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    edited June 2020

No, I said exactly what the devs said. They apologized for writing all of their characters thus far as heterosexual.

I took this as them writing David as heterosexual. I believe they had no intention of him being bi when they created his ex girlfriend. I can't read their minds, but I don't believe they wrote him as bisexual, or there wouldn't be much of an incline for them to opologize for writing their characters as heterosexual in the first place, as they themselves worded. Regardless, we won't get any more David lore for a while so I guess we'll just wait and see.

Also, I wasn't the one who said Dwight is crushing on Rose. That's come from multiple people on the forums who has stated it, Not sayin they're right, just telling you what I've seen. But I also kind of get the feeling that Mathiue (I think I spelled it wrong) sees himself in Dwight. The fact that Dwight and Jane recently got matching hats also seems to elude to his relationship with Patricia. Also, the fact that Dwight is "crushing" on Rose who is a co-worker confirms it for me too. Seems like Mathiue and Patricia sprinkling a little bit of their relationship into Dwight and Jane.

I'm not stating any of this as a fact. It's just my observation from their tweet and the lore we got thus far.

(I shouldn't have worded my original post as a fact, I don't believe it is, it's simply my opinion.)

• OriginalSunnyPlace
    OriginalSunnyPlace Member Posts: 4

What do they mean by easy I'm genuinely confused? Also could you link where this was said if it's not a bother.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

This is something that should never be made canon. It's both more fun to watch the shippers get mad at each other over it, and no one should care about such a small part of what makes someone who they are.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

What's sexual orientation got to do with a video game ffs ....

Embarrassing that they feel the need to reveal that aspec. What's next? Preferred political party? 🤦‍♂️

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

"Easy" refers to the difficulty shown in-game. It's a joke.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Not that shocking but they think they're bein shocking by doin it. Ya kinda missed the point.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

This is a game about killers killing survivors you think michael whos killed males and females and kids would really have a sexual orientation? This is like the dumbest thing bhvrs done in my opinion.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited June 2020

Nea is Transexual or a Lesbian.

Yui is a Lesbian.

Claudette is Asexual.

Zafina Zarina is Pan.

Adam might be gay. Highly unlikely.

No Killer is Gay or Trans. Spirit is Bi.

Edit: I forgot about Susie!

She's Pan AF.

Edit 2: Forgot the Clown. He's just sexual. He doesn't discriminate. He sucks on anyone's finger.

Everyone else is Straight.

David might be Bi or in-the-closet gay. But I doubt it.

Kate + Jeff is revealed as being totally canon.

Post edited by GodDamn_Angela on
  • PrincessPoop

What is your point exactly? I already explained to you why David being revealed as Bi wouldn’t be that shocking to most people so the idea of BHVR doing it for shock value doesn’t make any sense.

• Avarice
    Avarice Member Posts: 65

Gay - Evan, Joey

Lesbian - Zarina, Anna, Adiris

Bi - Nea, Ace, David King, Yui, Jeff, Sally, Rin, Frank, Susie, Danny, Kazan

Straight - Jake, Dwight, Meg, Claudette, Feng Quentin, Kate, Adam, Jane, Philip, Max, Lisa, Herman, Bubba, Jeffrey, Julie, Caleb

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Devs - We're going to out every survivors sexuality.

Devs - All survivors are straight

Some of you that are excited, I'm sorry but I think this would be funny.

I think you have to be careful with this. I can see lot's of people here stereotyping which each sexuality survivors look like and it's not long until we see angry killers picking on Dwight's for example because he's not what the person playing killer wanted him to be.

If the Devs do come out with this then they should understand what problems may crop up. Dbd isn't exactly the most friendly community, although I would say it's probably a lot more tolerant that others.

If I was a dev I would just let each player interpret the survivors character for themselves. Leave little hints at possible truths but never confirm them. Rather than being "this Dwight guy you play, well btw he's the gay male survivor with glasses"

Imagine how heartbroken people would be if Dwight was straight. Letting things be a mystery is a good way to leave it imo.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Forum user: Ash Williams is obviously gay.

Me: You do realise he's a licensed character from an actual movie, he actually has intercourse with women all the time.

Forum user: No no no He's gay trust me.

Me: Welp... I guess he is then.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Susie is definitely lesbian, that’s the only opinion I have

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

Eveey character is homo and every is heterosexual but most importantly they are all rabits for huntress.

Don't know why characters had to stand out aa homo not homo or what ever if you feel that they should be homo then they are if they not then they are not....

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

If any LGBTQIA+ thread is gonna persist, it's gonna be this one.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

When I start caring who or what someone has sex with will be a day I know i need to reevaluate my life. When I start caring who or what a made up video game or cartoon character has made up sex with will be a day I know I need to end it.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

This. I think I personally fall pretty close to the "straight gay". I'm 100% gay, but I don't act like it and I don't talk like it - So really you'd never really know unless you asked me or I told you.

And also, just as a pointer ... Just because [someone] may have had a fling with a girl/guy (opposite/same sex) doesn't truly define a character's sexuality. You have to remember that almost (not saying literally) everyone experiments at least some point in their life. There are also those closeted gay/bisexual people who "pretend" to be straight and even establish straight relationships because they can't accept their true sexuality.

So all of this being said - Anything's possible. But I'm still highly believable that Dwight is gay/bi.