Cross-Progression Questions

Options
memiieko
memiieko Member Posts: 187

The game is currently on sale on Steam and most of its DLCs. My main account is on my Xbox but I plan to switch to PC next year so that begs the question surrounding cross-progression. I'm ecstatic that the devs have announced that they're looking into it but I was hoping if I could get any answers surrounding whether I'd need to repurchase every DLC I hold? I only own 2 DLCS: Chains Of Hate & Silent Hill but I purchased every killer with Auric Cells + Laurie, Yui, Ash, Nancy with Auric Cells or Iri Shards

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

No offical statement but im sure itll transfer the characters and the skins.

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187
    Options

Yeah, I was hoping if anyone could give insight because not many games have done cross-progression and I'd like to wonder what I would have to repurchase.

• asimplelegion
    asimplelegion Member Posts: 66
    Options

I’m not sure but I play on both Xbox one and ps4 would what I’ve bought on both be merged into one account? Because I have a decent number of killers unlocked with auric cells on my Xbox

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

I wouldn't be surprised if stuff bought with Auric Cells/ real money didn't cross over. If only because BHVR aren't the only ones who profit off of that. Free stuff, or stuff unlocked with Shards, I'd guess would, since that's all purely in- game. So bloodweb progress, unlocked perks, maybe Shard-bought characters if that's tracked (though I wouldn't count on it)

• 1anioh
    1anioh Member Posts: 62
    Options

It might be possible after crossplay is implemented, but not before then.

In order for something like that to work the account and all of its details would have to be hosted on a 3rd party server, i.e. at behaviors office and not via the platforms built in service. So instead of using the PS or Xbox membership details it would have to resemble something like Ubisoft, where they've got the membership and accounts linked externally on its own thing with the platfrom servers connecting to THEM for details.

Its a lot of work and has a much higher risk of errors and unhappy customers, but it is do-able.

Again though, crossplay would have to come first because that would be the easiest way for the framework to be added in game.

*This is just my opinion as a coder, not as anyone who knows anything official.