PS4 users.. a question

Venzhas
Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Did someone knows why each time we start the game the console sounds like an old vacuum ?

Because i dont. I just feel like she's dying inside for my entertainment.

Comments

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222

you need to clean your fan which is really easy to do. my console is quiet when i play dbd after i cleaned out 5 years worth of dust off the fan.

its really easy to access the fan look it up.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Open her up

She's dusty

Clean her insides and she'll go from jetliner to kitten purr

The game is really rough because of the way its programmed. You'll usually only see that on older ps4s and higher render games.

But I do really understand

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Don't go crazy just pop the shell off and dust what you can

Top plate sides off hard drive slides out dust

few screws in the bottom, few in the back. Pop the top shell off.

Gently lift the top shell. You should be able to blow out the fan and a few other parts and just pop it back.

Don't be scared its not that hard

Really no need to replace thermal paste or resodder the motherboard or anything silly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WVzWK3H3iN4

Use this video STOP right after he removes the power supply. Theres no need to unplug anything just flip lift it gently out, clean under it and then lay it right back down in

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Wow thanks for the answers, i never though about this ... i should give a try

• Dweeteater
    Dweeteater Member Posts: 37

Me too. I cleaned the ######### out of my PS4 a few months ago. Flushed out the heatsink, replaced thermal paste etc., etc. My system is loud again though:/ and i think DBD is partly to blame. I can play graphically demanding games like Witcher 3 and it doesn't get as loud from what i can tell. With DBD it's noticeable.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,723

Cleaning the system can help and is something you should do anyway but it's just a DBD thing. DBD is the only game I have that makes my PS4 take off to space but it's normally only when I start it. It calms down pretty quick after a little bit and it doesn't help I have an older PS4. Newer ones would handle it much better I assume.