New map sucks

Options

Try playing myers with this new map.. take every jungle gym and add these huge bushes that you cant see through in it.
By far worst map.. kinda wondering why they didnt listen to people's comments on it when it was on the ptb..

Comments

• guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149
    Options

wait what... If this is the worst map, what about coal tower? Groaning storehouse? Ironwork of misery???
    This map doesn't even have time waster (aka infinite)... There are only a few pallets on the map... This is really not the worst map

• Sandbagger69
    Sandbagger69 Member Posts: 60
    Options

@Thetruth said:
    Git gud. stop crying

Are you kidding? Easily rank 1 killer and survivor been playing for years and if youve looked around what people have said about it youd realise that the map is bad.. you sound clueless. Im attempting to make the game better by fixing broken elements of the game.

• Sandbagger69
    edited September 2018
    Options

@guest602 said:
    wait what... If this is the worst map, what about coal tower? Groaning storehouse? Ironwork of misery???
    This map doesn't even have time waster (aka infinite)... There are only a few pallets on the map... This is really not the worst map

Just having this map as an option considerably weakened Myers as a killer.. And hes def on the weaker side when it comes to killers especially with any decent survivors.. Just looks messy too imo

• Sandbagger69
    edited September 2018
    Options

@BigBlackMori said:

@Sandbagger69 said:

@guest602 said:

Just having this map as an option considerably weakened Myers as a killer.. And hes def on the weaker side when it comes to killers especially with any decent survivors.. Just looks messy too imo

Nah, you're just bad. real bad.

-A Myers main

you do realize as a myers main all those bushes on that map break line of sight for stalking right? or are you low rank against bad survivors? Cause anyone decent would lose you.. other killers do good on that map as I just did a leatherface run and killed everyone. Get over yourself could care less if your a myers main. Also its as if you don't understand the already clear Killer tier list

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    Options

@Thetruth said:

@Sandbagger69 said:

@BigBlackMori said:

@Sandbagger69 said:

@guest602 said:

-A Myers main

you do realize as a myers main all those bushes on that map break line of sight for stalking right? or are you low rank against bad survivors? Cause anyone decent would lose you.. other killers do good on that map as I just did a leatherface run and killed everyone. Get over yourself could care less if your a myers main. Also its as if you don't understand the already clear Killer tier list

You cared enough to reply. Maybe bigblackmori can show you some pointers and give tips on how to play better

Don't get seen, can't be avoided. That's basic - approach using all that cover, get your stalk on before they get a chance to notice you. Survivors do not pay attention at all unless they hear a heartbeat, and that's a fact. Cover works for Killers, too.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181
    Options

@BigBlackMori said:

@Thetruth said:

@Sandbagger69 said:

@BigBlackMori said:

@Sandbagger69 said:

@guest602 said:

-A Myers main

You cared enough to reply. Maybe bigblackmori can show you some pointers and give tips on how to play better

Don't get seen, can't be avoided. That's basic - approach using all that cover, get your stalk on before they get a chance to notice you. Survivors do not pay attention at all unless they hear a heartbeat, and that's a fact. Cover works for Killers, too.

I don't know, as a survivor I'm in panic mode as soon as the match starts, constantly looking for homicidal bacon, flimmering wraith-shaped thingies approaching and of course Mr Jumpscare undressing me with his eyes. :p

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181
    Options

@BigBlackMori said:

@Thetruth said:

@Sandbagger69 said:

@BigBlackMori said:

@Sandbagger69 said:

@guest602 said:

-A Myers main

I do pay attention. Homicidal bacon, wraith-shaped flimmering or Myers undressing me with his eyes. Panic mode from the first second on. :p

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544
    Options

Pftt I use stalk from the bushes. What is OP talking about?

• Sandbagger69
    Options

yeah if you catch a survivor not paying attention to the brush then yeah easy ew2. Map still looks like a mess though. Very sloppy looking. I get rank 1 killer and survivor every season without having to go for the try hard meta perks that almost every killer and survivor run. Also watching many streams a lot of which agree with exactly what im saying right now. I just hope this can be changed to be less of a mess.. Surprised you don't think its messy. So far my opinion remains the same.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Not a Myers main but huntress but maps filled with loads of obstacles cause's me annoyance/most fun I have because I have to time my throws and I love to lunge around corners on hurt survivors also if you cant get stalking done dont stalk use Myers 0 heartbeat to your advantage and put in nc and to find them boom they cant hide and you can waltz up and kill em easily
  • apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Sandbagger69 said:
    Try playing myers with this new map.. take every jungle gym and add these huge bushes that you cant see through in it.
    By far worst map.. kinda wondering why they didnt listen to people's comments on it when it was on the ptb..

Yeah, I imagine it's like trying to play the nurse, or the hag in gideon's meat plant. Killer's aren't meant to be awesome everywhere, if we're going to have some semblance of balance.

Oh, I think this is why they have those level selection offerings, too. That way, you can reserve your best add-ons for levels that pair well with them.

• redsopine1
    Options
    apropos said:

@Sandbagger69 said:

Yeah, I imagine it's like trying to play the nurse, or the hag in gideon's meat plant. Killer's aren't meant to be awesome everywhere, if we're going to have some semblance of balance.

What he said also again if you cant get tier three on this map maby its because this is a Myers map nurf for all tier three insta downs adjust your game play and oh I dont know learn strategy let them go never tier 2 use nurses calling stealth chase catch as they heal and stick on a hook
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

As a Nurse main, that map scares me a bit honestly.

• Yuki
    Yuki Member Posts: 59
    Options

Stop crying. The new map is awesome! Just learn to play.

• redsopine1
    Options
    Yuki said:

Stop crying. The new map is awesome! Just learn to play.

Lol I been telling them that I even told them how to adapt to the new map lets see if anyone with half a brain can tell its a strategy to adapt for Myers why waste stealth that's inbuilt when you.can use perks that make it more deadly
  • BigBlackMori
    Options

I mean, i like the map just fine. First time on Live with a 4-totem build, easy 4k in fun game, though i still got accused of being a 'Toxic #########; for ...not camping or tunneling. Seriously, i ran Devour Hope, TotH, Ruin and Huntress' Lullaby. Never stayed near a hook for a second, got EW3 4 times. Still toxic. I love the new map; it has zero BS mini-infinites and is easy to navigate with plenty of cover for a killer that isn't a no-brain zoom zoom Billy main, Huntard, or 'Lol blink2win' Killer. It's a thinking man's map on both sides; so try thinking.

• redsopine1
    Options

I mean, i like the map just fine. First time on Live with a 4-totem build, easy 4k in fun game, though i still got accused of being a 'Toxic #########; for ...not camping or tunneling. Seriously, i ran Devour Hope, TotH, Ruin and Huntress' Lullaby. Never stayed near a hook for a second, got EW3 4 times. Still toxic. I love the new map; it has zero BS mini-infinites and is easy to navigate with plenty of cover for a killer that isn't a no-brain zoom zoom Billy main, Huntard, or 'Lol blink2win' Killer. It's a thinking man's map on both sides; so try thinking.

Dud you full hook kill people or dh Mori did you record it?
  • BigBlackMori
    Options

@redsopine1 said:
    BigBlackMori said:

Dud you full hook kill people or dh Mori did you record it?

2 hooks, 2 DH mori's. Didn't record but i have screens

• BigBlackMori
    Options

And screens, lest you think me a liar (i cant upload to steam for DbD because i'm forum banned on steam)

https://imgur.com/NUYaTxE

https://imgur.com/zN74M8l

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

The new map is fantastic. It feels "unique" and has a nice color to it...

Like fall fruit and smoke or something lol I like it.

• Exodragon0
    Exodragon0 Member Posts: 1
    Options

The new map although it looks nice, isn't great to play on, i immediately disconnect every time I get sent to it, whether offering or just bad luck a rage quit is coming.. I use to think the swamp was the worst map .. but the devs was like hold my beer..

• S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110
    Options

survs are fu**ed when you have a trapper or a hag on this map. even the pig is a terrible opponent here when it stelaths into the bushes watch a generator. Myers have good cover for stalking there too and freddy finds his sleeping friends almost everywhere.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

My only problem with the map is the amount of low objects you can get stuck on while moving.. otherwise i like it

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Looks great not very killer friendly though. Feels large and cluttered to play as killer. Fun as survivor though.

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529
    Options

This map is as bad for killers as the "the game" map is for survivors, so guess we're even :P. now they can make balanced maps in the future for both killer and survivors :P

• wolflinkin
    wolflinkin Member Posts: 52
    Options

New map looks amazing.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296
    Options

The wors map is Larys followed by Haddonfield.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

@Sandbagger69 said:

@guest602 said:

Not every map has to be a good map for every killer. Maybe its not the best for myers, but its better than rotten fields.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

Certain maps play better for killers as oppose to others.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

It looks amazing but I hate playing as killer on it

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,778
    Options

Love the new map. Though I'm speaking from a survivor main perspective.

• HaterMcTater
    HaterMcTater Member Posts: 37
    Options

I'm a big fan of the new map, I feel it did a lot of things right. There isn't as many pallets as other maps, however there's more spots to hide. This allows chases to be possible but encourages a play style that revolves around stealth. It can be frustrating as killer to try and find survivors, but tracking perks are helpful on this map, not to mention, totem spots are pretty good on this map. I can understand that this is not a good map for Myers' that seems obvious, but I wouldn't call the amp trash.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited September 2018
    Options

My only compaint about the map is how dark it is (Claudette Cloaking device has turned up to Max Level PLUS ULTRA on this map).

It's a mid-sized map, sitting in the middle tile-count wise - so most killers should have no problems traversing it quick enough... excepting the 110% speed killers with no travel powers. (RIP Huntress)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

@BigBlackMori said:
    Survivors do not pay attention at all unless they hear a heartbeat, and that's a fact.

Now hey, that's not a fact.
    I always do my best to identify the Killer, which includes looking around to see if i spot a stalking Shape.

• TheScarletPotion
    TheScarletPotion Member Posts: 46
    Options

I so far enjoy the map the only thing I have noticed is the map has loaded in broke a few times like a hill you could usually walk up on was completely blocked off by bamboo at the end of it so I had no way of walking up it along with a few other map spawn issues like that.

other then that its a map that requires a change of game play on both sides and like every map some killers are better of then others on it nothing wrong with that imo.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605
    Options

I'd like to have some more variety in the maps, like some where you can go underground or into a cave.
    Maybe even a overgrown castle up on a giant hill or something like that.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

I like the map. About the only thing I'm not a fan of is the bamboo that you can't walk through.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I don't think the map is too bad for either side, I have no experience with myers on it though. I can't imagine the stalking is harder than Coldwind Farm

• DinoCannibal69
    DinoCannibal69 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    There needs to be more pallets on the map. A pallet for you, a pallet for you and a pallet for you OP Freddy. 
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

If you get mad at a couple of bushes on the new map you must despise the corn fields.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Great pig map
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

@Sandbagger69 said:

@guest602 said:

-A Myers main

You didn’t have to put that you’re a Myers main, I pinky promise every killer main on here has their main as their avatar. We are weird that way.  
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    Terrortot said:
    Great pig map
    It is! You actually can hide effectively for once!