Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So we can't click on profiles anymore...

Why? You realize people might actually WANT to add people after game to be friends right? Is this to combat people teaming up for SWF? How are we supposed to report accounts of people CLEARLY speed hacking? Like what was the purpose of this?

I mean I get harassment. I really do. But there are people who would like to be friends after game both killers and survivors.

Comments

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Yeah I’m not sure I like this change either, I can only click on the randoms in the lobby pre-game now.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Just press start and go to the party info menu. They added it into the endscreen. Now you can also see who played which charackter in the endscreen.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

This is for PC only though, again console gets seconds.

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165

you can thank hypersensitive people who cant ignore messages

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

So we can't add friends or report obvious hackers because people can't close they ######### eyes and hit the escape button?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

so an extended report is not possible anymore because you can’t get the steam cloud if or whatever it’s called?

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
  • Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

It is an incredibly stupid addition. Just gives a free pass for hackers, EAC is a joke on its own, most accounts get banned through reporting an account, to be checked, by the playerbase. #GoodJob

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I really don't think it's intentional as you can still go Options -> Match Details (on PC anyway) and click your way to survivor profiles. Probably some other UI change that broke it or something like that.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020

I particularly like the not being able to get annoying random friend request.The other part I don’t like that now we can’t directly report/block people.Sometimes I wonder about the idea’s they come up with at the headquarters🤔I’m on ps4 if anyone was wondering.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

Yeah the problem with that is you're in game and you don't have many opportunities to just afk sit in a locker and check someone's profile. then if your game crashes there's a good chance the cache in your steam with be deleted as well.

I literally just ran into a streamer that admitted to hacking BP to P3 Pyraid Head/Cheryl. I reported their stream but I couldn't report their profile initially because I forgot to click on it in game and not during post game. I finally found it (they uses a common hex name but flashed their pic on stream so i could pick it out) but honestly that's so cumbersome for no reason at all.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

This is STUPID. Let us handle our own business instead of blocking us from toxicity in a way that won't even work. They can STILL just as easily message us it will just be harder to do. So messaging in any capacity what so ever will now be harder to do. Great job.

Also you can...PAUSE THE GAME and message the survivors from that screen so how does it make sense to block the tally screen? The pause screen still exists in post game. It doesn't block anything other than survivors messaging the killer and it doesnt even do that. Just makes it take longer.

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

They should make it the players choice> if we allow other players to view our profile or not, y'know

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited June 2020

This is just one of many cases of BHVR implementing things with very little thought process behind them, if it's actually intentional. They seriously forgot how their report system works if it is intentional which is hilarious.

Not everyone clicks on people's profiles to be toxic. I've gotten a lot of nice messages and became friends with lots of nice people after they sent a friends request. If somebody doesn't want to deal with toxicity they can easily make their steam profile private or not allow random people to send them messages on consoles. There is no need for this at all.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Nice, now you can't check who hacked Legacy skins.

Awesome.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Is it before game or just after game? If it's begore game could be to make it less convenient for players to check profiles while in the lobby and dodge if they see something they don't like. Also maybe lessen Solo players sending chat invites before the match. If it's just the end game screen though that just seems unnecessary.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited June 2020
  • bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

That seems odd then. I can understand making things before game inconvenient to do, but once the game is over? Just unnecessary.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

@Peanits is this an intended change?

• NinjaDette1

It saddens me😒...

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554

It seems everyone mentioning the match details in the post-game aren’t noticing that no one can see the killer’s profile. No one.

Even as someone who mains killer, that’s pretty dumb.

• ASurvkillivorer

Its in the patch notes. Its stupid.

They won't ban people who DDOSED me even though I could prove they did it. But they will make it harder for us to use messages for ANY purpose what so ever while on their game. Wow.

• ASurvkillivorer

Added Block feature to Tally Screen, allowing to prevent someone from sending friends invite.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

BHVR removed seeing ranks in lobby to prevent dodging and making people feel bad

they are removing ranks likely in-part because it led to people feeling bad

removing links to steam profiles because of toxic people making them feel bad would not be hard to imagine

• RockoRango

If that’s what the “confirmed in patch notes” thing is about, that’s probably a bug. And if it isn’t, that is worded HORRIBLY.

• ASurvkillivorer

Well it is but its blatantly obvious its intended. What are the odds that would be there and it NOT be intentional.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Why? This change just makes reporting cheaters harder. Why on earth would you want to make that harder?! The only reason I can think of is a cheater paid them but that sounds so stupid.

• ASurvkillivorer

It never showed ranks in the lobby. When it DID show them it was a bug. It should've always showed the ranks.

• Martesa55
    Martesa55 Member Posts: 208

Actually thank God that they did that because I have been tired of getting hatemailed from every potatoe that doesn't know how to play

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

What bugs me is how the heck do we get someones steam 64 now that you cant view the killers profile and the other way around basically renders reporting useless.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Hope they revert it

• NinjaDette1

@Peanits this saddens me with the new system😒.

• RockoRango

That’s a side-effect of a feature that was needed to keep the player base from cheating.

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209

Why not thank the people who can't help but send abuse after a game?

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165

i dont know ask yourself which side of those 2 factions its easier to get rid off

• RockoRango

Easier doesn’t translate to better.

Then again, a lot of the game’s decisions can be defined by that.

• TheEntity03
    TheEntity03 Member Posts: 117

I still get some hate as Killer it didn't do anything...

• Nehalennya
    Nehalennya Member Posts: 39

I first thought it must have been a bug. I don't see anything useful in the way it is now. Someone doesn't want to get hate comments on steam pinwall? Well- you have settings on steam who is able to comment or not .... you don't want to add new friends? Well, ignore friends adds from others. You don't want anyone to see details about yourself in steam? Well, use steam settings to set your profile private...

There are so much possibilities to avoid hate comments after a match... when you don't want to read anything after match- leave lobby, block anything at your steam profile and continue.

I am annoyed about this change- when I play a killer and I mess up with him because I don't know how to play him and just try to do dailys- I am thanktful if a survivor tells me he knows how to play him and what I can do better and that he want to tell me or show me this in kill your friends.

If I play killer and meet some good or friendly survivors, I maybe like to add them or I am happy when they add me to play together. Sometimes I see some playstyle which I really like and I want to know how it works or how to counter it. So it is helpful to have the possibility to add them after the game.

I would understand to block seeing other profiles for everyone (killers and survivors) BEFORE the match starts- but after a match it seems useless.

The other side others mentioned before and to which I totally agree is the hacker reporting thing- when you use the support-ticket-page you need to enter the Steam-ID of a profile. So, well- ingame reporting is a nice option, yes- but it is better for players who recorded a hacker- they can send it via ticket... I don't think some BHVR guys want to look every full match where someone reported anything about it.

For a game which is nice for make up new "friends" to play with- this option is the stupidiest change they made since a long time ago...

the benefits of being able to add other players after a game are much better then the disadvantages. Who doesn't use the steam settings and plays with public profiles, allows anyone to comment on the steam wall and can't handle negative comments- it is his own fault.

• f33dbacksTTV
    f33dbacksTTV Member Posts: 16

for everyone 1 person that wants to team up there are 25 who want to send you abuse