So why are we punishing people for liking a character?

Options

Comments

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options
  • GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 271
    edited June 2020
    Options

I bought the skin and played quite a few matches today, and I didn't notice a single game where I felt targeted (luck?). Didn't know there were people being so petty about it, but it doesn't surprise me. I believe a good chunk community doesn't have the maturity level to handle this game.

As for the skin, its probably one of my favorite skins in the game and will be my main from now on. I tend to run healing builds so now I have a skin to role-play with which is really cool. Considering the fact that I didn't buy the last three chapters nor any battle-pass/skins I felt like I could spend more cash than I normally would on a single skin that i'll probably use until DBD dies.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

The persecution will make your stronger in the end until those who play Lisa are god survivors.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

It's just people being really petty. Nothing new, same happened with Bunny Feng and Dwelf.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Should ppl be tunneled for having an opinion though. The liked what they bought.

• sourglobe
    sourglobe Member Posts: 40
    Options

Same here as well

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

THIS!!!!! Like Cheryl and Nancy literally have the same voices so do Adam and Tapp.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

It's easy.

You're supporting a character players have an issue with. You're funding bad habits.

(from what I read on the forums, don't blame me for it, I'm just stating it)

• kate_best_girl
    edited June 2020
    Options

Well they should get over it personally I don't like Zarina, Adam, Ash, Tapp, or Bill but you don't see me tunneling or camping them.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    edited June 2020
    Options

Because this cosmic malevolent being's pocket dimension isn't big enough for two Nurses and they must now fight to the death.

And actually probably many reasons, mostly because people can and will be jerks against anything they remotely don't like because they can get away with it.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Don't ask me, ask them. I'm just stating what I've been reading on the forums.

• amiikaii
    amiikaii Member Posts: 2
    Options

I got Lisa because I’m a huge SH fan, I saved up auric cells from the last rift and this one, knowing when they announced a legendary skin it would be pricey. Plus I knew I’d be getting Alessa and Robbie ^-^ As I’m a huge SH fan I have no issue spending the money on something I love. For other people to be petty and punish people in the same boat for it is beyond shocking. However, tunnelling, camping and mori-Ing seems to be a play style of many killers anyway. So it’s nothing new they just seem to have banded up and said let’s kill Lisa when they’ve already been playing that style anyway. It’s just the luck of the draw with DBD. Some games are awesome and fun. Some games are...well. Not. 😂

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333
    Options

Probably cause she costs $15,more expensive,more than 2 Dlc characters,and she is just a Cheryl Clone with no name change or new voice.so some people think that the devs did a poor job with the first skins,which is true in some way.

• claudetteispeng
    claudetteispeng Member Posts: 31
    Options

Its the same with Bunny Feng well was eventually people will just treat her as a normal survivor. Plenty of people camped, tunnled, moried Feng if they had the bunny skin. Its really stupid I don't know why they did it and it sucks it makes me scared to play those characters with them cosmetics as I don't want to be killed so early on in the game. But I would say have a different outfit or survivor if you really don't want to get camped or tunnled until the toxicity calms down.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Its legit just a skin that costs 5 dollars more than a normal skin. I dont know why people are so butt hurt over it either. And all I see are "no new voice, no new perks, no real name" when there is an obvious reason to it. Say it with me now. Its JUST A SKIN. Skins dont get perks and #########, characters do.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

If it's seriously some sort of protest against legendary skins this just reminds me of a game I used to play, Town of Salem. A skin that existed in that game could only be gained by donating to something (a kickstarter campaign I think?) and it got so bad they had to implement a rule specifically against "Skin Shaming" 😄

No one's saying people have to buy legendary skins, no one's saying BHVR will only make legendary skins from now on. Way too early to jump to such conclusions. And the "linked sets" seem more like a copyright/license thing than anything. If it might lead to stuff like more Myers skins and even Leatherface skins I'm all for it as it's an option for those that want it. And even if they started only making expensive skins, the only way to "protest" that has a snowball's chance in hell of having any effect is to simply not buy it anyway.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

A real protest against the price of it would quite simply be not to purchase it. The tunnelling does nothing to stop people because everyone knows this will die down and a new obsession for the angry mob will take its place. It's a fad that will go.

As it stands it's less a protest and more of I "Well if I can't have nice things then you can't either". Sparks of jealousy.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

It’s honestly stupid I’ve had it happen as well it makes no sense how is being scummy to the point no one uses a skin gonna make the devs update the skin if even if they did no one would use it in fear of being tunneled or Mori for it

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I saw a stupid forum of someone trying to encourage killers to be toxic towards lisa's as a stand against the dev's for not doing what they wanted with her. It's the most petty and self centered thing I've seen on the forums ever. And if they wanna tunnel me because I have no perks then jokes on them cause I'm level 50 lol.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Yeah I saw that one as well this isn’t the first time this kind of stuff has happened it’s happened to bunny feng as well for some reason graffiti nea cowboy jake and many others just cuz of a skin

• SketchyPenguin
    SketchyPenguin Member Posts: 141
    Options

The Toxicity for the Lisa skin will die soon eventually.

Many people had high expectations since the devs stated it's a Legendary skin, without describing the difference to a very rare skin e.g. The only thing we knew about it was that it would be a new character model with new animations and to me personally the skin matched the description. The Lisa skin is a new character model, despite some comments saying she just looks like a Lisa Cosplay for Cheryl and she has new idle animations in the lobby.

They never said, she would get lore or an own voice actor. If stated otherwise please inform me. To me, personally, the term Legendary in any game that uses a real-life currency system is a cash grab unless you're really invested into the item. I think that those people had a different description in mind based on other games that offer Legendary items/skins.

Anyone who wants to play Lisa, whether they're a hardcore Silent Hill Fan, a collector that wants to own every cosmetic in-game or just likes the aesthetic of her, has the right to play her and shouldn't be the target of some toxic players that think that the devs monitor every match or that it is a protest against this philosophy.

Here's a sincere question: How will the devs know that players who use Lisa are the main target for mori's?

I, personally will wait, for a sale to get her cheaper, because I can't bring myself up to invest almost 15€ for a skin. (I always debate with myself when I really want an AC only skin and I will almost always wait for a sale). We also have to bring Konami into this game. They're known for two things.

1. They rarely share licenses
    2. They like money so much that many people refer to them as Komoney.

I also play Yu-Gi-Oh! in my freetime and you can really see their profit-thinking by printing good and competitive cards in a tinier amount than others to earn more money by selling their products. Therefore I could really believe that BHVR had a share-agreement with much more profit to Konami than any of their licenses before (I guess Freddy is a close 2nd).

To come back to the topic:

There were so many skins that got tunneled too in the past/still are, to state some (MY OPINION, which I saw in-game):

• Bunny Feng - Sunglasses Steve - Neon Nea (The one with the blue sweater) - Deathgarden Meg

TD:LR

If you read all of it, thank you very much for the time that you invested. Sorry for my English, if it was difficult to read.

In conclusion, if you want to play with any skins, play it. Everyone should be able to enjoy the game in their liking. Killer Mains that want to tunnel and Mori Lisa's have now an "official" reason to tunnel survivors and use moris. Even though many of them already did it before. Don't let those salty players ruin your fun. As a 50/50 player, I will respect any player no matter the skin. BUT if you show toxic behaviour in-game you will for sure die on hook no matter what.

The words of a New-Year Min

• Teethgrinder83
    Teethgrinder83 Member Posts: 99
    Options

Yeah the "flashy" bright, indigo coloured skins I'll often go for more than the darker coloured skins purely because their easier to see, I never go after someone "just because". Frankly I'm not good enough to make a point of just going after 1 player lol I run about, try and keep my gens safe and if I see someone then I try down them-sometimes it breaks "etiquette", for example ill be setting a trap as the hag and walking away after hooking someone when my trap goes off, immediately I'll try and hit whoever is closestnor catches my eye first, sometimes the person off the hook and sometimes the rescuer. I mean I'm a killer main and can't get past rank 12, that says it all lol I had to stop playing survivor because I hated seeing survivors so often be toxic. But thankfully there are really fun to play with/against survivors too

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    Options

Imagine someone actually tying this.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Let's be honest. Who has that idea come to mind when they play killer and the new survivor is in their lobby.

• kate_best_girl
    Options

I read it all and your english is great! People like you are so sweet like omg you guys actually cheered me up and made me not regret purchasing it :')

• kate_best_girl
    Options

Are you referring to my post or referring to people tunneling Lisa players?

• Nonfunctional
    Nonfunctional Member Posts: 70
    Options

You're personal issue is how someone else spends their money.

How do you not drown in your own disgusting entitlement every second of your existence?

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Just saying that Claudette players have had to put up with this for years now.

We pick the character and don't bother buying cosmetics because A) we don't want to stand out like a lightbulb and B) want to save Shards for the Shrine or save money. Then there's a target painted on our backs because of our character choice for "being a toxic Blendette".

People in general suck, and while acts like "Tunnelling" are allowed to remain in the game, then they'll justify it however they want.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

You're projecting.

If you take a moment from your own drowning situation and think about the implications of the statement you'll find where its validity lies.

Try thinking about it this way:

A company creates a product. They put less effort into this product as other products they've created but charge a higher price by labeling it as a premium item.

IF the item sells like crazy they'll continue to create subpar products in the future since it took less effort to create.

IF the item doesn't sell well, perhaps the company will improve the quality of such "legendary" products in the future.

See the point now?

If you don't see it, ignore it, or otherwise don't care there's no hope for you as a consumer and you'll continue to be fleeced by these sorts of marketing tactics.

A _____ and their money are soon parted afterall.

• kate_best_girl
    Options

They literally said they were unable to give her a voice but its something they want to start doing

• SpaceCoconut
    Options

They say the same thing about map fixes, sound fixes, general balance, perk changes, and literally every other thing players request on a regular basis.

• kate_best_girl
    Options

Except theres kind of a global pandemic going on so voice acting is incredibly hard especially on a separate licensed character

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    Options

As a killer, I do no such thing to Lisa players. I had one match where a survivor was being toxic in the end game chat in all caps because I was playing as Pyramid Head. The only reason from what I could tell was because I paid for PH and I guess he doesn't like the Silent Hill patch; the struggles of being a broke moron, I guess.

• kate_best_girl
    Options

Yeah haha I mean look at everyone whos mad at Lisa in this forum post

• SpaceCoconut
    Options

As I recall, when Candyman was still being speculated, Tony Todd tweeted about audio techs turning one of his rooms into an audio booth. Additionally, it's possible to record audio tracks in one place and send them to another to be processed.

Please, continue to try and come up with more excuses because this is fun.

• kate_best_girl
    Options

Was Tony Todd talking about Dead By Daylight? No? And is he also a famous actor doing voice lines for an incredibly famous and popular horror movie that can no doubt fund something like that? Yes? And doesn BHVR have funding to do all that especially just for a couple grunts and screams? No? Alright next. Just admit you're entitled and wanna punish people for liking a character

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

paying for a skin that is 2x the actual bundle

omegalul

• kate_best_girl
    Options

Who cares? If you don't want it don't buy it its that simple!

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

It's not bhvr that made the decision. More likely than not it was konami. Punishing someone for purchasing someone is really scummy.

• SpaceCoconut
    Options

Nothing in this post of yours talked about the fame of the subjects or projects, and in the end you admit that this point fails since you yourself say that it's possible.

BHVR's estimated revenue is approximately $113.1 million per year. Plenty of cash to spare for some long distance voice recording.

By resorting to name calling (entitled) you've successfully lost all basis to be arguing with me about this matter since you clearly have no facts to back up your claims.

You should move on.

• kate_best_girl
    Options

You realize a lot of that isn't JUST DBD? DBD has its own funding which they use to pay everyone else in the now team of over 200 people. Also you can't argue literally anything all you've done this entire time is "DEV BAD!!! DEV MEAN DEV MAKE SKIN TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!" Like im sorry but what did you expect? When they introduced legendary skins its common sense that they'd be MORE expensive than very rare skins as they're a higher rarity so how did you honestly expect them to cost less? I seriously cannot believe you're this dedicated to hating the devs that you support scummy playstyles and being a disgusting person just because "Muh skin too expensive." Sorry you don't like it but stop taking that hate out on others its so pathetic.

• kate_best_girl
    Options

Also the cost of an in house audio booth is at the very least $4000 for a professional one so you're telling me you expect them to pay $4000 to add a couple grunts and screams onto a skin that probably wouldn't even make over $4000?

• SpaceCoconut
    edited June 2020
    Options
  • BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333
    edited June 2020
    Options

It's obvious that the devs want to record Grunts,sounds in "their own offices,recording studio" instead of their homes,they dont want to risk their lives or their employees lives,for a few sounds,with all the Covid Situation,or at least,i want to believe that's the reason to why the L Skins are like that currently.

• kate_best_girl
    Options

The devs said themselves its something they really wanna do but at the moment can't

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715
    edited June 2020
    Options

In my opinion, it's not to just punish you, it's to make you show your concern on the forums so the issue would get more feedback.

Plus, you think only about yourselves here when you're being fine with the current Lisa state. Let me explain. I want to buy Lisa, I really do. But the feeling that she isn't a separate character doesn't allow me to do so. Do my 15$ really worth wasting on her? It's mentally hard to be in this state because I'm a fan of Silent Hill and Lisa is one of my favorite characters but technically her in-game state is bad. I can't ignore her because I'm a fan and I can't buy her because her current state is bad. I'm happy you can waste your 15$ without a second thought but some people consider everything before spending money. I would just watch you seeing your favorite character being poorly put into your favorite game for the highest possible price. Instead of rightfully asking for proper Lisa treatment you support this type of marketing. You don't care about Silent Hill fans with tough money issues in the first place and the Silent Hill fans don't care about you. Yet still they are the only wrong people in your story as if you did nothing wrong.