The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SURVIVORS ARE TOO STRONG, MAPS ARE NOT BALANCED

xxDeathwishDW
xxDeathwishDW Member Posts: 138
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

Every time I play as a killer, I try to down someone but it is impossible. I know that someone will say " YoU aRe bAd, pLay NuRsE lOsEr"

When I found a survivor, he just goes to a pallet and start to loop...

1,2,3... Pallet down!

Guess what will he do next:

loop start,1,2,3... Pallet down!

And guess again:

Go to basement... loop thorugh 2 doors:

Loop from vaulting:

1,2,3 Pallet down!

Oh, you finally down a survivor, let's look at the bottom of the screen: Find the Exit.

IT'S REALLY, REALLY ANNOYING. PLAYING AS A SURVIVOR SO EASY, JUST LOOP. YEAH, THAT'S IT JUST LOOP AND YOU WIN!

Also, you tried to catch a survivor and finally catched it, as your last chance you start to camp, otherwise all 4 will be escaped.

Hmm... But what's it? 1, no,2, no, 3 SURVIVOR WITH FLASHLIGHT + DECISIVE + UNBREAKABLE + SPRINT BURST IS COMING YOUR WAY!

And after the game ends, here is the chat screen u are searching for:

xxProPlayerxx: haha noob camper

THEDECISIVETOXICPLAYER123: yea just camp gotta love them lolol

.toxic.: noob cant even get a kill haha

[THEUNBREAKABLEPLAYER]: lol so noob camper, dont play this game pls.

You: But guys, this was only my chance!

xxProPlayerxx: wHat a gOoD eXcuSe

.toxic.:yea, NOOB.

And the pallets... PALLETS EVEYWHERE! New Silent Hill map, as a example, there's a vaulting option and a pallet in EVERY. ROOM.

And then love playing as killer, is it possible?

Please, if I am wrong, correct me(and i am serious) and give me some advices.

I think I'm gonna quit from it, it's really annoying and the community of this game is so toxic.

Please, balance maps, and nerf survivors just a little bit. Playing killer and gaining 4k is impossible.(I mean 1,2,3,4 ranks)

Comments

• xxDeathwishDW

Sorry for my bad English btw.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

The new map has alot of pallets that you have to break that are in the way and you can't get past without them.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

I had a chase last night upstairs that was just 4 pallets in a row that I couldn't get past without breaking it or a wall.

Idk i can't claim one or another im only 10 games on the map but I loose almost every time as killer. There is always a wall in my way for where I need to travel Always. But claustrophobic is silent hills signature

Idk if I play it more it might reveal itself but for me its too early to tell.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045
    edited June 2020

Walls are a different thing, way too many of those, agree on that. But safe Pallets are not very much on this Map. The biggest problem for Killer on this Map is to navigate on it, there is so much distance that needs to be traversed to get to a Gen (which is technically only a few meters away, lol). But it is also not good for Survivors, the Hallways have nothing to work with and as Survivor you need to hope that there is a Pallet left in the room you want to enter, and even then, those are unsafe. And well, finding Gens is a challenge...

Played Freddy on the new Map and it was a cakewalk, because Freddy does not care about the patrolling issues.

So yeah, I hope they go over that Map. Or maybe I need to play it more with both Killer and Survivor, but currently I would say the Map is visually a 11/10, but gameplay-wise not the greatest addition ot the game.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

I only dislike the amount of pallets in a single area, but the loops itself seems a bit ok (except the asylum loop)

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

My first question is what killer are you playing? If you are playing a killer with a power that doesn't help end chases if will be an uphill battle.

My second question is what perks are you using? A killer without a power that helps to end chases often benefits from perks that help with that. Enduring, Brutal Strength, and Spirit Fury among others.

My third question is are you using any mind games? Or just trying to chase them down with pure speed? If you aren't trying to mind game you need to.

As for your position that maps are very unbalanced. I have to disagree. There are maps that favor survivor certainly. But there are maps that favor killer. With the recent updates that created so many dead zones more maps have become either killer sided or more 50/50.

Lastly if you continue to struggle I'd suggest watching some streamers to learn new tricks that might help. Marth is a fantastic killer. He also has a smaller community so it's pretty easy to get him to answer questions. Fungoose is another excellent killer. He also has a habit of running commentary while he's playing. You literally hear his thought process.

Puppers is more of a survivor main, but watching him will help you see what survivors tend to do. Oh Tofu and Monto are also excellent choices.

If none of this helps I'm not sure what else to suggest.

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298
    edited June 2020

Part of the problem is that it's always going to be harder being the 1 in a 1v4. Part of the problem is that unfortunately very few survivor out-plays feel like out-plays to the killer - they're just frustrating and feel like cheese. Part of the problem is that there are a whole bunch of survivor "lobby out-plays" with passive second chance perks that require no other input from the survivor. Part of the problem is that the survivors can feel like their team "won" if somebody gets out, whereas the killer only really feels like they "won" when they kill all four - which shouldn't be very often. All and all it's a pretty punishing gameplay loop for a killer.

Plus, despite it being better balanced than it has been, the game is also still pretty survivor sided once you get out of brown/yellow ranks. Survivors will always be pushing their limits to see what they can get away with in regards to the killer, rather than to see if they can get away period. Whether that's good or bad is beside the point, it's the kind of game DbD is.

My advice: try to relax. Don't look at a loss as a failure but a move towards a more fun game for you. There is a sweet spot for every killer where the survivors aren't so tryhard to make the game unbearable and not so potato to make it an auto-4k.

Recognize that matchmaking is fubar and you're gonna have some unwinnable games. Don't smash your head into the wall trying to learn from these games - the frustration and toxicity you'll have to sit through isn't worth it. Just stay casual about chases and give up early on them, open the door for them when they finish the gens, find a wall to stare at and let them bleed the end game timer to the last second teabagging to nobody in the exit hall or behind your back (this will happen every single time). Remember that a 4e just helps you maintain a fun game for you - there's zero point to ranking up as a killer.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Yeah, they're all pretty ######### tbh, aside from the 2 god pallets.

• xxDeathwishDW

I usually play the Pig or Legion. And I KNOW, I AM GOOD AT THEY. I can't really tell my perks, cause I don't have the um... how you pronunce... idk "the perk group".

And I do mind games, I usually do. But please, I am not lying:

There were 4 pallets next to each other, 2 is a long loop location. And there's a basement there. How... just how can I stop this? It's impossible!

And yeah, I watch guides and streamers. No help. All toxic.

• xxDeathwishDW

I want from you to pay attention to this forum's comments' killer advices. All Huntress, the Plague, Freddy, Spirit, Legion etc. etc.

So, what about the other killers? You all guys are just saying that "As a Huntress, as a Spirit main, as Freddy main" That's the problem!

Other killers? Then delete the other killers which will ignore the pallets, the basic mechanic of the game.

The pallets should be less on all maps, and other problem u guys saying "the certain maps like Haddonfield, the killer is weak" why the certain maps? If a game wants to be good, then it's develepor(sorry bad english) should try to do best and try to close basic errors like this. It's really annoying.

• xxDeathwishDW

How did you think that pallets are not a "problem" for killers? It takes time. Time = A game's result changing factor

• xxDeathwishDW

JOKE?JOKE? IS THIS LIKE A JOKE? You are like the ones who say "go play nurse, u bad, git gud" Same as always.

• xxDeathwishDW

Ah, another problem, thx for revealing... "Funny?" funny. Yeah. Funny in a horror game. That's another problem. The survivors don't scare from the killers! Is that make sense to you, my friend? The survivors shouldn't be have fun with the killer. They should scare but the community was so toxic, so they all changed as you said.

I looked the gameplay of the old game. Everyone was hiding and trying to escape but not that long looping. There were balanced maps.

The old DBD was better. Now it's mess.

• Aven_Fallen

Ah somewhat competent Killer will manage to get a Hit on those Pallets.

• NeaMainNON_TOXIC3
    NeaMainNON_TOXIC3 Member Posts: 260
    edited June 2020

Your responses to comments shows that you won't take any constructive criticism. You say you are good at Legion and Pig, yet you can't seem to shut down a loop as them (assuming you played them). That's their strong suits. Pig's lunge can surprise someone. Legion's power allows them to jump over a pallet. Legion is at their best during a chase. If you want killer tips watch Otzdarva. Do not blame maps for your lack of skill. And if chases are difficult, use chase perks. Enduring and Spirit Fury are good for a chase.

I would've liked to see op's response to this but it seems they've given up

Post edited by NeaMainNON_TOXIC3 on
  • BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Thompson House got buffed, there are about 19-23 pallets.

The Game will has around 30.

Suffocation Pit, I counted about 19-21 Pallets.

Most of the maps that were made smaller didn't take away the pallet spawn, they created dead zones in maps but a lot of them are pallet havens.

• SewerSwans
    SewerSwans Member Posts: 147

Watch some Fungoose play a weak killer like Bubba; he will never chase only one survivor for an extended period. You are describing making an enormous mistake, and losing for it.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020

In what way shape or form are survivors stronger?.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Loops don't bother me.

I think you need to get back to the grind, and learn to counter loops.

Get out there, killer, and do your job.

• CantDeadHarder
    CantDeadHarder Member Posts: 188

do you realize how hard it is to lose a decent killer?

And Besides, which one do you want? Do you want 4 blendettes that you cant find? or would you rather actually have interactions with the survivors?

Doctor counters hiding, and loops

Nurse, huntress, trapper, deathslinger, demogorgon, and billy can shut down loops as well.

At this point take away all of our perks, remove all the pallets, remove windows, give killers infinite bloodlust 3. We really aint allowed to defend ourselves at this point.

• felipao_brabo
    felipao_brabo Member Posts: 169

lol

• xxDeathwishDW

I know, the hit is not the biggest problem. The problem is, looping.

• xxDeathwishDW

Yeah.Yeah. I'm trolling. Sure. Haha. I'm trolling haha.

• xxDeathwishDW

But then you realize that "the small dead zone" is a new looping location. 1,2, Pallet down! MAPS ARE UNBALANCED.

• Aven_Fallen
  • xxDeathwishDW

PIG'S LUNGE? Is the survivors #########? Can't they hear it? And Spirit? Again a killer which ignores pallets...

• xxDeathwishDW

I'm good. When a balanced map comes, i usually get 4K. But like broken and unbalanced maps like Springwood, I hardly get 1K.

• xxDeathwishDW

I'm not doing a enormous mistake. But when I try to spot and chase and down a weaker survivor, there's always a pallet he move towards.

• genosyo
    genosyo Member Posts: 46

you sound like you need to get better, instead of complaining,

have you seen how OP nurse, clown, hillbilly, huntress, deathslinger, ghostface, and piggy are?

• xxDeathwishDW

No,I'm not git gud. I don't want to talk anymore cause u guys dont understand.

• xxDeathwishDW

This game is not like "losing the killer". The all objective is now looping and take time of the killer. Which year are you? Who tries to lose killer at this times? C'mon!

• xxDeathwishDW

Look.

In the past, the all players were stealthy. Now they all are aggresivly. I want to be stealthy. Because, it's the true way this game must played.

Okay, they can loop. But they are just looping every time, without trying to not be seen from the killer. That's boring. They and we should scare from killers. Not have fun with him/her.

Survivors can do:

Camouflage

Hide in lockers

Hide behind the objects

many more!

And if these things don't work, they can loop, okay. But now eveyone is playing aggresivly. I came here to be scared. Feel the horror. Not for a funny game.

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178

Its all about the mind games that's how its done

Make them believe whats true is false and by the time they've realized the mistake it's to late.

• xxDeathwishDW

PLS READ THE FIRST SENTENCES OF FORUM. WHAT ARE YOU SAYING??

• Sunri
    Sunri Member Posts: 100

Git gud 😘

• uBoluCha
    uBoluCha Member Posts: 121

??? is this a joke thread ? i mean you can fake destroy pallet or moonwalk, hide your red stain. And you say SURVIVOR SHOULD SCARE THE KILLER?, play in rank 20 and you'll see that more often, also if you think removing the pallet is good what do you think survivor should do running like a headless chicken and die ? i play both side and i already r1 for both side so i know 100% hiding is boring for killer or even for survivor it's not rewarding high bp you just get 10-20k, and for killer just 1-10k if you just manage to find 1 survivor at least,

JUST GIT GUD