A rant about a chapter I was extremely excited for

Options
CashelP14
CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I need to start this off by saying I absolutely loved the news that Silent Hill was coming to Dead By Daylight. I love that world and also think this sets up the possibility of another video game chapter in the future. Before I start the rant I want to say some positives first.

Positives:

Survivor Perks:

The new survivor I've really enjoyed playing. Her perks have been extremely fun to use and I can't wait to unlock her perks on my main. I thought Blood Pact was going to be my least favourite perk but it turns out to be my favourite.

New Map

The new map looks amazing. It's extremely confusing but is extremely cool with the jumpscares and other easter eggs on the map.

Negatives:

Killer Perks:

The new killer perks were all buffed slightly since the ptb but they are still incredibly weak. The undetectable perk shouldn't show survivors the aura of the generator imo. When you compare how cool they are compared to the survivors perks it's extremely disappointing.

Cosmetic Links:

Has anyone said anything positive about cosmetic links yet? I understood it on legendary skins but not on the normal Cheryl skins. I love mix and matching cosmetic pieces and this just ruins it for me. The Legion also has this which baffles me. The reason Mr Puddles was such a good edition to the game was because you could put the elephant head on any other Clown cosmetic. Also Lisa costs more than the whole chapter?! This is extremely confusing.

It says a lot that this particular topic seems to be ignored by the team. I may be wrong which I will take the criticism for if I am but I don't think a dev has explained this whatsoever.

Playstation Theme:

For those that don't know you can buy a bundle that includes dbd, the silent hill chapter and I think two other chapters. The thing is if you buy this you get a silent hill ps4 theme. Now as someone who obviously already owns the game and already has every dlc I find it extremely annoying that i can't get the theme when I just buy the dlc from the store.

I'm sorry but I need to say all of this. There is just a lot of questions I feel the team need to answer in relation to this chapter. I love this game and have been enjoying the chapter but these little things have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Comments