Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Cheryl Mason's Cosmetics - A Question

Is there a reason why Cheryl's cosmetics are locked to an outfit and not able to be mixed and matched? I am not talking about her Legendary outfit (which has a different body and animations). I bought the dark haired Cheryl option and wanted to put that head on the default body and am unable to.

Is this a glitch? Intentional? It does not make sense to me as every other Survivor and Killer allows for customization. I wanted to have the dark hair on the default shirt/skirt combo. If I'd known I couldn't do that I'd have not spent the cells...

Thanks for any info/insight! Happy gaming, all. <3

Comments

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

We don't know the exact reason why, but it is intentional. It was likely because the license holder didn't want their characters altered. Although I don't think we'll find out the sole reason why unfortunately.

• Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504

That's pretty unfortunate, though I suppose makes some sense. Since she has a top variant with different recolors I thought perhaps we'd be able to customize her like other characters.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Could be licensing, could be greed. We'll never know.

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300

they poorly implemented this "locked outfit" set. They really should have put it on the shop plain and clear "YOU CANNOT WEAR THESE PIECES ON THERE OWN" something like that. Because I would not have wasted my money on auric cells for a cheryl outfit; let alone the chapter really. I wanted her basic recolor cosmetics and I can't even get rid of the ugly Ellen Degeneras vest.

• Mrtimn2
    Mrtimn2 Member Posts: 3

Yea this is really ######### stupid, I made the same mistake and feel ripped off.

• Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93

I can understand for the Legendary Skins but for her regular variant skins it's a bad move because mix and matching was fun and I hope they don't implement this to other survivor's or killer's skins, otherwise, people will be less inclined to buying them.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Certainly stopping me from buying Cheryl cosmetics and Pyramid Head cosmetics. Not looking forward to more locked cosmetics.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

I would assume it's something to do with the license holder as all the outfits for her, pyramid head, and the mascot outfits for legion are set exclusive. The only thing you can change is cheryl's shirt for some reason.

• Hideous
    Hideous Member Posts: 9

I agree that it is disheartening to be unable to mix and match outfit parts but the reason you can change her shirt from her main outfit is because of Silent Hill 3. In that game, Heather (Cheryl) gets new shirts upon completion of that game and those shirts are represented here, they're all in Silent Hill 3.

Also i find the Alessa Gillespie costume to be super cheap. It ISN'T a completely new reskin. She has the same stance and the SAME FACE as Cheryl. I know in Silent Hill lore they are the same person but Alessa should look a little different from Cheryl or at the very LEAST have a different stance