New Map discussion

So I was wondering whats everyones opinion on the new map? Do you guys like it? Is it too survivor/killer sided or is it balanced? I'd like to have a decent and nice conversation about it. Personally in my 5-7 hours on the PTB playing the new map I think it can be pretty balanced but thats just my opinion.

Comments

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I havent played on it yet but it looks dope af. In my head before this i was thinking there should be a prison map and this is pretty similar in concept to what i was thinking for that.

We'll see how it plays out

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,822

I've only had tonight to play on it, but after three games I absolutely hate it. It's atmospheric, but the design is terrible. Just about every pallet in the map is unsafe, the only good vaults are buried in corners of classrooms, there are a handful of dead ends that show up out of nowhere, the fleshy blobs all over the place will sometimes grab your character as you're running around them and kill all of your momentum, etc.

It's basically The Game 2.0. This time it's prettier to look at, but with an even worse layout.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020

I was there a handful of times today and I’ll just say that.I don’t necessarily like the exit gates literally being close within reach.

• Avarice
    Avarice Member Posts: 65

I feel like however survivor/killer sided the new map is depends entirely on the killer and their perks. Slow killers are obviously hurt because of the massive size of the map. There is a noticeable lack of mobility between floors, which means all killers other than nurse are going to have a bit worse of a time. The map is a bunch of very open rooms, which means hiding as a stealth killer is harder. I don't know how good the totem hiding spots are on the new map, but from playing around 4 games on it I don't think I saw one in the open, so it's a good map for totems.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

From my experience, if the survivors know the map and the killer doesn’t have mobility, survivors win. If survivors don’t know the map, killer wins. If killer has mobility and survivors know the map, could go either way.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I like the map, I just wish there was something to indicate gens are in rooms. Feel like spend most the match searching each room for a gen.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I like it and look forward to playing on it more. Its creepy and fun.