The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lisa needs a price deduction immediately

greekfire774
greekfire774 Member Posts: 170
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

I'm sorry behavior but this is sad. You can clearly see the fans complaints, you can see the issues EVERYBODY has with Lisa not having her own voice and movements. It's time y'all at least address the issue publicly or tell people to shut up and deal with it. This is on y'all and it's time to rectify the situation so people can stop getting ######### on for simply playing a character. A legendary skin should be unique and not just a simple reskin. $15 for your skin and currently dead by daylight cost less than that on Xbox. This is pathetic and y'all need to address the issue.

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,495

They addressed the voice problem in the q and a and said theyd love it but cant do it right now. Probably changing the name from cheryl to lisa should be easy but im not a dev.

• greekfire774

I could care less about getting tunneled. I don't have that issue personally. However I get messages harassing me and insulting me over a simple skin. It's ridiculous and I've already had about 10 different killers I had to report and get comms banned.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

A lot of games follow this model. Fortnite must really infuriate you since it’s literally a free game.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Maybe take a look at Warframe and League of Legends (both free games).... skins for League REGULARLY cost $10-15 with people paying even $25 for certain skins (which are NOT AT ALL worth it). Warframe charges up to $140 for "Prime Access", which includes a character that is basically just a recolor of it's base skin with a few stat changes that aren't even worth mentioning (yes, it includes other things like paid currency and weapon reskins as well, but my goodness. $140 is absolutely insane).

We're not talking about a DLC, we're talking about a skin. Skins don't change any aspect of gameplay and are purely cosmetic. I'm honestly surprised that this is the first skin they've released that's over $10 in the ~4 years DbD has been out.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I can't see Konami giving the DbD devs the okay to reduce the price. At most all that will actually happen is that future legendaries will be ever so slightly cheaper. Even then, I highly doubt anything will change because once you give this enough time people will no longer be complaining about it.

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

Okay when you want to record voice lines for a character what is the place you would go? a recording studio,maybe inside a office who knows,but it's very clear that you re not going to record voice-lines from your home right?,are the devs working in the Behaviour Studio,offices? very likely to be a No they re not,they are working from their homes,so maybe that's the reason why they can't do it,it wouldn't be the same quality.

as for the price,they should lower it till they go back to their offices or studio to make voice lines,but not very likely to happen (lower the price).

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

It's most certainly an issue with Konami, but the price should be lowered until some changes are made.

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

IMO:

Green skins: $3-$4

Purple skins: $6-$7

Legendary: $10 at most.

People have really gotten used to multiplayer games skewing their depictions of reasonable cosmetic prices. I think even what I'm putting the skins at is a little much. I'm sure with these prices, the devs would still be making more than enough money. I get it, they need to make their money. Can you at least make the prices reasonable. One purple skin is more than an entire DLC for crying out loud. And people actually buy and support this kind of stuff.

Remember when BHVR was more consumer friendly, and made a cool skin pack with tons of neat stuff for only $3? Whatever happened to that. I want BHVR to be their best, that's why I cannot support them with any of this overpriced skin crap. I was going into the store update hopeful when it was first added, and I heard that like 70% could be bought with playtime; But the catch is the playtime prices are ludicrous, and the cool skins that are cash only, have usually ridiculous prices. Speak with your wallet.

Also don't give me any of that "it's just a cosmetic". You'd be lying if you said cosmetics weren't a big factor into goals/gameplay loop. It's one of the few things players can work towards besides leveling their characters and playing the game.

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

I just don't get it, why is it so hard to tell the community about it? @Almo, it's another thread about Lisa, people are clearly not happy with her. Are you planning on adding her new voice once you go back into the studio and changing her lobby name? Are you being quite to avoid strong negative reaction for the community? What's wrong?

• Realmofthemadgod
    Realmofthemadgod Member Posts: 23

I mean this was konami sooooo

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

This isn't bhvrs fault. Idk how so many people think that they're to blame smh.

• greekfire774

@Squirrel_Thicc It is their game that they have put their name on. It is their fault by default.

• greekfire774
    edited June 2020

I have played this game since it was released on Xbox and I want nothing more than for behavior to succeed with this game. I'm not going to sit here though and defend them when they can't address a simple skin issue with the community. I have spent countless dollars on this game for killers, survivors, cosmetics and I love it to death but this is just ridiculous. Something has to change with the way we are kept informed with issues cause the way they are doing it now clearly isn't working for anybody.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839
  • BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Just because other games have released expensive skins doesn't make it okay to do it. I agree that bhvr has gotten really greedy it seems with the rift and mediocre DLC. The DLC just seems like an annual distraction at this point.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

Difference is - Fortnite is literally free and you don’t have to spend a penny to play the game

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2020

All of the outfits need a price reduction. We should also be able to buy 100 cells for $1 so you're not forced to buy the $5 option and have a bunch of leftover cells.

• Common/Brown outfits should just added to the base game and removed from the store.
    • Uncommon/yellow outfits should cost $1. They're basically recolors of the default outfit.
    • Rare/green outfits should cost $2. They're actually something different from the normal outfits.
    • Very rare/purple outfits should cost $3. This is where we start getting into the special outfits.
    • Event outfits should be $5. It looks like a lot of work goes into those, so having their price be equal to that of one character is ok.
    • Legendary outfits should vary from $7-10 depending on what they come with. If it's just a different look, then $7 would be fine. If the outfit gives the character different sounds, animations, etc, then I'd be fine with $10.

Lisa is definitely not worth $10, much less $15 in her current state. Hopefully the devs can work something out with Konami so they can lower the price or make Lisa worth the $15.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

At least it would be great to see discounts on auric cells from time to time. There is a lot of players from poorer countries that doesn't want to pay this much for auric cells.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Skin you not forced to buy

• Wackyspider
    Wackyspider Member Posts: 8

I have no idea what the contract is with BHVR, but let's assume they are entirely at fault. As a 3D modeler who has worked with mostly commissions. $15 is ridiciulous for a large scale game with this player base.

• greekfire774

@Squirrel_Thicc nobody has come out and said that and you don't know. Yet again I'll reiterate, it is BEHAVIORS game that BEHAVIOR made and put BEHAVIORS name on making it BEHAVIORS fault by default regardless of the underlying circumstances. Stop defending corporations who don't give a ######### about you as a consumer.

• greekfire774

@Squirrel_Thicc Konami isn't going to give them 2 licensed characters and let them be $5 a piece and then turn around tell them that a single licensed skin needs to $15. That arguement makes absolutely no sense and I'm tired of people trying to justify it with "its Konami". No, it's behavior being money hungry and not giving a damn about it's fanbase.

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

No, her price is okay. It's her execution that makes people angry. She costs nearly like a character (500) + cosmetic (1080), so she must have separate lore, voice and name in a lobby. Do we have it? Nope.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

I think you dont know what are you talking about.

Your opinion is invalid.

Devs dont need to change the price just because you cant afford it or arent willing to pay for it, which is fine but then dont complain.

The game dont cost $15 as long as it isnt in sale.

Also the DLC only cost like $8

Also there are times where the devs cant just change the price like when its licended like in this case.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Well I haven't had many opportunities to play this week, but in the matches I have had, there have been quite a few Lisas.

If people are buying at that price...the price will remain. After a while they could put it at a sale price for a limited time once it shrinks in popularity.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Cosmetics bring in revenue and help the actual content keep being sold for a lower price.

When it comes to licensed dlc and ccosmetic there are two parties which want to profit from it hence they can be more expensive.

Not liking how its done or the price is not a valid issue as its an optional purchase which isn't needed to play the game.

This then comes down to a want over a need.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

What people don't seem to realise is that the Silent Hill licence must have cost a fortune. It's Konami we are talking about here.

The way i see it. It was either the DLC being more expensive or the Lisa skin.

I say they made the right choise

• Squirrel_Thicc

Im not defending, I'm just saying that bhvr probably doesn't have control over her price.

• Squirrel_Thicc

Idk how this license stuff works but again...bhvr doesn't own lisa so they don't have control over it. Also, even if it is their decision... so what? Purple skins are what? Ten dollars? One rarity above that is only 5 dollars more. If it bothers you that much then just don't buy her. There's no need for the aggression in your replies lmao.

• Silentfox
    Silentfox Member Posts: 12

Leave it, it will go on sale at some point, buy it then. It’s for early adopters so zip and stop targeting people who own the skin. You can only say something if you own the SH chapter, so many people who don’t even own the chapter are complaining for the sake of complaining. Behavior is a business and they need to pay their workers.

• Sushi_x2099
    Sushi_x2099 Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2020

actually that is on the devs since they themselves said 1st hook camping and tunneling is a strategy .....then punish survivors cause whiny killers complain about gen rushing