We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Rites of Judgement is useless 99% of the time?

adsads123123123123
adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,076
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

So far it seems that there is really no point of using it since survivors can avoid it so easily and the trail can be avoided by crouching and is not even permanent so there is not much point to setting it up for scouting. I think they should make the Rites of Judgement last permanently or make it so hitting them with Punishment of the Damned applies Torment.

Post edited by adsads123123123123 on

Comments

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Agreed. A bit like trapper/clown. You need to learn where to block paths, where you can scare off survivors, where you force them to waste time if they have to crouch to dodge it...

• averycoolname
    averycoolname Member Posts: 22

At least for right now when he is so new Survivors are avoiding the trail harder than the plague

Is letting me hook you on the other side of the map really that big of an advantage? The trail doesnt slow you, it reveals you with Killer Instinct while youre on it, and it lets me instantly hook you but on the other side of the map from where i am

Yes i can kill you with it but only when you are already dead on hook

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

I agree, I tried playing him like huntress, didnt work... started playing him like a trapper/clown .. am getting better.

• adsads123123123123

I think in time survivors will realize that being tormented isn't really that bad compared to abandoning the loop.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I think many survivors are just really scared of getting tunneled which is quite easy because of the tormented status effect and the cages.

• adsads123123123123

Maybe I was wrong about Rites of Judgement. You just drop it for 2 seconds as you walk past good spots to use it. You don't go out of your way to use it or set it up because it wastes too much time. Only when you hook a survivor should you set up a circle around the hook.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    edited June 2020

Oh it doesn't slow survivors? That kinda makes it nigh useless lmao.

I thought all this time they were getting slowed down like ~10%. Nothing serious but something.

What is scary about being revealed and getting caged? Outside of final hook there is no point in avoiding the trails if you can loop him since it doesn't actually help him stop loops.

• leno
    leno Member Posts: 53

Well, I don't think that at all. It's a lot of work playing him but I really like it, the power allows me to do and think different strategies than just running from place to place. I like the addons too because you can switch your playstyle and there's actually nice benefits that really make the difference.

few examples, You should always leave small trails when chasing it leads to different options later. When I chase I can use it to track in jungle gyms etc. to see if survivor is outpositioned and act accordingly, either make him leave the gym to unsafe zone or try estimate the location and hit him. If they dodge the trail they'll most like be outpositioned later. Also when I get the down and downed survivor gets to a pallet I normally need to swat the flies off of me because I can't grab at a pallet, and that makes me lose precious time. I can just quickly send him away and not waste any time, now the survivors have to make the save and I can proceed to chase the guy who would've otherwise tried to pallet stun me, most likely he's outpositioned too if he just tried to rush to the scene. In this scenario one is caged, one is going to the save and I can start a chase at a good position. That's a good pressure. Added bonus is that later there's the change to kill if I desperately need to. It's a real threat to survivors in the end game if I had a good early game. If they step on the trail it's a possible insta death so they just can't do whatever because of certain perks.

I can also lock of certain areas with the ability and I can go check elsewhere, there's addons too to make it more effective. They either lose time crouching or I get the info. Many maps have a big portion of narrow corridors, often those are the worst places to chase if there's windows so I can use it to my advantage. Saves alot of time and makes survivor lose time instead.

One good use is also to use trails as small traps like trapper and hag. Behind windows, the usual drop zones high bushes for claudettes, just placing them behind odd corners could easily work. Of course you need to have some hint that there's someone is nearby to make them work.

There also the obvivous that if you circle the hook the rescue becomes more difficult and risky and could snowball fast if someone is desperate to make the save. It makes it so that in the face unhooks are just stupid and survivors need to think more to get around it. It allows the killer to check around more freely because you're likely to get the info in time. I think it's usually good to do some defensive actions with the ability, it allows me to multitask more easily in these situations. You just get so good info of the trails even if you can't capitalize right away. If you leave the hook you more likely make the survivors lose time in any case.

In general I just like the counterplay to different survivor plays. The power is not that massive but it can be threatening which I feel most killers lack of, with this character I don't ever feel hopeless even if I get just a single kill for example. There's always something to do it feels and It's more up to me if I get the downs. I don't have to wait survivor mistakes. I can't stop full group of great survivors escaping but in every chase I feel like they're sweating, not me.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Yeah, so many survivors yesterday took a WIDE turn to avoid the torment basically giving me a free hit. Okay that’s cool I want to cage you anyways for BBQ

• MortisCarnifex
    MortisCarnifex Member Posts: 41

I use the Rites oJ to more accurately predict my snipes. Survivors affected by it leave behind a trail so I can track them. If you down a tormented survivor next to a hooked one, you can send him to the naughty box and you now have two survivors that are far apart that need rescuing. The ability to use a naughty box scares the survivors.

I use add-ons to prolong the time it's on the map so that they're still there later on :)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,153

It's a map control, snowball, and zoning tool. PH has crazy snowball if you get one or two in torment in the same area. It allows you to slug on steroids. No other killer allows you to advance someone's hook state and immediately resume chase with this little downtime.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

You don’t use the Rite of Judgment unless you are pretty certain you’re getting a hit, like when a survivor is vaulting a window or going to a pallet and you think you can hit them. Don’t go for it unless you know you can hit it because he is punished by a long cooldown.

The threat of his power is more dangerous than the power itself. It’s just like Huntress and Demo zoning survivor into the area they want them to go.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I think the extended duration are his strongest addons honestly

• A_SmilingJester
    A_SmilingJester Member Posts: 8

I can't count the amount of times I've loaded in, place my trail and then every survivor intentionally runs in it and whenever I try to hit them with my ranged they dodge it 98% of the time unless they are vaulting or throwing down a pallet I think they should just make the range attack a little wider to make it more difficult for survivors to dodge and honestly whenever I play survivor the only time the thing hits me is when I'm vaulting or slamming a pallet however I don't run into the trail I don't know why they are doing it besides for possibly giving pyramid head the finger.

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

Or u just dont know how to use it properly maybe?

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

Could be skill issue

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Woo, necromancy!

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,814

Or this is a two year old thread from when Pyramid Head released.

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291

The necro'ing is strong with this one,I can feel it.

2020 thread btw my dudes.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,718

Thank you for being the reason I decided to learn Pyramid Head, out of spite for everyone in the Forums at that time 🙏🙏