Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Stranger things or Silent hill?

MynameisAlex
MynameisAlex Member Posts: 2

Hello, what chapter you like more. Stranger things or silent hill?

Comments

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Silent Hill will always be iconic. Not to mention the map and horror elements that are in it are currently the best yet.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Stranger things. I love silent hill, but when you have 2 survivors and one of them being Steve, and of course the demogorgon, I'm sold :D. I still think the stranger things chapter is the best chapter in dbd. Also, the map is very fun to play on, and is the best designed map in the game (visually).

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Silent Hill... I only watched Stranger Things because of DBD. liked the first season, second was decent but the third was meh, the sci-fi, horror mystery of the first season wasn't there anymore and we're left with "he he evil Russians under a shopping mall". Also Suzie..... ######### SUZIE!!!

Silent Hill is one of the best crafted horror games series to date (alongside Resident Evil).

• Merix
    Merix Member Posts: 35

I love both franchises, but i played Silent Hill when i was 6 and i watched my dad play it, so it's always going to have a special place in my heart.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2020

I enjoy the story, likable characters, and setting of Stranger Things far more than I do the obscure and opaque themes and symbolism of Silent Hill. Silent Hill is way too weird for me to enjoy and I can't really understand the people who say that it's their favorite horror franchise and things like that. Not saying they can't like it, more power to them, I just don't understand why

I can appreciate villains like Pyramid Head - he looks scary, imposing, threatening, and certain other aspects of the game like the blanket of fog that always covers the town. However, these are just parts of what the franchise is and not the whole itself, they're silver linings if you will.

For a horror game it feels way too deep and philosophical, filled with dialogue that is definitely written in a way that's supposed to make you think and read between the lines. It feels like one of the books you were forced to read and create a thesis for in English Class.

Which is a weird thing to say in a negative light especially for me since I love watching film analysis' and speculating, theorycrafting, thinking a layer deeper, but Silent Hill specifically just rubs me the wrong way I think. It's hard to explain

So I'll have to go with Stranger Things on this one.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

I like silent hill, but I LOVE stranger things and i really hope bhvr create new legendary skins for robin and jonathan as nancy and steve (also i want a james sunderland skin for heather)

Im from stranger things side.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

For me Silent Hill because I've always been a major fan of that series. The game fits perfectly into where DBD needs to go - a more horror-styled game. With The Deathslinger it moved away from horror so it's nice to bring it back.

However, I really wish more people played Demogorgon. That beast is one of my favourite killers to face.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    edited June 2020

Silent Hill all the way. It holds a special place in my heart and I'm really happy it's coming to DBD. Don't get me wrong, Stranger Things is awesome, but it doesn't beat Silent Hill in my books.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Silent Hill because it's from a classic game. After Prisoner and Twin Peaks I don't really watch tv-series so..yeah.

• Votdren
    Votdren Member Posts: 1

Stranger Things because I get to run around with yellow goggles now.

• Alify
    Alify Member Posts: 347

Stranger Things because I found out about DBD after watching the third season and I was very happy to see familiar characters and locations in such a cool game (now played a little more than 1000 hours). I missed Silent Hill at my time, so I can’t say such things as: “Wow, cool implemented” or “Wow Silent Hill in DBD”, but I really like the Silent Hill chapter, but it didn’t cause me such a hype as Stranger Things chapter.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I actually hadn't watched any Stranger Things until after the DBD trailer dropped. I binged the full three series afterwards to familiarize myself with then new content. It was worth it, I really enjoyed it.

As an older DBD player, Silent Hill was something I 'lived through' and played and enjoyed the first two games. I am also going against the grain and will admit I liked the two films as well. That being said, I preferred other horror games like Resident Evil and Manhunt over Silent Hill.

Out of the two, I would say Stranger Things. Although the Silent Hill chapter looks top notch, with Stranger Things we got two survivors, a great representation of the Hawkins facility and our first non-human killer. I could also watch Stranger Things for hours over watching/playing the Silent Hill franchise.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Tough choice...

Stranger Things brings with it Cruel Limits and Mindbreaker, two of my favorite strong meta perks,

but Silent Hill is also bringing some new strong meta perks to the table too with Trail of Torment and Forced Penance.

Don't make me choose!

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I don't know.

Reveal - Stranger Things

First Impressions - Stranger Things

Map - Silent Hill

Survivor(s) - Stranger Things

Killer - Silent Hill

Perks - Stranger Things

Cosmetics - Stranger Things

Legacy - Silent Hill

Hype - Stranger Things

In-Game Popularity (over time) - Stranger Things

Silent Hill - 3

Stranger Things - 7

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

Can't lie, I was never big on either, but Stranger Things had MUCH better execution than Silent Hill did IMO. The map looked more aesthetically pleasing, the sound design of Demo was on point, his power was cool, and ofc S t e v e .

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
  • EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300

stranger things; you can actually customize the characters fully with the cosmetics available.

• timidwraith
    timidwraith Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020

I love both. Silent Hill is my favorite game series, and Stranger Things is one of my favorite shows ever. I just do not understand why they went with Heather for the survivor instead of James, when Pyramid Head is part of James' story, a manifestation of his own guilt and self-loathing. Makes no sense. Plus, Midwich is from the first game, Pyramid Head is from the second. I dunno.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I think Stranger Things is a bit better. And I have played all SH games and never seen ST, so only know the characters from dbd. But Silent Hills map is better, but also wanted James as survivor.