The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

the spirits power .....

20 second cool down is a joke .... im sorry but her power makes her the weakest by far. and dont come giving me the crap of "mind games" in a chase she can barely catch up. great job on making the weakest killer their is by far minus freddy. probably only good thing about her is her perks ....

Comments

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

cooldown is fine, just dont use her full duration at once.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

20 second cool down is a joke .... im sorry but her power makes her the weakest by far. and dont come giving me the crap of "mind games" in a chase she can barely catch up. great job on making the weakest killer their is by far minus freddy. probably only good thing about her is her perks ....

Did you play on the ptb? If not then I think you should form your own opinion after a few days of playing her. And even if you did play on the ptb it wouldn’t be accurate enough due to the fact that people was barely able to find a match. 

However I am not saying you are not entitled to your opinion, just stating the fact that it would be better when you actually given her a chance instead of going based off what others have said 

Which is what I am going to do when I get a chance to play her.
  • TheDarkLycan

@Iceman said:
    dannyfrog87 said:

Did you play on the ptb? If not then I think you should form your own opinion after a few days of playing her. And even if you did play on the ptb it wouldn’t be accurate enough due to the fact that people was barely able to find a match. 

However I am not saying you are not entitled to your opinion, just stating the fact that it would be better when you actually given her a chance instead of going based off what others have said 

btw they kept the bleed bug in the game

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@TheDarkLycan said:

and what if im in a chase. cooldown is not fine at all. so im not supposed to use it then? she is addon dependent she will only be a noob stomper.

• TheDarkLycan

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

and what if im in a chase. cooldown is not fine at all. so im not supposed to use it then? she is addon dependent she will only be a noob stomper.

you just need time to learn her playstyle, plus i just 4k'd with her at rank 3 so clearly she isnt a noob stomper

• dannyfrog87

@Iceman said:
    dannyfrog87 said:

yeah i did play her even then i thought it was a joke .... her cooldown is ridiculous plus her movement speed only way i manage to get anyone was when they made mistakes minus one pallet mind game. im not basing it off of what others have said so dont give me that. ive used her enough to know. hell freddy can do more than she can lol. more so when he gets buffed. even bing bong is better than her

• dannyfrog87

@chemical_reject said:
    She's been out for less then a couple hours......Git gud 

she was also in the ptb i and many others tried her. so with your "git gud" get out of here with that. you tried to play her? if not then shut up

• dannyfrog87

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

you just need time to learn her playstyle, plus i just 4k'd with her at rank 3 so clearly she isnt a noob stomper

rank means nothing if the survivors are competent they must of been noobs if you managed to wreck them. let me guess you was using addons. without she is useless her power but thats my opinion

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940

@chemical_reject said:

she was also in the ptb i and many others tried her. so with your "git gud" get out of here with that. you tried to play her? if not then shut up

Lol and those same people came up with their "opinions" while only playing her for a couple hours. Even the devs shut down their idiotic ranting about her needing buffs. GitGud
  • TheDarkLycan

@dannyfrog87 said:

@chemical_reject said:

are you sure you're not just bad? she clearly is good since i could 4k a rank3 lobby with no perksXD

• TheDarkLycan

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

rank means nothing if the survivors are competent they must of been noobs if you managed to wreck them. let me guess you was using addons. without she is useless her power but thats my opinion

i had no addons actually

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Try to get used to her first. While I do agree that her power hurts her more than it helps her, I'm holding off on saying so until I've had a long time to play her, to see if I'm right or not.

• dannyfrog87

@Orion said:
    Try to get used to her first. While I do agree that her power hurts her more than it helps her, I'm holding off on saying so until I've had a long time to play her, to see if I'm right or not.

exactly. you hit the nail on the head hurts her more then it helps .... people mentioned buffing her one of the devs said it would make her too "op" utter bullshit. it would help her not be addon dependent. oh come on if we can figure that out now and in the ptb .... yeah it says it all.

• dannyfrog87

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

i had no addons actually

well. they was a bunch of noobs then. rank means nothing.

• dannyfrog87

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@chemical_reject said:

are you sure you're not just bad? she clearly is good since i could 4k a rank3 lobby with no perksXD

bad i hooked 2 of them so no. im not. ok show me a video where you 4k every game. dont act as if the 20 seconds cool down wont be irritating. 4k if they make mistakes are utter noobs. she will be a noobstomper not a viable killer.

• TheDarkLycan

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

i had no addons actually

4man p3 claudettes with DS SC BT and SB and 2 BNP and 2 insta medkits but they were noobs?

• TheDarkLycan

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@chemical_reject said:

bad i hooked 2 of them so no. im not. ok show me a video where you 4k every game. dont act as if the 20 seconds cool down wont be irritating. 4k if they make mistakes are utter noobs. she will be a noobstomper not a viable killer.

i never said 4k EVERY game and the 20 cooldown doesnt matter if you can learn to mindgame at pallets and make people think that you have your power back

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

i had no addons actually

4man p3 claudettes with DS SC BT and SB and 2 BNP and 2 insta medkits but they were noobs?

Considering they brought that set up, yes, noobs. 
  • dannyfrog87

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@chemical_reject said:

i never said 4k EVERY game and the 20 cooldown doesnt matter if you can learn to mindgame at pallets and make people think that you have your power back

and what if your not at a pallet and in the open how do you mind game that? yeah exactly. aka the cornfield maps or any areas with collision or vaultable areas .... neither did i. can you 4k more than one game in a row with her. i bloody doubt it lol .... her power works against her. she will be a noobstomper unless she gets buffed nothing else to say

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@PigNRun said:

It's the stale Survivor meta - every safety net in the game.

• dannyfrog87

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

i had no addons actually

that means nothing they just grinded out the time and the points. you think bringing all that makes them not a noob? they can still be braindead as survivors lol

• TheDarkLycan

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@chemical_reject said:

and what if your not at a pallet and in the open how do you mind game that? yeah exactly. aka the cornfield maps or any areas with collision or vaultable areas .... neither did i. can you 4k more than one game in a row with her. i bloody doubt it lol .... her power works against her. she will be a noobstomper unless she gets buffed nothing else to say

why would you use her power in the open anyways? bloodlust would be better in that case and if i tried then yes i could get consistent 4k's

• dannyfrog87

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@chemical_reject said:

why would you use her power in the open anyways? bloodlust would be better in that case and if i tried then yes i could get consistent 4k's

lol bloodlust would be better. yeah i tried that chasing a survivor round not using her power then i decided i was forced to use it. also they nerfed bloodlusts speed yeah .... sure you could. do it then. then upload a video proving you can 4k consistently. it still stands her power doesnt work for her it works against her. same as freddy except he will be stronger than her if he gets the right buff. which is moronic ....

• dannyfrog87

@Orion said:

@PigNRun said:

It's the stale Survivor meta - every safety net in the game.

yeah without it they probably would of got flattened instantly. exactly. noobs.

• TheDarkLycan

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@chemical_reject said:

lol bloodlust would be better. yeah i tried that chasing a survivor round not using her power then i decided i was forced to use it. also they nerfed bloodlusts speed yeah .... sure you could. do it then. then upload a video proving you can 4k consistently. it still stands her power doesnt work for her it works against her. same as freddy except he will be stronger than her if he gets the right buff. which is moronic ....

trash talking my main XD freddies power doesnt really work against him, every one says he is bad and sh't but he is really good if you have the skill to play him right. same with spirit

• dannyfrog87

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@chemical_reject said:

trash talking my main XD freddies power doesnt really work against him, every one says he is bad and sh't but he is really good if you have the skill to play him right. same with spirit

hahaha freddys power doesnt work against him i stopped reading when i read that. takes 7 seconds to put someone asleep. cant stop someone healing cant stop you unhooking cant stop or interrupt you doing anything yeah about how it doesnt work against him. lol @ really good skill to play him. he is the weakest killer by far. if only people make mistakes like any killer they go up against makes him good. he needs addons to be even anywhere close to being mediocre. the devs steam rolled freddy into the ground.

• TheDarkLycan

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@chemical_reject said:

hahaha freddys power doesnt work against him i stopped reading when i read that. takes 7 seconds to put someone asleep. cant stop someone healing cant stop you unhooking cant stop or interrupt you doing anything yeah about how it doesnt work against him. lol @ really good skill to play him. he is the weakest killer by far. if only people make mistakes like any killer they go up against makes him good. he needs addons to be even anywhere close to being mediocre. the devs steam rolled freddy into the ground.

you sure you're just not a skilless killer who complains just because you cant win? you seem to not have anything nice to say so why not just get off and eat a raw pufferfish or something?

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Hey, OP! I'm with you!

So, if we can be constructive, what are you supposed to do with the Spirit's power?
    Is she a chaser?
    Does she get the drop at gens?
    Is she a camper?

As it stands i'm coming up with a whole bunch o nothing.

Also, for the ranking survivor thing.
    I got to R1 w survivor and I am rubbish. Can't loop, can't juke, run in a straight line in a panic. Ranking as survivor is ezpz!

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    worst killer added by far tbh
  • Supernaut

OK, so without the shouts of "git gud", "just mind game", "break the pallet" and claims to fairies at the bottom of the garden, what about some constructive suggestions as to how Spirit can be used as an effective killer?

Freddy's supposed to be Trash tier, but can be incredibly effective when his power is used properly, so, what is the proper use of The Spirit's power?

• dannyfrog87
    edited September 2018

@Supernaut said:
    Hey, OP! I'm with you!

So, if we can be constructive, what are you supposed to do with the Spirit's power?
    Is she a chaser?
    Does she get the drop at gens?
    Is she a camper?

As it stands i'm coming up with a whole bunch o nothing.

Also, for the ranking survivor thing.
    I got to R1 w survivor and I am rubbish. Can't loop, can't juke, run in a straight line in a panic. Ranking as survivor is ezpz!

well her movement speed needs a buff. or actually give her the ability back to track blood like it was in the ptb. btw she was bugged in the ptb being able too see it. so as it stands she relies on addons too much. for her cooldown being 20 seconds it should be 15 id say 10 but i know the devs will say thats too much probably. 110% movement speed ######### is that about? for a killers power that has such a stupid cooldown of 20 seconds also to top it off.

in her phase walk her world cant see blood only scratch marks. also at the moment her phase walk survivors seem to be notified of it when they shouldnt be another bug people mentioned. also she can be stack flashlight stunned instantly. all in all she is ######### and the worst killer. so she needs her power cool down to maybe 10 or 15 seconds her movement speed increased to 112% at least i say 115% but we all know the devs will be like op as one of them said buffing her cooldown would make her over powered lol. still i say she needs 115% movement speed. bing bong is better than her hell even freddy is lol .... he can track where as she cant only scratch marks. her power works against her.

and by the way to those of you who are saying you 4ked. i realised some of you are on console .... yeah console is nothing compared to how survivors play on pc especially in the lower ranks. haha is she a chaser hell no not with 110% movement speed she isnt. shes "supposed to get the drop or counter loops" in the open in a chase she is screwed. say a cornfield map she is done for because say she phase walks without blood tracking addons she might as well just stand their and be like where did they go lmao. she has no potential for map pressure whatsoever. till she gets buffed it will be a leatherface 2.0 good perks on her but other than that no practical application other than to feel powerless when you phase and to lose the survivor because she can only track scratch marks which can be inconsistent anyway.

yeah rank means nothing its easy to pip as survivor. its how competent survivors are. those are the things i can think of. freddy is more viable than her in some aspects and after his buff unless she gets some herself. he will be above her as a killer lol ... as always we will still see billy as killer or nurse as being the most viable. in her current state she wont ever be and hag ....

• dannyfrog87

@Supernaut said:
    OK, so without the shouts of "git gud", "just mind game", "break the pallet" and claims to fairies at the bottom of the garden, what about some constructive suggestions as to how Spirit can be used as an effective killer?

Freddy's supposed to be Trash tier, but can be incredibly effective when his power is used properly, so, what is the proper use of The Spirit's power?

to cut people off at loops or at least try or surprise them on gens or maybe some windows or possible killer shacks other than that id say nothing with her current weakness of cant track blood and 2 she cant see survivors. she is just meant to be lost in her world allowing survivors the feeling of comfort ah she cant see me il just double back and hide behind a wall or something. its how it is to me lol. but with her current cooldown if its a big building of 20 seconds their is not a chance she could block it off with her base movement speed of 110% https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Rin_Yamaoka

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245
    edited September 2018

I still need to play her, but I'm skeptical of these complaints of her being too weak. I mean, every time I've seen someone try to play her on youtube (granted, I haven't watched much) people always try to use her ability to land on people - that's gonna be really hard to do. I really want to describe how I'm going to play her, but I really don't want to give it away. I will say this, her ability isn't only useful in catching up to survivors...

As for any modifications, it would be nice if while using her ability she could leave a manifestation of herself in a random position, within a 10 meter radius of her current position, to further confuse the survivor to where the spirit is.

I think the most enjoyable aspect of this game is surprising survivors. My first deranking experience was the most recent one, and man, you can tell that those higher rank survivors are still learning. During a chase, they run right into you when you cut them off because they're busy looking behind themselves. It's what makes looping a disadvantage for a lot of survivors, sure it seems like a good idea to do it, but often times survivors will commit to vaulting before they're even there. Which puts them in a position to be exploited. Expectation is a survivors worst enemy.

• dannyfrog87

@apropos said:
    I still need to play her, but I'm skeptical of these complaints of her being too weak. I mean, every time I've seen someone try to play her on youtube (granted, I haven't watched much) people always try to use her ability to land on people - that's gonna be really hard to do. I really want to describe how I'm going to play her, but I really don't want to give it away. I will say this, her ability isn't only useful in catching up to survivors...

well go play her then you wont be sceptical. you will see lol.

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134
    Based off my time with her since she's been out, I do agree her power does work against her. In my opinion SO FAR (subject to change later on) she seems to be the weakest killer. If survivors couldn't hear her coming while she is phase walking she would be much better. You can't really get the jump on survivors and that's what I thought she'd be good at. Her perks are all that's good about her. I know there's a lot of people who say oh you must just suck or get good but that's not the case. I'm not the best but I do well most of the time. I don't see anyone consistently 4 killing with her. Maybe there's some strategy or perk build i haven't figured out yet that will help but to me, for now, she's the worst on the roster. 
  • PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

@chemical_reject said:
    dannyfrog87 said:

@chemical_reject said:

Lol and those same people came up with their "opinions" while only playing her for a couple hours. Even the devs shut down their idiotic ranting about her needing buffs. GitGud

She was bad on PTB as well, there was a titanic thread about how bad she was, and tons of comments complaining about her power cooldown. The only way to circumvent having a trash cooldown is with add ons.... and nobody likes add on heavy reliant killers....

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018

She now have a very loud noise indicator when she uses phase (It's a big giveaway) for survivors, mind game potential is now ruined

• TheDarkLycan
    Supernaut said:

The best use of her power is to fake using it, the ultimate mindgame
  • TheDarkLycan
    Based off my time with her since she's been out, I do agree her power does work against her. In my opinion SO FAR (subject to change later on) she seems to be the weakest killer. If survivors couldn't hear her coming while she is phase walking she would be much better. You can't really get the jump on survivors and that's what I thought she'd be good at. Her perks are all that's good about her. I know there's a lot of people who say oh you must just suck or get good but that's not the case. I'm not the best but I do well most of the time. I don't see anyone consistently 4 killing with her. Maybe there's some strategy or perk build i haven't figured out yet that will help but to me, for now, she's the worst on the roster. 
    People also said that no one would consistently 4k as Freddy but just look at me. A Freddy main though and through
  • dannyfrog87

@TheDarkLycan said:
    TheShocktor said:

People also said that no one would consistently 4k as Freddy but just look at me. A Freddy main though and through

pc or console? well. they must be noobs or its small maps. freddy can excel on small maps. still doesnt change the fact her movement speed and power cooldown works against her not for her. they buff that she will be some what viable. she shouldnt need an addon to see blood either. that to me is moronic ....

• TheDarkLycan

@TheDarkLycan said:
    TheShocktor said:

pc or console? well. they must be noobs or its small maps. freddy can excel on small maps. still doesnt change the fact her movement speed and power cooldown works against her not for her. they buff that she will be some what viable. she shouldnt need an addon to see blood either. that to me is moronic ....

They were not noobs and I normally get coldwind or auto haven, I just know how to play Freddy so I can deal with almost any player
  • dannyfrog87

@TheDarkLycan said:
    dannyfrog87 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

TheShocktor said:

They were not noobs and I normally get coldwind or auto haven, I just know how to play Freddy so I can deal with almost any player

ok platform? well autohaven is easy for him its a small map he can keep the pressure on

• HellSpawn42
    HellSpawn42 Member Posts: 6
    I have played against and as her on the ps4 a lot today. Just from my time on the ps4 her speed is really good. To be honest it depends on who is playing her. In the hands of a new player they will have a hard time with her. But experienced killer mains should have no problems. Again let me state this is for console players not PC lol.
  • dannyfrog87

@HellSpawn42 said:
    I have played against and as her on the ps4 a lot today. Just from my time on the ps4 her speed is really good. To be honest it depends on who is playing her. In the hands of a new player they will have a hard time with her. But experienced killer mains should have no problems. Again let me state this is for console players not PC lol.

yeah. theirs a big difference on ps4. i have ps4 too. i go their i can flatten the survivors. pc is entirely different lol ....

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416
    edited September 2018

@dannyfrog87 said:

sadly most of us was saying this in the PTB feedback area. alas we was told they didn't need/want feedback on the killers power as that was pretty much a done deal. I am a survivor main and she needed the ability to see auras while phase walking in the PTB. seeing blood while in phase walk should have been part of her base kit. she should be able to enter her phase walk while moving around. most important of all she has a power meter she should be able to use her power at any time if there is sufficient power in the meter to do as the killer desires. not have to wait for it to fill completely to use her power again. these are the very things i a Survivor main wanted to see happen to the new killer in the PTB testing but nope these changes would have made her viable in all ranks and put her right between billy and the huntress in power.

• dannyfrog87

@EqMonkVeeshan said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

sadly most of us was saying this in the PTB feedback area. alas we was told they didn't need/want feedback on the killers power as that was pretty much a done deal.

well. they should revise that opinion. for being so ignorant to it. sorry but that makes them morons ....

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@ZombieGenesis said:
    I've played against her some today, as her some today, and watched multiple streamers do the same and this is the first killer to ever be released that wasn't a slaughter machine on day 1. This is the strongest she will ever be as survivors have not yet adapted to her yet and she's still lucky to 2k or 3k in a match with highly experienced killer mains.

In a week or two, once people have grinded her perks into their general pool, she'll be in the dumpster with The Clown.

The Clown is actually a good killer. Better than most. He's unpopular because of how unimaginative he is and because you may as well just play Huntress if you want to throw things.

• Supernaut

oh, incidentally; I've just been playing as survivor and have had two Spirits disconnect in consecutive games after being looped to high heaven...
    Food for thought...