What do you guys do when you see a .ttv on your lobby?

Options
2»

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I used to always wear glasses when playing video games, but lately (due to insomnia) my eyes often feel tired and I'm headachey (both of which glasses make worse), so I'm trying to keep wearing glasses to a minimum, for when I require them, like driving, movie theaters, or watching something with subtitles.

• felipao_brabo
    felipao_brabo Member Posts: 169
    Options

mori time baaabyyy

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    edited June 2020
    Options

So many mature people here. I am not one of them. If i see a .ttv in my lobby I suit up for war against an elite swf. If play goes as normal, which is rare, we play normally. More often than not though, the .ttv starts being a twerp with what is clearly a too high opinion of themselves and my priorities immediately shift. This makes me petty, sure, but i'm not the one going out of my way to try to embarrass people on social media, and nothing is more satisfying than beating someone at their own game. If you're one of the twitch streamers who manage to stay chill then I applaud you, but trust me you're in the minority.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    edited June 2020
    Options

I usually bring up their stream just to see what they're up to.

Every time I've had a streamer survivor in my lobby when I'm playing killer, they've proven to be the absolute worst frat boy style asshats to impress their friends and viewers. It's probably why they're drowning in the sea of streamers with <5 viewers.

I don't really change anything for their sake, but I certainly have little respect for them most of the time.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

I don't even care tbh. I don't pay attention to it as killer, and not as survivor either.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

Click their steam profile and see how many hours they played. Is it somewhere in the 1000 hours plus played, leave the lobby. I'm sorry but I've played plenty of games where I check out their stream afterward to see them and their friends (swf) just constantly make fun of me, with chat laughing along. Same thing when i see P3 survivors. There's no way in hell that we will have the same level of experience. Easy dodge.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I don't like when people plug their YouTube or twitch so I always bring an ivory.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    edited June 2020
    Options

The only reason I can see not to like people innocently advertising their content creation is because you're jealous that nobody would watch you. Cause other than that, they aren't really hurting anyone. Either that or it's a completely unfounded and irrational anger, and you should probably seek an anger management consultant.

That's just you being a bad killer. Dodging 1000+ hours (time played =! skill, especially in DBD), and P3 cosmetics. Big OOF.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Didn't know what it meant. I have come across them before, but I always play the same way. So you can rewatch the game from there perspective then?

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I don't have a twitch or YouTube and don't intend to. It's not that serious you're taking to lengths that are unnecessary lol.

• CuteLittleAngel
    CuteLittleAngel Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2020
    Options

I was just in a match with one as a teammate. I usually never pay attention enough to care, just play like normal and try my best to live and keep others alive if they are hooked but this last one has been particularly funny to me. I was playing with one other friend and this was gonna be our last match for the night. I helped get the first gen done and things just started to going down hill a little. I was basically unhooking people as the game went and I followed the one I just unhooked to heal them. The other two teammates had just gotten downed and one was being moved to the basement. The one left downed was my friend and I went to try to get him up but the killer was already coming back so I told him I needed to hide because I wouldn't get him up in time at all. He got picked up and I went into a locker to hide, the locker being between my friends hook and the basement. I waited until the killer went away. I got the guy in the basement first because he was in struggle. This is our ttv guy. And he got out of the basement and unhooked my friend while I stayed behind a little and did a gen in between the basement and my friends hook. My friend got downed again and I stopped working on the gen to make sure I wouldn't be caught by noise, and waiting until he was hooked again and for it to be safe to get him. The ttv guy went to the gen I was just on and the killer came back and went into the building and started chasing him. Took the chance to save my friend and we went to the other side of the map to heal. Ttv guy died on hook and the other teammate just finished the second to last gen before we finished the last one. The killer was Myers and he got his tier 1 on my friend and I and I was hooked for the first time the entire game and died on hook. The last guy also died, which I don't understand because he had a door opened since I was hooked. In the chat after the ttv guy complained that I didn't do anything for 5 mins, referring to the bit of the game I just explained. The killer for some reason agreed because he didn't see me at all throughout the match until the end. And the other survivor with us tried to defend me. The ttv guy told him not to try to "defend his egirl" and left.

I've been called and egirl 3 times and all in DBD XD

I admit I could have been more on gens while waiting to save but at the end of it I was the one who did all the saving beside the one the ttv guy did.

He was streaming at the time so I waiting to see the vid to see how he was reacting in the entire match.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Ill play respectfully unless I find them to be detestable. Ive tunneled Ochido before but thats it

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I don't like ads in my games, so I can understand why people would be upset that someone would have an issue with a walking billboard.

• Anevian
    Anevian Member Posts: 47
    Options

I'll play the match out then check their stream out after the end game lobby if they were chill. If they behave like a child just 'cause they lost or are a sore winner I won't give them the viewer count they probably desperately need.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

I play normally, if I am not streaming myself (I don't put TTV in my name but it's in my profile) than I like to go back and watch the VOD to see where I can improve.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I just play the match out, but I haven’t had many bad experiences with streamers. It’s always funny to watch their vod afterwards, you can get some good laughs. I versed a TTV recently in a four man SWF and they were all like “omg how does the killer always know where I am?!” I just kept seeing them in the corner of my eye or hearing them move about but it was funny to hear how paranoid they were, lol. Then I had another one recently where they were a four man with multiple Head Ons but it was a good match and they were pretty wholesome in the end game chat.

Most people are just trying to do their thing and have fun so I don’t see any need to get too serious about it. If they’re toxic then I’ll report them. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 870
    Options

As survivor, nothing. As killer I'll open their stream and pause it then once the game is over I go to their past videos and watch the game I just played vs them but from their perspective. Closest thing we can get to a replay and can learn a few things by watching how I played and what I could do differently.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I watched one of their streams for the first time after a game and it's interesting to see my gameplay from the other side. I'll probably take note of user names and check it out post game in future just for interest sake. That said, the ttv folk are often the first to dc if you get an easy down on them early.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

I don't even notice or care anymore. Once you get enough hours in this game you just want the match to start ASAP, dont even look at who is in the lobby whether playing survivor or killer lol

• mutante
    mutante Member Posts: 54
    Options

Proxy-camp and slug until everybody is on the ground.

After match ends, I watch the replay. Such a pleasure to see them getting rekt.

• macaroni1
    macaroni1 Member Posts: 16
    Options

I usually bring an Ebony Mori, and if they’re live I stream-snipe.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

I just play the game. They're usually no different than anyone else. Most of the people with that in their name are just small streamers trying to get their start.

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156
    Options

Depends on how they act. If they play well I will normally let them go. If they play toxic they are dead. If it was a good fun match I'll toss em a follow. And depending on my mood if I feel like being silly I will chase em and toy with em just for the fun of it then nod my head for fun.

• jinxykinz
    jinxykinz Member Posts: 91
    Options

I just play the game like normal. If it happens to be someone with a lot of viewers or the game was particularly fun, I might watch the stream after. Usually though, they’re either really bad or really toxic in which case pretty much ignore them until the end.

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259
    Options

I stream snipe them since it's not bannable.

• dbdplsaddpennywise
    dbdplsaddpennywise Member Posts: 12
    Options

what i like to do is bully them around. that means chasing after them constantly faking a double back or just tricking them into giving them hatch. its one of the funniest things ive ever seen and done.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    edited June 2020
    Options

That's a terrible argument. "I don't like ads". Try again. You'll probably call them toxic, too.

And then you probably turn around and complain that people look at their log files to find killer ids. Cheating is cheating.

The only sensible person here.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options