SURVIVORS ARE TOO STRONG, MAPS ARE NOT BALANCED

2»

Comments

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726
    edited June 2020

wait so in your opinion survivors should be afraid of the same thing for after 200h? can you name me the game that you can play over and over and over (for 200h and still be afraid of the exactly the same thing?) if you want to still be somewhat scary play hag or GF (jumpscares)

Edit: hiding is one of playstyles xd dont expect everyone to play as you wish (hiding isnt fun in long term especially vs some perks/killers, and hiding is just SELFISH because if killer wont find you after you unhook he will just tunnel unhooked guy, or youre just not unhooking ever oh wait you want others to be afraid not you xd )

If you came here to be afraid, to play a Horror game, why are you playing Killer? its not horror for killers? right now youre just telling ppl "you dont play the game how i want to be played" deal with it, this game evolved over 4 GOD DAMN YEARS

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Well, you can mindgame some pallets you know? And not many killers are viable if they actually commit to chases.

• uBoluCha
    uBoluCha Member Posts: 121

lul the pig ambush is used to hit survivor in the loop area or make them run away from loop area and her crouch is used to make a first hit by standing near them, and spirit yamaoka hunt is not to ignores pallets but it's for mind game pallets ,

again GIT GUD

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613

they literally just made maps smaller, removed a lot of good loops and they added the ability to get clipped on every object on the map to slow survivors down, then to top all that off they add more objects to get stuck on where there wasn't any...not to mention a lot of pallets don't spawn anymore where they used tot....take Badham pre-school for example, the school used to always spawn pallets on the cars, downstairs and and at the back of the school, now only 1 pallet spawns outside and you're lucky if you find another inside...survivors just got a massive nerf and with the new killer even more stuff getting made obsolete and you're telling me they need more of a nerf? Just wait till dedicated servers are better optimized so you guys aren't spoon fed hits in every chase...sick and tired of killers complaining about stuff when they don't realize how much BS the survivors deal with against each killer....got about a 100 of clips of me getting hit through pallets and objects....just saying when i do find pallets I'm hit through them anyways, because the game is designed to favor the Killer getting the hit instead of the survivor getting away.

• NeaMainNON_TOXIC3
    NeaMainNON_TOXIC3 Member Posts: 260

I said Spirit Fury, the perk. Not Spirit. And yes they can hear Pig's windup noise. But it is very easy to look one direction and fake it. Then turn. As I've said before, watch Otzdarva for killer tips.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

But-but-but, the devs took away the so called God loop, slowed gen speeds and made toolboxes pretty useless, all part of the killer sided patch they released a while back. Still not satisfied?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Directly or indirectly, scratchmarks are the fundamental cause of all the issues you are bringing up.

Basically here's a few things:

1. Just hiding on it's own isn't particularly engaging. Particularly for the Killer doing the searching. Stealth is at it's best in the transition between stealth and being found or vice versa.
    2. Scratchmarks make it so that once a Survivor is found it is obscenely difficult to lose them.
    3. The first point means Survivors being often found is good, while the 2nd means they will eventually go down since they can't properly escape
    4. Balancing around 3 requires Survivors to have a goal in a chase other than escaping it. The core mechanics of the game only allows for stalling to be the alternative.
    5. Said balance leads to all of the frustration issues and looping things that you are complaining about, and thus the Survivor's reliance on 2nd chance perks.

#removescratchmarks

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Dude I get it playing killer at times particularly in the high ranks is a huge pain in the (bad word). And I do get mad at times, heck I even joked that high ranking killers is basically Spirit simulator-( Well not exactly that but you get what I mean) The point is that it is really rough, and it actually does hurt for that to happen. I almost quit this game after around 7 black pips before I finally got a good game. So one thing if you are new to the game try to learn the maps and use your head to figure and plan on how to cut off the loops for survivors, and finally if you do have name calling or rude comments, like that you can close the chat bar and don't have to listen to that. But from the looks of it if survivors are giving you rude comments like that then you can report, because the devs take these kind of things very seriously. particularly if there are death threats, so you can report rude survivors for this.( Don't do it every time though). Just remember that you are not alone in this and that we all struggle at this game, just find some positivity, and take a break. Other than that keep your hope up because you can be just as good as any other famous dbd player, it just takes time.

P.S. one thing is that for the comments that were made about you, if those are their actual gamer tag be very careful because acussing any one can get you in trouble in the forums.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Survivor is fine. The problem is swf's, but they'll defend it till there death, and swear *most* don't use coms, and that they have zero advantages. Even go as far as they need buffs. The killer is too strong..

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    edited June 2020

Firstly, do not go in thinking a win is just one way. Set yourself a target, even if it is "I will aim to hook each survivor once, even if I get 0K". You will lose and lose often, so once you understand that the game instantly becomes less stressful. Use Tomes or Daily Challenges to focus what to work on.

Secondly, choose your chases wiselt. Do not follow a survivor to an area miles from the generators. Sometimes, a whack to injure them will be enough to see them scurry and look for a heal. Time healing = extra time to hunt others or do gen patrols.

Thirdly, as said previously, do not respect pallets. So you get donked on the head. Big deal! That's one less pallet to worry about. However, do that on pallets near generators. Get them to drop it as soon as possible. Later, there will be no protection available and be easier prey. If there's a pallet in the middle of nowhere, don't even consider chasing around it. If survivors want to hang out there doing nothing that's fine!

Number 4. Be chaotic! Do not keep trying the same tactic or playstyle. If it helps, imagine being in the mind of the Killer. Hillbilly? Occassionally go into Chainsaw Psycho Mode. Wraith? Try stalking prey rather than go for the hit - they may lead you to the others. Do not be affraid to play "dumb" - it will keep them nervous.

Fifth is to observe the playstyle of the survivor. Do they look behind or wiggle around a lot, looking like a cocky a**? Best not try to mindgame them yet - they know what the plays are. Take them when they least expect it in areas not as safe. Easier ones are worth chasing. Do not be affraid to stop chases.

Finally, and this isn't mentioned enough, take responsibility and own your poor performances, rather than blame everything on others. Figure out what you did wrong. Learn from it. I recently lost what I recon would be a 4K and ended with 1K because I was greedy for a survivor, leaving an ideal 3 gen situation in pursuit and paid the price for underestimating them. I am not going to blame it on map or their playstyle; I understand it was wholly my fault. The best bit about this way of thinking is that you can't change others, but you can change yourself. When you realise that, life will get easier.

• NuclearBurrito

I don't see what your kill rate has to do with this.

I see some streamers straight up say that Survivors are overpowered. They don't come to the forums to say it, but I don't see how the format they are using to state their opinion matters.

• NuclearBurrito

If that was the case I would expect them to say other things in the forums where biases aren't relevant. For example their thoughts on map asthetics. I would also expect that the other streamers that don't talk about Survivors being OP (ex: Not Otz) WOULD be on the forums due to bias against them being a non-issue in the first place.

They don't, therefor reality matches one where they have some other reason to not use the forums.

Also True3 is one of the most loud about saying Survivors being OP and usually alternates between Killer and Survivor. How many popular streamers do you know that are also on these forums.

If you disagree, then name 2 streamers with at least 1000 followers that are active on the forums.

• CantDeadHarder
    CantDeadHarder Member Posts: 188

Billy can curve loop

nurse can blink through loops

Trapper can trap loops

Spirit can go invisible and hit you around loops

huntress can hit over loops

Pyramid Head can hit you through loops

Do you see what I'm getting at? Killers have unique ways of dealing with loops

and what can survivors do? Just run around a loop and hope for the best.

Until the devs can figure out a way for survivors to mix up chases, dont complain about looping, once you are found loop to buy your team time before you go down or waste enough time.

• Erk
    Erk Member Posts: 230

It doesn't look serious as you clearly don't know how to mindgame or how to loop tiles. You should watch Scott's video on running tiles. Until then, every chase will take 10 decades.

• UA_Whipcream
    UA_Whipcream Member Posts: 5

I mean I know you said it but it sounds like you just need to practice killer because if anything survivors need to be buffed because sure we have decisive sprint burst ext. but you can have ruin no Ed blood warden or A nurses calling Plus a lot more. I do not think that survivors should be nerfed

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364

LMAO. you think pig and legion's strong suits are loop play.

• sadmyers
    sadmyers Member Posts: 11

Looping is the only defense for survivors. I get the frustration but try to learn mind games and not just holding forward the whole chase. I'm sorry but you can't be upset about a survivor looping you.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Well clearly you're not as good as you think you are if you're getting looped for 5 gens

• NeaMainNON_TOXIC3
    NeaMainNON_TOXIC3 Member Posts: 260

No I think Legion strong suit is keeping everyone injured, and Pig's is stalling a game. Their powers can help with shutting down a loop. For example you can FF and block someone from a pallet. You can use your ambush to surprise and catch someone off guard. I like to fake it a lot. Crouch and prepare for the ambush but stand back up and hit then with an M1.

• LilSnek
    LilSnek Member Posts: 20

Tbh survivors are op... and u might say but this but that no no no stfu... if you get more stressed playing as the killer while the survivors just troll you cause they are more superhuman than a monster then something is wrong with the game.

irl and in movies the one screaming from pain and fear is the victim not the murderer... i dont care if the killer gets less blood points for a win but he/she/it should win 8/10 times! survivors should run away and not try to bait you on a chase cause its fun, while the rest gen-rush the hell out of you -_-

• Nessyhere
    Nessyhere Member Posts: 15

My soul is not show on this doll you quack. TBH your liscence should be revoked...

• scottymo
    scottymo Member Posts: 74

Lol survivors “too strong” hilarious!

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305

Yeah new maps have a lot more pallets, but they have a lot of VERY unsafe pallets in that with only like 10% being safe. I will say, this is a complaint that a new player would have, you just need more practice in the game.