Another rant post about the new map, but my god, it needs a rework ASAP.

Botiz
Botiz Member Posts: 483

I genuinely don't think i've ever disliked a map this much on release. I've been playing since October 2018 when it came out for free on PlayStation Plus, if anybody wants to know that so I wouldn't know how other maps were on release before that time.

First off, huge props to the level designers for making the map look absolutely incredible, with the easter eggs, ambience and whatnot. Y'all did a great job in that aspect!

However, this map probably has the worst gameplay of any map whatsoever right now. It feels absolutely gigantic, sometimes making it a hard time for even 115 killers to have map pressure. It has like one or two strong pallets for survivors with the rest being extremely unsafe. You spend absolutely tons of time going into different rooms to try and find generators. Getting to teammates on the second floor from the bottom floor can be a complete nightmare. It feels like a maze. The audio effects of the map can be way too loud at times, making it hard to even track survivors. You can pretty much just hold forward running straight through the corridors to waste tons of the killers time.

I've never wanted a map to be out of rotation this much since i've started playing, but my god, I just want to DC everytime I get this stupid map.

Comments

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I like it as killer and survivor to be honest. Definitely much more than killer on Haddonfield. Doctor and PH seem to work real well on it. You just kinda gotta learn where everything is. I mean part of what you are saying is contradictory. The pallets are unsafe,but you can do next to nothing and waste the killers time. That's the whole point. To waste his time. You don't need many pallets when there's huge loops. Ive actually seen some insane loops people can run. Watch some videos from the PTB. Tru3 had one that was pretty crazy. I just don't like how it's hard to find the stairs lol.

I'm not going to belittle your complaints though. I felt the exact way about research facility. It's big and confusing. That's on top of it meaning nothing to me because I never saw Stranger Things. I still kinda feel that way,but I got used to it. I think doing much to it would lose some of the charming and unique aspects. Making it smaller you lose some of the detail. I personally don't like the fact theres so many places the survivors can hide in plain sight,or these little nooks you can't even see into. I like having one big interesting map for once. I see where you are coming from though,so I'm not going to argue or anything.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

There's actually just a trend of people bringing in map offerings because the new map is so #########.

• CaptainSkel
    CaptainSkel Member Posts: 24

I completely disagree. I really like the new map, both as killer and as survivor. It's actually scary like a horror game should be and there's a ton of interesting loops throughout the map. I will admit that it's unfriendly to people playing it for the first time as it's disorienting to try and navigate when you don't know where anything is, but that feeling will go away after playing it for a bit.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

It has more than 2 strong pallets. I've counted like 4 or 5 extremely strong pallets. But yeah the rest are absolutely garbage. And some really nasty windows. Some guarded by breakable walls, some not.

• uBoluCha
    uBoluCha Member Posts: 121

i think the map have it own characteristic it's quite unique and balanced on the both side (not for deathslinger,and huntress) and for the pallet there's only 2 or 3 super safe pallet and the rest of it are not too safe if you can trick it, there's just a few window there, and if the survivor just running through corridor you can easily catch up

• Meg_Survivor
    Meg_Survivor Member Posts: 199

I think the new map is actually good , i only got to play it once but the killer did catch me a few times , tbh i like it better then most maps we have in the game

• OldWiseOne
    OldWiseOne Member Posts: 159

the map is killer sided for sure, the loops are so weak not to mention the long hallways... the main issue is people dont understand there are 4 stairs (one in each corner, only 3 can be accessed by the survivors) with multiple drop down points, when you learn those its not too bad at all tbh made an easy adept. only map i seem to actually play on lol